Spartan 94 W.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is looking pretty great! What kind of color scheme are you thinking? Keep it up, your work is lookin pretty awesome!

Well my initial plan was to do primary in white and secondary in cobalt blue but I cannot find any cans of cobalt blue paint anywhere near me, I will either need to order one online or pick a new color.

So heres a small update. Last night there was a show on talking about Dragon con and how AWESOME it is. This killed my hatred for pepping and I am almost finished with the right thigh, I got enough done to test it and it seems like a good fit. The weather is cold and rainy so using any chemicals is out for awhile even though my helmet is crying to be finished. Almost forgot to add in my question for you guys. Do you think I should redo the chest piece so it will be a better fit or no, if I leave it as is then there will be a gap between the cut pieces. Im leaning towards a new chest.

DSCF0703.jpg

What exactly is wrong with the fit of the chest piece?

For what it's worth, unless you don't plan on Bondo-ing the chest, I would wait to split it until after all the finishing work is done. I plan on splitting mine only until I'm pretty much ready for paint, to ensure that the ends of the cuts line up and fit together still.

Of course, it's kind of a risk since I never really got a chance to test fit the chest piece, so it better fit right because it will almost be finished. However, if you do decide to remake it, you'll know exactly how to scale it right based on the old one.

Good luck!

Well the size is a bit small, if you compare it to another one then you can see that its not covering as much as it should. And it doesn't connect to both pieces. I did resin the chest so there wouldn't be any warping after I cut it so connecting the pieces is fine but it just doesn't really look right. I re measured and have the file open right now so I may re do it right after I finish this thigh which has one piece left to add.

Once you chest piece is hardened and the weight of bondo and everything else, if its to small it will push into your rib cage, and its just uncomfortable, I would just redo it, this happened to me, its better to redo it before you do all of the body work, only to end up with a piece your not happy with and have to do it over again, and here is a link to the same chest you built, its just a smoother version and its easier to build imo and smoother means less bondo work http://www.4shared.com/file/97340246/768dc7e1/MKVI_Chest_ROBOGENESIS_Unfolded_by_MrOreo123.html anyways good luck with your build

Thanks you guys, and gal. That file looks SOOO much better and easier then the one I did. I know what Ill be pepping next after the left thigh is finished. So as for todays update. I managed to get outside to do some more work with my holy chemicals, I added more bondo to the helmet to smooth it out and it looks a lot better, I also glassed the outside of the shoulder so I can test fit it. I don't have any pics yet cause I want to paint a base onto the helmet but somehow I lost the primer can so I will be buying another today. I also burned my hands with the hottest of water to make sure they were clean, it didn't hurt that much :) . So heres a list of the progress minus the chest piece.

Helmet: Pepped, glassed, bondo, partially painted.
COD: Pepped, partially glasses.
Right Shoulder: Pepped, partially glassed.
Right Thigh: Pepped
Left Thigh: Printed

Todays update. I painted my helmet its new color scheme, at least until I can find the cobalt blue I need. I glassed the outside of the right thigh, somehow the glue connecting support beam disolved and one of the tabs as well, no big deal though. I printed out the new chest and the smooth recon helmet to see the difference between the helmet Im working with and how well I can pep the new one. No pictures yet cause the pieces are slowly drying and losing the fumes in my "fume room". It's my bathroom with the window open, fan on the highest setting, and the door shut without any gaps.

Helmet: Painted
Chest: Printed
Cod: Partially glassed
R. Shoulder: Partially glassed
R. Thigh: Partially glassed
L. Thigh: Printed
New Helmet: Printed

So heres a triple post but its ok! Because its an update! It's also the best update I can give right now since my camera has no battery life and the other one doesn't have the cord... So coming from my poor phone camera a few pics!

SSPX0003-1.jpg

My new helmet, I gave the one I was going to use a neato paint job to compensate. Pics of that coming soon.

SSPX0004.jpg

SSPX0005.jpg

My new and a lot better chest piece, thanks for the smooth version!

So my new helmets being pepped, my chest piece needs glassed, my cod piece I'm thinking about resising, and my right shoulder needs to be glassed some more.

That upper looks nice, You should've tried Faom, lol. But still it's looking sweet. Hope you got your sizes right.

Thank you! Now I can post an update without feeling bad, no four posts in a row streak anymore. I spent hours pepping my helmet until I finished at 3 in the morning with burned fingers and a tired mind but I did it.
DSCF0720.jpg

DSCF0721.jpg

DSCF0722.jpg

Heres a good picture of my chest piece.
DSCF0724.jpg

And a picture of my chinchilla.
DSCF0723.jpg

Great job man the helmet looks really good, also I see you used the smooth chest, It looks like it turned out really nice, keep up the great job

Finally have my internet back! Except the router in my room isn't compatible to the new modem so I'm connected directly into the modem from a very long ethernet cable... Well last night I wanted to work on my armor but I got so tired of pepping, the little pieces are so annoying and boring SO I built this.

Using one layer from a sliced file, a few hot glue sticks, a few boxes that I wasn't going to use, and several hours I made my baby.

002-5.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

0052.jpg

It isn't an exact copy but for a first time making a weapon like this Id say its pretty darn pretty. The pictures are bad and the last one shows how big it is when I hold it.

Time for an update. I haven't made much progress since my supplies are low, budget dried up, and I still hate pepping. Ive cut a few more parts out for my forearm and its nearly finished, just some small pieces to attach which will be a pain to do. I managed to get some resin on my helmet, I covered a good amount too. Sadly I used my last brush so I can't put anymore on it or my chest piece. I also gave my AR a paint job, one sides finished but I ran out of black spray paint somehow. I'll put a pic of it in here tomorrow. Here's what my helmet looks like right now. Sadly there was some warping but not much to really notice. The main features are still ok.
002-6.jpg

Well I was waiting to update the thread until I made progress with the build. I did that mainly to try and get more people post in it so I can stop double posting updates.... Well either way here's what I got for you today. My forearm is practically done, I just need to attach two more pieces on the bottom and work on make some of the folds work. I glassed my helmet a few days ago, only the outside for now, and today I brought on the bondo but just a little so I don't screw up like last time... So here's those pictures and I'm going to update the first post with the most recent photo of the helmet to draw attention and what not :) .

005.jpg

007-1.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

To protect myself from moderators getting mad for posting this many times in a row I will edit any updates into this post here, at least until someone else makes a reply to give me some update space. I'll probably hold off any posting for a bit to save room and what not.

I like it I see what you meant about the post thing, Glad i'm not the only one! I like what you got done, and Redoing pieces its fun huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back