Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harding29 said:
I hate school.Its been a week and all i got done was one ODST knee piece,just pepped

I hear you out loud and clear brother,I only have like 2 pages pepped of 16 all week.SCHOOL IS HOLDING US BACK.I hate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
IroniumCostuming said:
not to sound stupid, but im not sure if i should scale the crackhead odst guantlets any smaller

what ever u do dont scale them any bigger becuase they will be huge,it happened to me

IroniumCostuming said:
not to sound stupid, but im not sure if i should scale the crackhead odst guantlets any smaller

If you have built a Mk VI forearm before, scale it to the same length. When I first built the ODST forearm, it looked huge but that's while wearing it on my bare arm. When I wore it with my BDU, it looked just about right.

I've been working double time on this helmet, and it's pepakura form is almost done! See you guys on the ste on Sunday. LATER!

Hey guys, I realize that I haven't done much modeling for the 405th lately, so I did a little update on Romeo's sniper plates, and I hope it's a little closer to the game armor and not the concept art I based the first version off of. It might need a bit more work, but it's a start. Note: I based the new model solely off of this image, which didn't give me much to work with in the first place. Oh well, I did my best:

Reference:

romeoreference.png

In Pepakura:

version4pepscreenshot.jpg

And here's the link to the .obj file so you can view it in Pep, and, if everything's ok, someone might just unfold it. I need the "Stamp of Approval" first, though. Also, the piece needs to be scaled up a bit more than the default scale of the last version.

http://www.4shared.com/file/130471454/a10fd253/odst_sniper_platesv4.html

Nightshade said:
Hey guys, I realize that I haven't done much modeling for the 405th lately, so I did a little update on Romeo's sniper plates, and I hope it's a little closer to the game armor and not the concept art I based the first version off of. It might need a bit more work, but it's a start. Note: I based the new model solely off of this image, which didn't give me much to work with in the first place. Oh well, I did my best:

And here's the link to the .obj file so you can view it in Pep, and, if everything's ok, someone might just unfold it. I need the "Stamp of Approval" first, though. Also, the piece needs to be scaled up a bit more than the default scale of the last version.

http://www.4shared.com/file/130471454/a10fd253/odst_sniper_platesv4.html

only thing i think should be different is that the thin side pieces should be thicker and u know ill jump on in and unfold it

warhound said:
What modeling program do you use? I've been trying to find a good one for ages.

if you mean what proggram to use to make/view models you use pepakura viewer or the on you have to pay for to make models for got what its called. but on a more important matter you jacked my sig with minor modification to it :cry:

That's cool. The reason why I did the WETA one is because it that one's folds looked odd to me. Plus this one's an awesome fit.

I have one question though. Is there a stickie somewhere on how to make a visor for the helmets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back