Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
kiba963 said:
I have one question though. Is there a stickie somewhere on how to make a visor for the helmets?

Not for the ODST but there are a few suggestions scattered here and there. You might want to try and contact Link about them too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Harding, I'm sorry I don't have the sniper plates up yet (I've done a lot more editing based on a pic I captured from the Vidoc), but I've got a ton of wierd errors in the faces and normals (I can't even delete faces, it's REALLY messed up somehow. I hope it's fixable). Anyway, I did edit the crotch plate and took out all the tiny detailed beveled edges, so I hope this model is an easier build. Could you please unfold it so I can update the crotch plate link? That would be great. The link is below:

http://www.4shared.com/file/131001300/519c6138/crotch_plate1.html

By the way, here's the reference pic I used for the sniper plates, which I hope I can fix:

romeoreference2copy.png

Hey guys! Most of you will have probably seen this, but there is a new trailer for ODST out. it has some awesome pics of the armor too!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPgN-sNuj64&feature=sub[/media]

Roach said:
Hey guys! Most of you will have probably seen this, but there is a new trailer for ODST out. it has some awesome pics of the armor too!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPgN-sNuj64&feature=sub[/media]

I know! It's the most awesome thing I've ever seen in a while! That's how and what the halo movie should be made. With the odst as the lead roles with chief

A halo movie should deffinately be made in the same manner as the live action commercial.

I think I'm going to put a pocket in the chest plates like Tarkov does with his flag at the end.

Nightshade, not seeming to sound rude, but are you doing a new back sometime?

when you do the pocket, notice that there is a release located on the top of the center plate. Look closely at the vid at about 2:09, you'll see it. also notice where it splits.

I just want to say: I love you all so much. I download pep files, go off to cutting, folding, and gluing for a week or two between work and sleep, come back, and there's a whole new set of new or improved pep files to work on! You guys are making this look easy.

sierra092 said:
A halo movie should deffinately be made in the same manner as the live action commercial.

I think I'm going to put a pocket in the chest plates like Tarkov does with his flag at the end.

Nightshade, not seeming to sound rude, but are you doing a new back sometime?

he is but u know how school work is.he said he would be working on it after he got some of his pieces pepped

i need to get the torso,both gauntlets,a shin,the thighs,and any back pieces and ill be done my suit.

im goin to start on the thighs

Harding29 said:
he is but u know how school work is.he said he would be working on it after he got some of his pieces pepped

i need to get the torso,both gauntlets,a shin,the thighs,and any back pieces and ill be done my suit.

im goin to start on the thighs

I'm working on shins right now. I also need to find a vest at the flea market's army supplies store.

Hey Harding, bunches of thanks for the unfold, you deserve a cookie!

Yeah, just so you all know, I've been really busy lately, and unfortunately probably will be for one or two months: Homework (and way to much of it - I'm taking like 4 AP classes), Senior Thesis, ACT/SAT again, college apps, etc. First semester senior year is just hectic, that's all I can say. And my parents aren't big fans of me sitting downstairs making paper object, they'd rather me just work ahead ... always work ahead.

Anyway, I looked at all of Link's sweet pictures from DCon in Atlanta, and I finally found two or three pics of the back of his ODST armor, and there's a pretty good shot of the back torso. At least I know there's some good references out there. Just don't expect any models soon. As my friend (Heavygunner, I think?) would say, "Life first, forum second.

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who worked so hard on this. I don't use Pep for design yet but I am very impressed with the work you guys do. My son wants an ODST for Halloween, so I gotta get hoppin'.

Im sure by now youve all seen the 'we are ODST' video and first off, AMAZING! Now, if you watch this in HD you may notice somthing, the shoulders are basicly BACKPACK STRAPS. Yep, look really cose.

[attachment=11938:00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.jpg]

[attachment=11939:000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.jpg]

So I have to say when i did finally see "We are ODST" I nearly cried haha

It was gorgeous and like everything that has been said so far is right I think they should have

an ODST movie instead.

but also I noticed that the backpack was a lot smaller unlike the one we have here

Would anyone perhaps like to remodel it? I really do wanna find a better version of it

well to those who loved the we are odst vid. me an my friend are making a series that in the end will have a good storyline and great graphics!

IroniumCostuming said:
well to those who loved the we are odst vid. me an my friend are making a series that in the end will have a good storyline and great graphics!

I will be looking forward to it If you can make it good like We are ODST then you will have a cult fan following quickly

has any one pepped the sniper goggles,ive looked through this thread cuz i thought someone posted pics but coulndt find it,im just wondering how u scaled them to fix ur helm

and nightshade do u need any ref pics for the sniper plate for the shoulder,ill try to get some good ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back