Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE:

Well, thanks to a little *encouragement* from Harding, I got around to making additions to the sniper goggles, and, well, here they are!

I hope you like 'em. I added the simple second lense, and also some edge detail around the ... well, edges. I made the additions off an in-game screenshot, so it should be pretty detailed:

Modeling Screenshot:

gogglesv3screenshot.jpg

Pepakura Screenshot:

gogglesv3screenshot2.jpg

And finally the file link:

ODST Goggles v3

---------------------------

I hope you like 'em (and that someone offers to unfold them *cough cough*)

Shade

Nightshade said:
UPDATE:

Well, thanks to a little *encouragement* from Harding, I got around to making additions to the sniper goggles, and, well, here they are!

I hope you like 'em. I added the simple second lense, and also some edge detail around the ... well, edges. I made the additions off an in-game screenshot, so it should be pretty detailed:

And finally the file link:

ODST Goggles v3

---------------------------

I hope you like 'em (and that someone offers to unfold them *cough cough*)

Shade

Yay and u know what ima gonna do lol UNFOLD it

and guess what

i have the center equipment plate V2 unfolded

http://www.4shared.com/file/125976237/d50a5c83/_2__ODSTcenter_equipment_plateUnfoldHARDING29.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Gearsofhalo said:
thank you!!! you both(nightshade, and harding) rock!!!!!

well thanks i guess but i just unfolded it and Nightshade is a monster at modeling

man when i saw the new goggles i [removed]

oh and Spartan137 that was nice,major BURN lol had to say it

Nightshade is a monster at modeling

Lol, it was nothing, really ...

man when i saw the new goggles i JIZZED IN MY PANTS LOL

Glad I could ... help ... you.

You misspelled genius.

HAHA that made my day. MAJOR BURN. Lol. Didn't even notice that one.

EDIT:

Main post updated/edited. Less pic heavy. Added screenshots and links for center equiptment plate and crotch plate. Just waiting on the gogs, lol.

YAY! finally i can get to work on the Goggles! sweet and the center plate too. looks like today was a good day for all the 405th ODST troops in-the-making haha. Thanks guys you both kick ass!

Thanks guys you both kick ass!

Umm, I think I'll take that as a compliment.

*Off topic*

New siggy and avatar. ODST-style. I thought the old one was a little unrelated. Quote from mks18, btw.

Different look, same modeler you all love (lol),

Shade

beast sig Nightshade and does anyone know the colors for the ODST helm, i was doin mine all flat black for a stealthy look but idk i might change it to the standard colors with my one design of course

does anyone know the colors for the ODST helm, i was doin mine all flat black for a stealthy look but idk i might change it to the standard colors with my one design of course

I'd sugguest a very dark base (glossy black, dark grey), with bright silver weathering/damage. Then apply a very bright color to certain areas to stand out from the dark helmet (bright orange, greyish-light-blue, electric green). I myself am sort of planning on making my own helmet look like the bucket in Syphon's sig (which looks sweet). "Standard" is boring.

Speaking of my own armor, I plan to make mine with two base shoulders and the sniper plates, a Rookie helmet with custom scratch details, sniper goggles and Dutch's skull details, standard chest setup with several pouches, and no backpack. I also plan to add my own LED detailing to the chest plate, bucket, shoulders, center equiptment plate, and possibly the thighs/kneecaps. Anyway, that's what I plan to do. One last idea I had for the shoulders: Once resined (or before), I wanted to cut out of the paper a design (like a stylized "NS", etc) in the top front face of the upper plate, then cover it behind with a semi-transparent material, behind which I want to wire in some LED's. It will be like an illuminated custom shoulder emblem. Just a though.

And glad you like the new sig!

Shade

EDIT: After studying the SMG renders, I've decided to model a less-detailed base model, and then add to the pep file some sliced pieces to be glued (in multiple layers, if need be) to the outside of the base model.

Harding29 said:
beast sig Nightshade and does anyone know the colors for the ODST helm, i was doin mine all flat black for a stealthy look but idk i might change it to the standard colors with my one design of course

I'd say a gunmetal color. That's what I'm planning on using. It looks great against the black IMO

Thanks for the quick center-equipment-piece unfold! It's going to be a great help. Just a quick glance at it and I know this is going to be a lot less painful than any unfold I could do. =P

Also loving Nightshade's new sig.

Btw Shade, you ispired me to whip up a new sig

Hey, glad that I inspired you! The sig looks great (and very legit). Any sig with "ODST" is ballin' IMO.

Also loving Nightshade's new sig.

Glad 'ya like it! I had to Photoshop a "PROJECT" to look just like the "ODST". Fun.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The Halo 3: ODST Armor Thread has finally overtaken the WETA: Landfall Armor Thread in post count (658 to 656 posts, respectively). Great work, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back