Reach ending scene/credits/etc. discussion *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the ending of REACH, is like Inception, it's what you make it out to be... If you notice Noble 6 dodges the blade of the white elite because you can clearly see his shoulder didn't get pinned, and the red elite is going to do the only kill move we can presume and it CUTS out. Leaving you to make the decision. Did you fight the best you could? IF you notice you are fighting a day later in a different area, so you were on another mission after the MAC cannon or helping other spartans and if you notice other spartans are dead in the area, leading you to assume you are really badass and the last one alive, so maybe you do SURVIVE.

but hey, your just MIA ;)

Na....Noble 6 is long dead, sad but true.
The final voice over says it all

• Halsey: (voice-over) "For you had already passed the torch. And because of you, we found Halo, unlocked its secrets, shattered our enemy's resolve. Our victory - your victory - was so close... I wish you could have lived to see it."
  • Halsey: (voice-over) "But you belong to Reach. Your body, your armor - all burned and turned to glass. Everything, except your courage. That, you gave to us. And with it, we can rebuild."

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me how to get a moderator to PM me? email didn't jive. I can't post threads in "universe" but i could a few weeks ago.

Also the ending of REACH, is like Inception, it's what you make it out to be... If you notice Noble 6 dodges the blade of the white elite because you can clearly see his shoulder didn't get pinned, and the red elite is going to do the only kill move we can presume and it CUTS out. Leaving you to make the decision. Did you fight the best you could? IF you notice you are fighting a day later in a different area, so you were on another mission after the MAC cannon or helping other spartans and if you notice other spartans are dead in the area, leading you to assume you are really badass and the last one alive, so maybe you do SURVIVE.

but hey, your just MIA ;)

It's actually the same day, just later that day. ;)
And he fights somewhere down in the valley in Aszod, you can clearly see the Ship Wrecking Yard in the distance on "Lone wolf".

But yes, I believe Noble 6 went down fighting. It just cuts right before the kill (Or perhaps he dodged that one as well, killed all the Elites but died later on due to plasma burns).

Na....Noble 6 is long dead, sad but true.
The final voice over says it all

• Halsey: (voice-over) "For you had already passed the torch. And because of you, we found Halo, unlocked its secrets, shattered our enemy's resolve. Our victory - your victory - was so close... I wish you could have lived to see it."
  • Halsey: (voice-over) "But you belong to Reach. Your body, your armor - all burned and turned to glass. Everything, except your courage. That, you gave to us. And with it, we can rebuild."

Amen, may 6 rest in peace. And may this get it into the heads of all those in denial, that 6 is dead, and that he is in a better place where he can just relax for once in his life. ;)

The voice over doesn't really prove anything. He is MIA, and everyone just assumes KIA (because it's the most likely). No mention of finding a body or anything. And the Covenant clearly didn't glass much more than cities, military bases, and anything remotely strategic. Otherwise, the mountains in the background wouldn't look unchanged, and Six's helmet wouldn't be completely undisturbed, just sitting where it originally fell and with grass growing all around it.

Now, as I've said before, if you want Six to be dead at the end of the game, that's fine. But some of us like to think he might have survived, whether for only a short while longer or maybe for a lot longer. I have yet to see any evidence that would prove whether he really did live or die at the end of that cutscene. Considering all the other near misses he had, it's not hard to believe that last Elite missed him as well.

Make of the ending what you will (which I'm sure is what Bungie intended). Just please don't try to say definitively what the ending is.

And anybody else get the feeling we're gonna get some kind of story about what humanity is doing 70 years after the war with the Covenant?

And anybody else get the feeling we're gonna get some kind of story about what humanity is doing 70 years after the war with the Covenant?

Here's a few things I've thought of after finishing Reach:

1. I think it's Cortana's voice over at the end, not Halsey's, as Halsey comes off harsh and abrupt. Cortana was more soothing and careful. I know Cortana is a copy of Halsey's personality but the differences are obvious comparing them to dialogue earlier in the game.

