Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey shade. yeah, DARE is a female. if you watch any of the first look cutscene trailers you can see fer face and hear fer voice. she is 100% woman. haha. im pretty much gonna try and make a custom set of armor. like im gonna try and have a rookie helm with added romeo goggles, standard chest, DARE stomach plates (if they are modeled in time), both a sniper perm and CQ perm shoulders, and then the rest will be standard ODST gear. this gear set up is trademarked! i see anyone with it ill be pissed!! haha jk. oh, and i am making the WETA waistplates as well. they will be good enough to work with haha.

Nightshade said:
I fully agree. Do you have a shot or two of the leg armor (if you had any)? Or just any other pics? Or are they all in your build thread?

UPDATE: Just downloaded some SMG renders and I think I'll start modeling now. I just happen to five three or four hours of free time until the party. Will keep ya' posted ...

if you go to the descusion forum in the thread gen con 09 i posted a vid of me and loess, it shows both of our full suits and me t-baging an invisble elite lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Nightshade said:
Well, I guess that it all depends on the size of your crotch (lol, jk). Hmmm, I'd look at the in-game screenshots (there are some on the beginning pages of the thread) and choose a size in relation to the plates above it. I think it's a little less wide than the belt plate (which, after lookin' at the screenshot, I think I need to make my belt plate a bit wider.)

Ok I thought as much just thought I would ask here since it seems to be the place to ask these things haha

Hey guys and gals im back home after a 20hour drive back from Florida,im goin to get on any unfolding that needs to be done and start getting my hip/side equipment plates peped(i had one equip plate done at Florida but i think it got smashed on the drive back)and yes Nightshade Dare is a chick lol

Nightshade said:
newcenterpiecepep.jpg

New and Improved Center Equiptment Plate

can anyone release this in a pdo file my pepakura designer crashes when i try this file(im goin to unfold it)

and i have the crotch plate unfolded but i want to release them both at the same time

Hey Ima gonna try modeling the dare armor

YAY! sweet crackhead! please release it here! i have big plans for DARE's stomach plates and stuff. do them first! screw the shoulders haha. im excited now. oh and harding, i cant wait for your files either. im workin every day and peppin every night haha

Malechei said:
First, I should point out that ALL of the ODSTs wear the same armor. Some of them just have some funky additions. While some people may be thrown off by those additions to the armor, I am not. With that in mind, here are the pictures.

First, the exact same picture S1l3nt V1p3er posted, but in high def and blown up. Turns out, when you can actually see it, it's not so clear that it's in 3 pieces. The bottom looks kinda like it could be, but the top very clearly melds right into the center piece.

untitled.jpg

I should point out that, at that time in production, the above picture was still considered concept art.

Now, a shot from an actual in-game cinematic released by Bungie. You can clearly see Dutch's chest plate (again, they all wear the same armor, just different additions). It is obviously in one piece with a couple pouches added on to each side.

untitled2.jpg

Moving on, I wanted to go back to the original Halo 3 game model of the ODST because, well, that's the model that Bungie is building off of. Here are a few shots from Halo 3 where you can clearly see the chest is one piece.

untitled3.jpg

untitled4.jpg

The ONLY time that the chest piece has ever been in 3 seperate pieces was in the WETA version of the armor. I'm not necessarily saying that anything is wrong with that. I'm just saying that if anyone wants armor that is accurate the the Halo3: ODST game, then Nightshade is definitely on the right track.

Mal

keke, not to be weird or out of place somehow... but i noticed the odst chestplate is like the weta one excpet its one piece and the bottom flap things on the sides are shut... does anyone else see that?

IroniumCostuming said:
keke, not to be weird or out of place somehow... but i noticed the odst chestplate is like the weta one excpet its one piece and the bottom flap things on the sides are shut... does anyone else see that?

um im not really sure on what ur saying but i think its about the game chest vs. the Weta chest and that there the same except that the Weta is in three pieces,idk if thats what u were trying to say but thats what i got out of it,well i like the game version better

Harding, I'm gonna work on the second shoulder and finish the center piece today and tomorrow I'm gonna do the Sniper Plates, then I'm gonna try out your side equipments.

kiba963 said:
Harding, I'm gonna work on the second shoulder and finish the center piece today and tomorrow I'm gonna do the Sniper Plates, then I'm gonna try out your side equipments.

well good luck i put my left one together yesterday and it was almost a pefect pep i was so happy but for my right one it was dark,i was tired,and i bit it,but it doesnt look to bad

and can any one tell me how to get my ODST wip thread link into my sig but i want it so that u just click ODST WIP and then it takes u to where the thread is

just make a simple link harding. type "url="your thread here"]ODST wip[/url" and replace the "" with front and end brackets and you will be good to go.

flipboy439 said:
just make a simple link harding. type "url="your thread here"]ODST wip[/url" and replace the "" with front and end brackets and you will be good to go.

thanks but back to this thread lol can anyone please send me a .pdo file center equipment plate without the circle piece in the middle i want to get it unfolded and built

mks81 said:
pm'd Harding for his e-mail addy so that I can send it to him.

thanks so much,i got ur email and downloaded the file and its working

thanks again and ill have that unfolded tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back