Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
sierra092 said:
Is that a new shin or a link to the WETA one?

its not the shin thats on the Weta thread but i think its a different,simplified version

Last edited by a moderator:
Since no one has unfolded crackhead's forearm model, I went ahead and did it.

forearm-1.jpg

Left Forearm

Right Forearm

Dang I've gotten so much from this thread! Thanks everyone! But there are a few things I need help with, I'm working on the REC0N 0DST and I did notice there are a few differences in the armor, {stomach and back.} I've looked everywhere to try and find it but I haven't seen anything. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Ral Partha said:
Since no one has unfolded crackhead's forearm model, I went ahead and did it.

forearm-1.jpg

Left Forearm

Right Forearm

great unfold i was planing on unfolding it but im on vacation

*Tayl0r* said:
Dang I've gotten so much from this thread! Thanks everyone! But there are a few things I need help with, I'm working on the REC0N 0DST and I did notice there are a few differences in the armor, {stomach and back.} I've looked everywhere to try and find it but I haven't seen anything. Has anyone got any suggestions?

i believe that shade is goin to model the stomach plate that dare has

Harding29 said:
great unfold i was planing on unfolding it but im on vacation

i believe that shade is goin to model the stomach plate that dare has

Ok cool, Thanks man!

Gearsofhalo said:
man that forearm unfold is fantastic. each is like a ten to fifteen minute build!!! yay!!!

wow they are super nice,cant wait to build them when i get home!!!!

Man, I already pepped one forearm, but that unfold looks superb! And much easier than my own unfold. Thanks so much, Ral, that'll make it much easier for everyone planning to pep that (including me). And which stomach plate are you talking about, Harding?

Nightshade said:
Man, I already pepped one forearm, but that unfold looks superb! And much easier than my own unfold. Thanks so much, Ral, that'll make it much easier for everyone planning to pep that (including me). And which stomach plate are you talking about, Harding?

The stomach plate that Dare wears i thought i read somewhere in this thread that u or someone else has planing on modeling it but i might be wrong

Now usually I don't ask for sizing help as I figure trial and error is best, but I'm perplexed. To anyone that's pepped crackhead's latest forearm models, do you not find them enormously round? The ones by f3tt man I scaled to 29cm (this is without the elbow piece included, so taking that into account) so accordingly, I scaled crackhead's LD forearm to 29cm (since that file has no elbow piece) and the length is okay, a little on the long side but I can trim it down, but the width just looks huuuuuuuuge. At 5'8 29cm has worked out for every forearm piece except for this one, even the Mk. VI spartan forearm fit better than this. Anyone have any scaling or fit suggestions?

I posted this a page back:

I scaled it to 292mm long and then cut out some strips in the finished pep to make the arm opening much less wide while not loosing details

Scale it to you arm's length (plus more to accomodate the elbow plate) and then cut out about 1/2" strips from the model in specific spots (I'll post a pic of my cuts I made so you know where I mean. I cut them where the arm would not lose any detail or get bent, and now it fits great, and once the padding, etc, is added, it should be fine. I'll get a pic or two up sometime ...

Nightshade said:
I posted this a page back:

Scale it to you arm's length (plus more to accomodate the elbow plate) and then cut out about 1/2" strips from the model in specific spots (I'll post a pic of my cuts I made so you know where I mean. I cut them where the arm would not lose any detail or get bent, and now it fits great, and once the padding, etc, is added, it should be fine. I'll get a pic or two up sometime ...

my bad, I usually catch things like that. Sorry about that.

Also, it's kind of weird that it has to be cut like that isn't it? In any case, I'll give it a shot later today. Thanks.

my bad, I usually catch things like that. Sorry about that.

Also, it's kind of weird that it has to be cut like that isn't it? In any case, I'll give it a shot later today. Thanks.

No problem, glad I could help.

By the way, the links up for the new crotch plate (the one that is strapped below the belt buckle. However, you might just want to pep 1ManBattalion's file. Your pick:

Crotch Plate .obj

hey, idk if im technically allowed to do this, but if not, dont take it the wrong way. Since Ral Partha was kind enough to work his magic and combine the base shoulder with the Sniper perm. i was wondering if he would be willing to do the same with 1manbattalion's file. its just an idea, that i hope wont fall through. i am pming both of them about this, and i just wanted to let yall know of my idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back