"Help!" for: Armor Mounting / Costume Assembling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noob Question: I've been searching Grand & Toy aswell as Staples here in Canada....is there another name for Card Stock? I find the stuff for making business cards, but not 8 1/2"x11" and titled Card Stock. I'm trying to plan in advance before getting into the nitty gritty, cursing and swearing as I painfully start my venture on making my 1st set of Halo Armor. Figured Next month is a good time to start to be able to finish the suit by May next year.
It looks like you Canadians call it card stock also:
http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=&webid=490887&affixedcode=WW

This is a reply to Rheiner's question:

First, looks like you found the thread, uhm, as I said before I'm not an expert. First, they do, if you look up any reference pictures of the Chief or any of the other permutations the attachments just sit on top of them, take a look through here and see what I mean. http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/References

Really hope this is what you're looking for.

Knight

About permutations: Chest permutations can usually sit right on top of the torso piece, but shoulders are a different story. Sometimes the shoulder permutations can sit on top of the original pauldrons, but not always. Example: The EVA permutation will reveal some of the Mark VI pauldron, while the Security permutation obviously won't. However, if you do add permutations on top of the shoulders, the original pauldrons still may need to be trimmed to provide a good fit for the new addition.

About permutations: Chest permutations can usually sit right on top of the torso piece, but shoulders are a different story. Sometimes the shoulder permutations can sit on top of the original pauldrons, but not always. Example: The EVA permutation will reveal some of the Mark VI pauldron, while the Security permutation obviously won't. However, if you do add permutations on top of the shoulders, the original pauldrons still may need to be trimmed to provide a good fit for the new addition.

There is a shoulder file that does not include the top portion. The file is here...

http://www.4shared.com/file/jbutEceI/Mark_VI_Right_Bicep_No_Shoulde.html

It's found in the Halo Pepakura Wiki website. It is a low def file, but there is enough detail present to make a decent model. The only thing you need to figure out is how to attach the permutation shoulders to the base shoulder.

The point I was making is that sometimes, the pauldrons themselves can be used as support for the shoulder permutations. I have seen this be successfully executed, but only with some shoulder pieces.

Hello, everyone, I was just wondering where people would purchase a visor for a MARK VI helmet, because I am not sure if there is a certain recommendation for that helmet specifically, but if there is, please tell, thank you!

Oh and there is a problem with the two HD 2 Piece boots for peppakura, if anyone would have a link for those that works, please just reply with a link! Thank you!

Hello, everyone, I was just wondering where people would purchase a visor for a MARK VI helmet, because I am not sure if there is a certain recommendation for that helmet specifically, but if there is, please tell, thank you!

The visor most people use is the HJC style motorcycle helmet replacement visor. There are TONS of places online to purchase them. Here is one link...

HJC Visor

It's a decent price, but shop around a bit. Amazon is a great place to find good prices on them.

Just wondering in your personal opinion if the HJC visors you're talking about would be fine for a Noble 6 helmet?

Seth

I used the same type of visor for my Carter helmet that I did for my Mk VI helmet. I've seen someone have some issues with how narrow the visor location is in the N6 helmet, but it should still work. The visors have a decent amount of flexure and can fit into some narrow spaces.

Alright thanks, I'll try to find one online, I've got my helmet pepped, my resin, fiberglass, and bondo ordered, which should be coming within the week, so I was looking for the best type. Thanks once again guys.

Seth

Hello, again people! I was wondering if anyone knew where to find a good pair of gloves for cheap that would be most accurate to gloves for a spartan. I was thinking something that would be thin and flexible for it! Thank you!

Hello,again, I am in fast need of finding where to find gloves and boots for a MARK VI armor build, If anyone has gloves and/or boots that they used for their build, and still know where to get them, just link me to the website that I could purchase them from! Thanks.

the boots... you should be able to get some black workboots from walmart that's what I'm using. Also if you want top notch buy these gloves not bad for 13 bucks. if not get mechanix and paint them and spend more money on half notch than top notch like I did. :) Gloves

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That was faster than I expected, thank you for that, I really appreciate it! And the gloves look beautiful, I freakin' love them! Perfect, Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back