Lobbster's Reach Build

Did a quick suit up while reviewing parade damages among other things and unfortunately this suit will need a lot of work before I am happy with it.
Quick rundown:
  • Codpiece rigging
  • Pocket magnetization updates
  • Seam pops
  • Shoe goo everything
  • Change shoulder mounting system
  • magnetize tacpad
  • update pistol magnetization system
  • keyholes on new undersuit
  • replace fans in helmet
  • apply decals
Plenty of work on the road ahead for this gent, hopefully I'll be able to fix it up to the point where I'm content with the build
20211008_155510.jpg

I have been looking into it more however and I've found that it's very similar to rubber cement so I might need to try both.
Interesting - keep us posted on the results if you end up testing this

My experience with shoe goo vs rubber cement (back in school) might lead me to think that rubber cement won't get quite as hard in the end.

Updated ammo pouch files for printing!

It happened! Finally got to bring this suit to an actual convention and was surprised to see it was in (almost) one piece at the end of the day!
Had a few tears here and there but overall it outperformed my expectations. Goal for next con is to make a new shoulderpad, solder new fans, (potentially) add a new foam abwrap, and cut a bit of material off the bottom of my helmet so I have better movement!
IMG_8892.jpg
IMG_8877.jpg
IMG_8883.jpg
IMG_8889.jpg
IMG_8893.jpg

Howdy y’all I’m back for another update! I’ll do my best to keep it brief.
20220617_142129.jpg

I attended Sci Fi Valley last weekend and wore my suit for 2 of the 3 days (nearly 12 hours straight the one day) and learned a lot! Took home 3rd in the costume contest and field tested my new upgrades!

20220619_195424.jpg

The upgrades:
  • Rewired my helmet fans to 5v battery
  • Built an abwrap (more pictures and detail on that later)
  • New operator shoulderpad replacing UA Security (picture shown is pre weathering)
20220614_221146.jpg

I found out that I have a (nearly) FULL range of mobility in suit, everything from kneeling, sitting, and even laying on the floor are all within possibility. With all that being said…. I still can’t reach my arm across my chest.
received_1697005174010949.jpeg
20220618_182234.jpg

I still have more planned for this suit but at the moment I’m just over the moon it all works this. Thank you all for sticking with my build and I'm always happy to answer any questions for those planning to build their own.
Love y'all,

Lobbster

unknown-67.jpg

P.S: The chest works as a boba shelf!
20220617_144108.jpg

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back