Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wallace said:
so wait did anyone try moving the sniper goggles to work for the right handed people?

theres a file for right handed poeple and left handed people

Last edited by a moderator:
Nightshade said:
I myself am sort of planning on making my own helmet look like the bucket in Syphon's sig (which looks sweet). "Standard" is boring.

Lol, glad you like it :D , thats the basic theme im kicking around for my helm ( when i get to it) gotta honor the irish heritage and all that (and if you think thats overboard, wait till you see how im painting my car :eek )

it would be awesome if ya use it tho, i guess lime green squad can use a new member or two :cool

awesome work, lovin' it all

HaloGoddess said:
OMG!!! :D If you do that I would be SOOO freakin happy!!! I am trying to get DARE's armor done in time for release night, but I am having so many issues because it seems everything I want to build, NOTHING exists for it! :(

I don't even know what I am going to do for the under armor for DARE. :( And money IS an issue.

But I HAVE found lots of useful files in this thread so far. But all the chestplates I have seen so far still look too different from what DARE has. Why do I always have to choose the difficult characters!? :p

I concur. Pep files for her pieces would be awesome.

I know how it's going to work out though. I'm going to start work on it because I have to in order to get things finished on time...and right when I'm about 75% done, you're going to release your model and I'm going to cry like a little girl for all the time I just spent.

But I still love your work and look forward to it. :)

Edit:

3838620405_b0d322a1a5.jpg

New stomach piece. Really easy build. The only issue I ran into is in the little depressions that run along the width of the piece. I couldn't figure out how the heck they connected together at the place where the front/sides met, so I just kind of winged it and it worked out fine. Thanks to Nightshade for the model and harding for the unfold.

Edit:

I know everyone's busy with a million projects, and looking at Nightshade's workload...maybe more like a million and a half.

But I just wanted to throw an small comment on the chest piece.

If someone gets the time to touch it up, the current model has the top part being rather flat, when actually it should be curving downward, as in Savvytank's chest model:

DSCF1854.jpg

Great job shade :) I'm glad someone stepped up and did these :) People have more options now :)

Also, to the whiner above who "wasted" ink, learn how to search and look more. My team worked HARD on those files.

kolinrulz said:
what about those shoulder plates micky has?

those are posted a little bit back in the thread,i asked about them

Skullcandy Girl said:
Great job shade :) I'm glad someone stepped up and did these :) People have more options now :)

Also, to the whiner above who "wasted" ink, learn how to search and look more. My team worked HARD on those files.

agreed

Adding on to what Trooper said i believe the chest piece is very Halo 3 accurate and not as Halo 3:ODST accurate, especially in the "wings". But i have no reason to complain your doing a great job nightshade! Keep it up!

IzBisch said:
wow guys this is just amazing

i just finished printing out all the weta pieces (except a helm(not sure y))

then i found this thread and decided to make these instead

so thanks you made me waste a $h!t load of ink

so ill finish printing in the morning then assemble after orientation in the morning (freshman year ;)

this did come off a little rude, but im sure you did not mean for it too... now apologize to the lady and her team for offending her. remember not all of the H3: ODST pieces have been made, so you will have to use some of those outrageously awesome files that SKG and Crew made, so you may want to keep some of those pages you printed out.

Skullcandy Girl said:

we all know how hard your group worked on the files, and we are all extremely grateful for them... i would waste ink on printing out those files any day :D

on topic: You guys still continue to impress me with your 3d modeling skills, keep at it.

kolinrulz said:
what about those shoulder plates micky has?

Those were released by 1Manbattalion. They're in the first post in his thread, though there's no image attached to it so it's easy to miss.

And as for SKG/NZ-TK/etc.'s WETA ODST vs the game ODST, my two cents are as follows:

1st cent: They're both awesome pieces of work with a lot of time and effort by talented folks

2nd cent: They're two different models. The WETA ODST wasn't "game accurate" even to the Halo3 ODSTs from the get go, but it will always have its own little niche.

Soooo, how's the SMG looking so far? (Screenshots a page back). Any criticism now would make my job much easier than later (lol). And about the chest piece, dam, it looks like I'll never get that down just right. I already had three versions come out, but looks like I might need to make a fourth. Oh well. It's not bad for me, but I know it's annoying to the unfolders (and those who already pepped the chestplate). Anyway, my current pep is fine for me, but I might release an updated .obj. After that, I guess it's your problem. It's just annoying how people never seem to make those criticisms until after I've released a new file. Well, what can ya' do, huh? Anyway, I'm hopefully gonna finish that SMG tonight and give the unfolders a shot at it. Hopefully.

Hey Syphon, yeah, I just might make my armor like that. Black and green is the way to go. Just ask my New Era Yankee cap.

Trooper, that armor is looking superb, can't wait to see it 100% done!

And SKG, I'm really glad to see you in the thread! Your work has made it so much easier for the modelers. I couldn't imagine having to model those shins, they're crazy ... (*Shudder*)

Still looking for criticism on that SMG,

Shade

Nightshade said:
Still looking for criticism on that SMG,

Shade

well ive beeb looking the pics u posted for about 10min and it looks good to me,nothing seems to be too flat or round,i mean im happy with it so far

Harding29 said:
im not too sure on what u mean by "not un-foldable"

I mean one where the folds go through other folds and there's no way to do it.

EDIT: Nevermind the WETA one's PERFECT!

Ok, can you say "ODST SMG"???

It's done. Please actually open up the file in pep and tell me what it's lacking or what I should change. That will make it much easier for the unfolders who don't want to do multiple unfolds for this model if it has to be constantly updated (*chest piece cough cough*).

(*EDIT* - Link to file removed, new link to fixed file on the next page ...)

finalscreenshot1.png

finalscreenshot2.png

finalscreenshot3.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad to be back with another model,

Shade

looks good Nightshade but when i open it in pep designer the main body,handle,and silencer are a gray color instead of a white and that means it the inside pieces and it asked me to flip it inside out but then the stock,grip,barrel,clip,and laser site are gray,showing the inside on the outside

idk what u would have to do to fix it or if i can fix if

Easy fix, Harding, I just have to reverse the normals on those parts (one-click fix) ...

PS - Is the front grip modeled correctly? I didn't know if it was fully attatched, or if it can open and close (that's how I modeled it, so that it could swivel open (pointed down) and closed (pointed towards the trigger guard). I just didn't know.

Nightshade said:
Easy fix, Harding, I just have to reverse the normals on those parts (one-click fix) ...

PS - Is the front grip modeled correctly? I didn't know if it was fully attatched, or if it can open and close (that's how I modeled it, so that it could swivel open (pointed down) and closed (pointed towards the trigger guard). I just didn't know.

yeah im pretty sure the grip is suppost to swivel like u said so i think its good except for what i said before

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what to do on the soft armor for the thighs.

I was thinking that we could use a pep model and fill it with hot glue and then take the paper off leaving a flexible shape (can't remember what this was called when someone posted it as an idea for creating MC under suit pieces).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back