My H3 WIP Helmet (Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronin said:
First of all great work!!! You used D4L smooth helmet ver 1. How did flaten out the high ridges on top? Did you just sand them?
I didn't flatten the top part of the helmet, I just used what was there and just worked around...didn't know anything till you asked the question.

[edit]just noticed that D4FL had that changed on his 2nd smooth helmet...

DoC ByTeS said:
Any plans for a suit?
Of course, I am working on the arms at the moment...will post pics when I am done with em!

iamyourcousin228 said:
Yes i do to like the color. The only thing is that i wish it had battle damage. But it looks great anyways! Can we have inner pics of the inside of the helm?
Ahh...the only thing I have inside is just a liner, but if you want I will post a pic of it!

flying_squirl said:
it looks great! as far as i can see the lines are in the correct places and the only quibble i have is the leds and even at that its a prity minor one.
Yeah that was the hardest thing to work on...went to RadioShack like 10 times looking for some LED's like how MasterChief has...Anyone know where to get those LED's the ones that looks like Bluerelm's Helmet?

shadow8136 said:
hmm..... AWESOME!!!! it looks like u use the "smooth Mark VI"
Yeah, I used D4FL's 1st smooth helmet

LastSpartan said:
Woah! So I might use Metal Glaze too.

Is it easier to detail with or to sand?
In the beginning it was really hard since the glaze tends to run as "Spase" pointed out while working on his helmet, so I started with small sections. But once you understand how the glaze sets, you can actually gain some good amount of stuff to work on and that is how I got the front of the mouthpiece done if you take a look at the pics before and after...

DSCF2298.JPG
DSCF2591.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
CrAzY CH13F said:
wow =] was that done from FSs pep file?
which was?? If you are referring to the last post, I was just showing how I achieved the front mouthpiece by using glaze. The only thing that I used off of FS model was the nose piece. Looking back, I wish I also took the section where the LED's are placed since on FS he has the edge for the LED's...maybe on the next helmet! Wait...FS made a smooth helmet, might just try that one instead!

UPDATE: 02-09-08

Ok...so I wanted to show everyone what I have been up to...didn't know if I should start another thread or not but I figured its on the same topic as to what I have been doing so here goes.

I been redoing my helmet here and there, I didn't like the way that the LED's were going so I added the ones from FS model onto mine and figured I just go with non working LED's. The end result came out to be a bit more pleasing than the first. I also added a new paint scheme and small battle damages.

*****SORRY BUT PICTURES ARE BIG SO THESE ARE LINKS*****

http://www.team-sapc.org/WIP/DSCF2659.JPG
Here is my helmet now

http://www.team-sapc.org/WIP/DSCF2653.JPG

http://www.team-sapc.org/WIP/DSCF2664.JPG

http://www.team-sapc.org/WIP/DSCF2660.JPG

These are all of Robogenisis's files cept the helmet which is D4FL's model with FS parts

Wow the amount of work that you put into this Helmet REALLY shows in the end result!!! If I didn't know that it was Pepakura I probably would've died wondering how you did it :p

I think that we all owe the makers of these files and helmets a HUGE thank you too.

Just a technical question: How are you doing your battle damage, and what is your painting procedure?

I hope the rest of your suit is just as amazing as this (y) (y)

Darkfire said:
Just a technical question: How are you doing your battle damage, and what is your painting procedure?
Actuall, I just watched Adam paint his chest piece on Youtube. The silver accents were the trickery ones to do. So basically I used what he used but just switched the paints around. He used Oregano, I used Colonial Red as the base color.

That is very very impressive work. I'd definitely follow after you and make my own now that I see pepakura can have that kind of result. However, at the present time, any scale of armor would probably not look so good on me. lol. Down the road perhaps.

Again, GREAT WORK!

WetOkole said:
Ok...here is one more pic!

That shirt looks real cool :cool: It's good to see a Halo version of the "Got Armor?" shirt :D

plz oh god plz tell me your molding your suit .

ps. or you Spanish ? if you are then we know why you armor looks so good(Mexicans work harder then we do)

rvb18 said:

ps. or you Spanish ? if you are then we know why you armor looks so good(Mexicans work harder then we do)
WTF??

Anyhow this suit is great so far. I'm glad you updated because I forgot to bookmark this thread.

rvb18 said:

There's so many things wrong in that post, I'm tempted not to even touch it. And yet, I feel compelled

1. He's doing all of this in pepakura

2. Spanish = Mexican

3. To stereotype either of those peoples and then to mix them up, ethnocentric much?

JediStumpy said:
sweet!!!
could we se more of the bicep and forearm ((front view with it on you i mean??)))
great job!!!

I do have some more pics of the bicep and forearm located in post #85...that is where I reposted new pics but if you want...here you go!!

DSCF2653.JPG

DSCF2664.JPG

DSCF2660.JPG

Is that alright with you?? If not let me know on how you want to see the pieces. The pieces are not attached by anthing and just hanging on o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back