"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
When measuring your head for the helmet, are you measuring around you face (nose to top) of from a side view? they give you 2 very different measurements.

Hi 405th! Here's a picture of my MK VI ROBOGENESIS helmet...
ethanjevvell

So very clearly, I have no idea how to add proper supports to this thing. I would REALLY, REALLY hate to see this thing warp beyond repair after all the pepping it took to get here. If anyone has a method that could guarantee no warpage, I'd be happy to hear it. Thanks!

When measuring your head for the helmet, are you measuring around you face (nose to top) of from a side view? they give you 2 very different measurements.

It depends on what you want to scale by.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-and-More-Tutorial

I'd say overall "top of chin to top of head, AND ear to ear" DIAMETER, don't do circumference (wrapping the tape around your head) because that won't help at all. You want height and width because some helmets might be more narrow, or you might have a fat or tall head, and you have to make sure both constraints fit your head.

It depends on what you want to scale by.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-and-More-Tutorial

I'd say overall "top of chin to top of head, AND ear to ear" DIAMETER, don't do circumference (wrapping the tape around your head) because that won't help at all. You want height and width because some helmets might be more narrow, or you might have a fat or tall head, and you have to make sure both constraints fit your head.

I used halogoddess tutorial. her depiction of measuring your head was a little vague on where to measure, weather you should go chin, across you face and nose to the top of your head, or weather to do a peripheral measurement from chin to top.

The flewible cutting board that I use for pepakura blade cutting has grid lines on it that are exactly 10mm apart forming 10mm x 10mm squares. I just put that on the floor and take a photo of myself with my head on it and then count the squares in the picture. It does ok for me.

But on the subject of measuring helmets. I plan to make a Daedric helm from Skyrim. Any suggestions on how to measure that puppy? There is a skyrim thread on here somewhere which is where i got the pep file from in the first place.....

I used halogoddess tutorial. her depiction of measuring your head was a little vague on where to measure, weather you should go chin, across you face and nose to the top of your head, or weather to do a peripheral measurement from chin to top.

Diametric measuring.
headmeasure.jpg

How do I edit the flap size? I'm unfolding a model, and I've scaled it to the correct size, and now the flaps are enormous, each one being several inches. I can't seem to find the size in any menus, only the angle.

Edit: Found it, 2D Menu -> Edit Mode -> Edit Flap change size then click apply to all.

I am looking at certain chest pieces, and I notice they don't have back pieces...WTF? I can seem to find the patterns for them (CQB, EOD, EVA), what am I Supposed to do?

Also, does anyone have the pattern for the Rogue chest and back, another one I can't seem to find.

How do I edit the flap size? I'm unfolding a model, and I've scaled it to the correct size, and now the flaps are enormous, each one being several inches. I can't seem to find the size in any menus, only the angle.

Edit: Found it, 2D Menu -> Edit Mode -> Edit Flap change size then click apply to all.

In pep, try unfolding/folding the edges a little better. (hard method)

If that is a bit complex/vague, try cutting the flap edges off? (easy method?)

I am looking at certain chest pieces, and I notice they don't have back pieces...WTF? I can seem to find the patterns for them (CQB, EOD, EVA), what am I Supposed to do?

Also, does anyone have the pattern for the Rogue chest and back, another one I can't seem to find.

If you're talking about the Halo 3 variant chest pieces, then what you are looking at are simply add-ons meant to be attached to a completed MK VI torso. And, there was never a rogue chest in H3. Hope this helps.

If you're talking about the Halo 3 variant chest pieces, then what you are looking at are simply add-ons meant to be attached to a completed MK VI torso. And, there was never a rogue chest in H3. Hope this helps.

I am actually looking for more Reach Variants, I'm so vain I am modeling it after my own Reach Spartan. But I did figure out what piece i was looking for. I appreciate you response!!!

Method #3 in that thread should say: This method only works for Robogenesis' Mk VI files. That's why its not working for Flying Squirrel's model.

You should use HaloGoddess' scaling method for the Flying Squirrel models:

You should end up with a height somewhere between 270mm and 320mm depending on how big your head is. Don't forget to add a centimeter or so to the final size to allow for padding and hardening.

Oooh ok gotcha. Thank you so much!!

I am actually looking for more Reach Variants, I'm so vain I am modeling it after my own Reach Spartan. But I did figure out what piece i was looking for. I appreciate you response!!!

Ok, glad to hear that you found what you were looking for. I was just going to add that it's pretty much the same for Reach variants (attach to a standard chest).

When ever i want to scale something to fit me one of the pieces always gets cut off, for example a large piece got cut in half so one half is on a sheet and the other half is on another is that suppose to happen?

When ever i scale something to fit me such as a helmet, one of the pieces always gets cut into 2, for example if theres a large piece, half of it will be on 1 sheet and the other half will be on another sheet, is that suppose nto happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back