Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be fine with me ... if you're talking about the crotch plate model. By all mean, go for it, if it means making it easier for people to pep.

well i was actually referring to 1manbattalion's CQ Shoulder perm and your base shoulder. Like what Ral did with the Sniper perm, where he scaled it and put it in one file so its easier to pep and not have to worry about scaling both pieces wrongly. I pmed both of them, so we will see wat happens.

Okay sweet, i didnt want to be stepping over any lines or anything since its your file, Ral's unfolding, and 1manbattalion's file all together. what is your next project shade?

Hey guys! Are there any pep files for a main torso? I've looked through the thread but couldn't find anything

Hey guys! Are there any pep files for a main torso? I've looked through the thread but couldn't find anything

Check the main post in 1ManBattalion's thread. He has a torso file that works very well. I've pepped it myself.

Okay sweet, i didnt want to be stepping over any lines or anything since its your file, Ral's unfolding, and 1manbattalion's file all together. what is your next project shade?

I really respect your caution to handle other people's files. It means a lot to the modelers and unfolders who spent time making them. As for the next project, hmmm, again, I can't do much work at all this week, but next week I plan to start resining my armor, etc. I don't think I'll do much more modeling until I've already finished most of the other armor pieces. The talented modelers of the 405th (and then me) have finished modeling nearly the entire ODST suit, aside from the side plates and some specialized pieces. I think the thing that would make us most happy would be to see some of the members on the site show pics of some completed armor pieces. Seeing the finished products really keep us going ...

Anyway, I'm planning on pepping the shin next (the muuuch easier version) and the crotch plate. I think that, by the time I've resined and pepped a few more pieces, some final versions of the boot plate, backpack, etc, may be available (I know that the F3TT MAN has worked on those pieces).

(Then we will fight in the)

Shade

PS - Roach, glad to see your first post was in my thread! I'd advise you making a post in the "Intoduce Yourself" thread in the noob forum so we can get to know you a little better. (In fact, I don't even know if you're supposed to post in this forum unless you are promoted to vet or higher ... just a friendly heads-up)

Hey, does anyone happen to have an unfold of the new chest piece to share? I'm having a tough time getting it to look right with all the little details and such. =|

Hey Trooper, glad to see a real ODST soldier in the thread! Do you mean this new chest plate:

newcenterpiecepep.jpg

Unfortunately, no one has stepped up to unfold this model yet, which is sad, because it's so much easier than the previous version. Also, once a link to an unfolded version is up and running, we can add it to the wiki.

I have already pepped the piece and added the missing details using material from an extra-thick egg carton top, and it looks great (IMO). In my build, I cut out the tiny faces on the corners of the indentations and just added blue masking tape on the back. Nothing a little Bondo won't fix. I'll have pics when I start my progress thread (probably late next week and the week after, once things are moving and the risining is getting finished up ... I still have to get more of that). You can see how I unfolded mine in the picture (I would have added my own link, but unfortunately, I don't have a paid copy of pep). Anyway, those are just my little construction tips.

Or did you mean some other plate?

Shade

Nightshade said:
Hey Trooper, glad to see a real ODST soldier in the thread! Do you mean this new chest plate:

Unfortunately, no one has stepped up to unfold this model yet, which is sad, because it's so much easier than the previous version. Also, once a link to an unfolded version is up and running, we can add it to the wiki.

Or did you mean some other plate?

Shade

i would have had that unfolded and posted up but im on my laptop in Florida until sunday so ill have it unfolded for everyone Monday afternoon,and Nightshade could u post a pic of the circle piece that u make for the center equipment plate,im trying to get an idea of how u made it

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that's the piece!

Glad you like my suit Nightshade. It couldn't be done without the work of you and all the other modelers/unfolders out there.

And thanks Harding, I look forward to seeing it. :) I'm sure it'll be loads easier than the travesty I have open in my pep designer right now. =P

Seems like the tops of bottles is the most popular easy-route to go for detailing that piece. :)

Hehe, Harding, can I get you that picture once my summer reading's done. Until that time, my pep pieces are ... confiscated (lol). Like my friend HeavyGunner would say, "Life first, Forum second." Luckily, I'm about half-way done. Just another 400 pages to go. Fun .

Glad you like my suit Nightshade. It couldn't be done without the work of you and all the other modelers/unfolders out there.

Awww, shucks, I'm glad I could play some part in the making of the awesome armor. (Lol, but I know I'm not the only one).

And Harding, looking forward to that unfold. You can look at the pic of my own unfold for a quick reference if you want. I found mine to be a pretty easy build.

Ok weird question but like what should the dimensions be of the crotch plate?

Well, I guess that it all depends on the size of your crotch (lol, jk). Hmmm, I'd look at the in-game screenshots (there are some on the beginning pages of the thread) and choose a size in relation to the plates above it. I think it's a little less wide than the belt plate (which, after lookin' at the screenshot, I think I need to make my belt plate a bit wider.)

