JUSTINIAN 117's MARK V BUILD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Lonekiller.

I was able to cut out the detail from plastic today:
100_1267.jpg

Then I used a torch to bend the pieces to the right shape, and then glued them to the thighs. Here it is with primer:
100_1269.jpg

I plan on filling in the rest with bondo. Hope to get it finished soon.

Well, we had our baby boy.

Labor was very tiring for me:
photo3.jpg

James Samuel was born on August 4th at 11:45 in the morning.

He is a batman fan, just like me:
photo2.jpg

He also like to play in my office with the noisy cricket:
photo1.jpg

He also wants to be the next Tony Stark:
photo.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from that I have also made some progress on the thighs. I have done most of the shaping with bondo, and here it is with the first coat of primer:
100_1272.jpg

Just a little more detail sanding and and it will be ready for painting.

Thanks guys.

I finally have all the detail sanding done on the thighs here they are in primer:

100_1274.jpg

100_1275.jpg

100_1276.jpg

100_1277.jpg

100_1278.jpg

There are two, but it was easier to take pictures of one.
I hope to have them completely painted by the end of the weekend.

Thanks for looking.

Congratulations on the baby! He looks very good for being less than 2 weeks old! :cool And of course, he's very cute.

Love the detail you've got going on the thighs, they look spectacular. It's very impressive that you're continuing work on this even with a newborn at home!

Keep it up!

Congratulations on the baby! He looks very good for being less than 2 weeks old! :cool And of course, he's very cute.

Love the detail you've got going on the thighs, they look spectacular. It's very impressive that you're continuing work on this even with a newborn at home!

Keep it up!

lol...Spitfire said your thighs are spectacular!

The thighs are finished.

Enjoy:
100_1279.jpg

Inside:
100_1280.jpg

Back:
100_1281.jpg

Back Outside:
100_1282.jpg

Outside:
100_1283.jpg

Lights Detail:
100_1284.jpg

Now just to do the shins, and then the armor will be complete.

Thanks for looking.

At first I didn't follow what you were doing with the detail plastic but now understand. That method has really allowed you to achieve some awesomely clean line work.

Wow, your thigh peice looks amazing, the finish on the paint has a very strong halo reach engine theme.
I'd love to have that look on my own armor but i don't know if i can without using plastics, which i wont be :(.

Congratualtions on the baby!

Glad you guys like them.
Wow, your thigh peice looks amazing, the finish on the paint has a very strong halo reach engine theme.
I'd love to have that look on my own armor but i don't know if i can without using plastics, which i wont be :(.

Congratualtions on the baby!
The plastic was only used to get the edge right. Pretty much the entire surface is bondo, which means anyone could get the same finish. It just requires a lot of sanding, and good paint. Hopefully I will have some progress on the shins later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back