2. If N6 did live, what happened to him? Did he kill the rest of the elites? Did they capture him for interrogation to try unlock spartan secrets? Did Jun come and save him and picked him up? Does N6 tie into Halo 4? Too many unanswered questions and I KNOW Bungie would have left it this way for these types of discussions to take place.

3. Why did we hear anything about Blue(?) team and John 117 fighting on Reach in the game? I know it's all about Noble team, but at least they could have heard something in-game about other spartans.

4. I personally love the Thom-293 (old N6), so much so I'll going to hopefully soon start my own armor build. My only gripe is that his sacrifice and back-story is non-existant. I wanted to know more about him but information is scarce to say the least.

I think that's it for now :)

I think that when and if halo 4 comes out, we might find out. I would love for the beginning cutscene for chief to be woken up in the cryo bay of a forerunner, reversed engineered, human ship, seeing, Spartan V's or maybe a desendent of Johnson or maybe the Arbiter, or even Arbiter him self. What would suck though is that the Brutes are still ticked off and the flood decide to hide in cave on earth before Halfjaw glased that part of the world and was able to make a Gravemind :/ Or maybe if he isn't found, he might be lucky enough for that ship he is in to fall into the backyard of a human colony on a new planet. Who knows, but yeah, i gota feeling there will be a story.

Well, the whole after-the-war thing is pretty well set for a full story. Between one of the stories in Evolution, and the entire Museum of Humanity thing, there's enough material just waiting to be used, either in the short term later, or the long term. And I eagerly await some novel, or the like, but not a game.

3. Why did we hear anything about Blue(?) team and John 117 fighting on Reach in the game? I know it's all about Noble team, but at least they could have heard something in-game about other spartans.

When Jun asks Carter about Gladuis, Red, and some other team that I've forgotten the name to, Red team is being reffered to as the S-II red team led by Ltjg. Fred-104(promoted to lueitenant at the battle of onyx which is after reach but I forget his rank at the time of reach.)

so we have heard reference to the cannonical spartan-IIs.

also the cannon and Reach fit perfectly......look at the novels, the game timelines, event timelines, the halo wiki, times given in REACH, times and dates given in the novels and you will see that the story fits with the established cannon like a well made rifle

I think that when and if halo 4 comes out, we might find out. I would love for the beginning cutscene for chief to be woken up in the cryo bay of a forerunner, reversed engineered, human ship, seeing, Spartan V's or maybe a desendent of Johnson or maybe the Arbiter, or even Arbiter him self. What would suck though is that the Brutes are still ticked off and the flood decide to hide in cave on earth before Halfjaw glased that part of the world and was able to make a Gravemind :/ Or maybe if he isn't found, he might be lucky enough for that ship he is in to fall into the backyard of a human colony on a new planet. Who knows, but yeah, i gota feeling there will be a story.

i have a feeling the next halo game will either be a remake of the 1st, or a space fighter game... both of which i'm not entirely against..

one things clear though, bungie have not finished the ranks in reach, (kotaku has a huge article on it) and there are alot more armor pieces to unlock
so i doubt microsoft will be making an fps multiplayer shooter for awhile, because it can't really compete with reach..

Ayep. Can't really argue with that.

Also, think about what happened to every other Spartan in the game who knew they were about to die - they always took their bucket off. Think about Carter and Jorge. That's the visual clue to me that 6 knew what was coming. Kat and Emile were both surprised, buckets stayed on. Granted, Emile probably wouldn't have taken it off regardless as he's that kind of sonofa. And, Emile was killed from less damage than 6 would have taken once s/he was surrounded by the Elites with swords. 6 went down fighting to the last breath, but went down nontheless. I'd like to be able to argue otherwise, sure, but I don't see a way.

And as far as Inception.. You can see it however you want to, but that frakkin' coin at the end wobbles. That only means one thing unless the whole movie was a dream and the rules we're given for the world just don't apply at all. xD

I still think that Noble 6's death is really his death...

But because of the respect to his heroic actions and to his role in the battlefield... because of the difference he made, they didn't show how the Elites plug an Energy Sword in his armour. I mean... to keep the memory living of a Heroic person they didn't show his painful and disgusting death...
That would be like seeing some rock-star singing Christmas Carols in a Toy-store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back