Hey Guys, ive been away from the forums for a while but I was just wondering if anyone knew if someone made a pep friendly scilenced SMG yet. thnx! Also I have just finnished peping most of my suit and resining my helmet, pictures coming soon.

Actually, I way thinking about modeling the SMG (a sort of easy version, without insane detail like Hunter's file) like maybe next week or in a few days. I'm pretty fast at modeling weapons, it's just that I'm currently pepping the hip plate, sniper shields (finally) and beginning to pep Rundown's Rookie helmet. And my sister has her going-away-to-college party today, so I'm pretty busy cleaning, etc.

I've pretty much decided to make my armor close to Romeo's, only with some detail from Dutch's armor (skull paintjob, chest pouches, two shoulders, etc). Now that I've finished pepping all of the chest equiptment, shoulder, sniper plates, (almost) hip plate, thigh and gauntlet, I think it's time to continually irritate my dad until he has no choice but to go out to Home Depo to pick up a few cans of resin and some fiberglass matting.

Also, although I've pepped SKG's torso file, I just now noticed that ... well, it isn't really present on the new ODST's, so I may just save some resin and scratch that (cool file, though). I might get to modeling a new back/torso piece, but I'm sticking to finishing what I've got so far on the armor before worrying about the less important pieces (then again, why did I just do the sniper plate? Idk).

ha. yeah i just got done pepping your ODST chest piece last night and it went by in a breeze! very easy build, and good file too! does that mean you have modeled the hip plates shade? i would love if you have! :D. also, do you know if anyone has made DARE's stomach plate yet?

hey night what do you mean when you called trooper a real odst when there me and loess ha ha, btw thanks for all the help with files, you guys are the best

P8040009.jpg

Well, flipboy, I'm using the hip plate from the WETA Landfall project (modeled by SKG). You can find the thread a page or two back. I would add the link to the file, but SKG clearly asked not to post the file anywhere else on the 405th. And I'm really glad that you found the chest plate an easy build. You can thank Ral Partha for that. It's amazing how he takes pages off of other's unfolds (I mean make unfolds with much less pages, just for clarification) and got the chest plate down to two pages!. And no, I don't think that anyone has yet modeled Dare's stomach plate.

And @ Rvb18, dang, what can I say! Great start to the suit (I'm assuming that you're planning on making real gauntlets, etc), especially since you only had some of the armor done by the time you went to the convention! It looks like you had a great time there! Wish I could have been there. Maybe we can go to a convention with our finished armor sometime. That would be cool!

EDIT: Ok, after taking a look, Dare's unique chest plates don't look all that difficult to model. I might take a crack at it at some point in the future. It would be a pretty easy edit from the standard ODST chestplate to Dare's, although, with a combination of the standard pep and custom carboard modifications, etc, one might be able to pull it off. Also, I know this is a stupid question, but ... is Dare a female? It just looked like it in this picture:

halo3odstdarej.jpg

Sorry if that was a stupid question. Anywhere, good shot of Dare's chest armor:

odstdarechest.png

Nightshade said:
Well, flipboy, I'm using the hip plate from the WETA Landfall project (modeled by SKG). You can find the thread a page or two back. I would add the link to the file, but SKG clearly asked not to post the file anywhere else on the 405th. And I'm really glad that you found the chest plate an easy build. You can thank Ral Partha for that. It's amazing how he takes pages off of other's unfolds (I mean make unfolds with much less pages, just for clarification) and got the chest plate down to two pages!. And no, I don't think that anyone has yet modeled Dare's stomach plate.

And @ Rvb18, dang, what can I say! Great start to the suit (I'm assuming that you're planning on making real gauntlets, etc), especially since you only had some of the armor done by the time you went to the convention! It looks like you had a great time there! Wish I could have been there. Maybe we can go to a convention with our finished armor sometime. That would be cool!

EDIT: Ok, after taking a look, Dare's unique chest plates don't look all that difficult to model. I might take a crack at it at some point in the future. It would be a pretty easy edit from the standard ODST chestplate to Dare's, although, with a combination of the standard pep and custom carboard modifications, etc, one might be able to pull it off. Also, I know this is a stupid question, but ... is Dare a female? It just looked like it in this picture:

halo3odstdarej.jpg

Sorry if that was a stupid question. Anywhere, good shot of Dare's chest armor:

odstdarechest.png
sounds good to me, and ya over half of that suit was made the day before the convention. ya, damn good for an overnighter

Last edited by a moderator:
ya, damn good for an overnighter

I fully agree. Do you have a shot or two of the leg armor (if you had any)? Or just any other pics? Or are they all in your build thread?

UPDATE: Just downloaded some SMG renders and I think I'll start modeling now. I just happen to five three or four hours of free time until the party. Will keep ya' posted ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back