Special Invite

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have quite a few people coming but more is always better. We have Drakku (Caitlin) witrh 3 other fine guests, Electric Jay spoke of "we're" so I assume at least one guest, Privateer (Charlie) and teh CEO are coming, M07Marauder (Richard Gilbert ) will be here, and last but not least Malechei (Miles) will be here as well. LeeKegan (Lee) wants to be here but due to reasons could not make it BUT he is sending something my way which I will display to those coming first and then I will post it on the forum....You are all going to love, I know I will. Lee I really wanted to thank you and allow the members of the forum to understand what kind of man you are. You are a great man. I was talking to Adam the other night while working on the Busa and I need to sincerely thank him. I have met so many great people on here. I have been blessed to get the oportunity to meet some of you but just because we have not met does not mean I don't think you are the greatest. There are a few on here I consider close friends already and look forward to making more.

Ithica

405th is an amazing group, we all have each other's backs :D .

Now let's knock this back up to see if some new people will check it out :lol: .

Yeah, sorry. By "we" I meant me and the fiancee and our kids. My son (he's almost 12) will be working on his armor too, and my betrothed and her daughter will just be watching us geek out.

M07Marauder said:
405th is an amazing group, we all have each other's backs :D .

Now let's knock this back up to see if some new people will check it out :lol: .
(y)

For those of you not within driving distance, you should join via webcam. If you don't have one you can get one cheap. I've seen decent ones (with built in mics) from around $10-$20, depending on where you look. As for stickam takes all of 5 seconds to make an account. It'll be fun and depending on how this works out we could have these get togethers periodically and everyone can participate (via the internet).

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay they are all very much welcome. I think it will be cool to be working on your sons armor as well.

Kaya Tetsu That would be cool to. Alot of what happens is hands on and probably alot of moving around. So I hope people can find time for cam chat as well.

Ithica

I hope so too. I'll probably be working on some size testers for pep so I'll be working too,but I can work at my desk, I just have to remember to clean my desk before this little get together. It should be a blast, even if everyone is really busy. My stand for my webcam broke (again) so I'm working on a way to get it to stay on top of my monitor and I think I've got it. :)

(Also I think this topic deserves a little nudge to the top. What do ya say?)

I would love to do this over school vacation, just two things.
One, I live in Massachusetts.
Two, I don't have Stickam and doubt that my parents would let me do a video feed.

Care to help?

Arbiter452 said:
I would love to do this over school vacation, just two things.
One, I live in Massachusetts.
Two, I don't have Stickam and doubt that my parents would let me do a video feed.

Care to help?
Well stickam takes all of a minute to get an account. I didn't have one either so I made one almost as soon as I saw others were gonna do that. As for the parent thing... you'll have to figure it out on your own. My parents basically give me free reign,because though I've given them a scare or two they find out I've done my homework and I'm using my head. Though I don't know how they'll like the feed thing either, if one of em comes in and asks me who I'm talking to I'll tell them the truth. 'Its a 405th pep (or build)night, everyones hanging out and working on their projects'. But everyone's parents are different so that might not be best for you. Plus I'm almost an adult so I can get away with some stuff more easily.

You could just mention it casually to them or have a hypothetical conversation with them. You know you're parents best so its up to you to decide the best way to find out how they feel (without getting yelled at about internet safety etc).

Ah, man. This sounds like it'd be lots of fun, but unfortunately, I don't think my 'ride' would allow me to drive that far a distance for somebody they don't know. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit till I can chill with you guys. :)

Some people coming may have molds and some may not so here is what we can do. Of course we will be doing pep so you can possibly pep as trade. Also if you want you can bring the following so we can have a variety of things to do.

These are options, not required.
Fiberglass
Resin
Bondo
Paint Brushes
Smooth Cast 300/320
Dragon Skin or Rebound 25
Oil Base Clay
Water Base Clay
Plati-Paste II
Plastic Cups for mixing or Little Buckets
Rubber Gloves

I would like people coming to bring whatever they have completed or they are working on so you can show off your work. Also I would like those who have completed suits to bring them as well. We can do vids and a photoshoot so bring your camera as well. I will have at least one suit to share by then. If there is anything else you can think of just post it. The reason for the list is so if you want to learn how to resin and fiberglass a piece someone can show you or maybe person 1 wants a helmet cast and person 2 wants a pepped chest plate...there you go you have a trade.....

I'll see what I can pull off Ithica, I'm trying to nail down the dates of some of my final exams before going back up north for the summer. If I can make it i'll let you know. I'm in the College Station/Bryan area and can pick up a few people along the way.

As far as suits go, I've got the Mk. VI suit and one of Walter's Marine suits, and am current working on a beam rifle pep. So hypothetically if I was able to come I'd be able to furnish myself and one other person without a suit for photos and such.

I did speak to my parents, and they said as long as you couldn't see my face, they're okay with it.
of course I would love to bring along my own peps and resin them, but I can't, because of the distance.

Also, the vacation is the best date for me (Apr. 24-26)
and I don't see how you could view my peps if I turned off my camera.

Arbiter452 said:
I did speak to my parents, and they said as long as you couldn't see my face, they're okay with it.
of course I would love to bring along my own peps and resin them, but I can't, because of the distance.

Also, the vacation is the best date for me (Apr. 24-26)
and I don't see how you could view my peps if I turned off my camera.
Have a you pepped a helmet yet?

I am going to buy a Gallon of Smoothcast 300 so if anyone who is new wants a cast could letting them use my Smoothcast count as a trade? Sharing could work right?

That and I may bring some resin, just depends on how much of my check has to get spent :D .

I'd love to come, but just paid out 1,200 to the goverment for taxes, yeah! so I'm broke, maybe if I get a internet connection out where I live I could join up via webcam.

Jason 'Biff' H Itt would be great if you could make it. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Arbiter452 parent's do know best and I respect their desiscion. That's me speaking as a parent.

M07Marauder yes that could be considered a trade. Sharing always works.

timecon that sucks. Gov hit you pretty hard. Did the problem get fixed so this won't happen again?

Ithica

well stickam is really easy to use, and its free, if you have an account my username is G16zz (my GT too) and if we have a specific date, we can have a pretty nice chat room goin on with some video feeds. I will dust off the cutting board to chat with you guys, i'll even host the room.

hahaha we cant all be in texas, so we just improvised!

Alright, I finally got my webcam up and running, so unless Ithica bars me from connecting to his internet, I'll be able to have a live stream on Stickam going while we're at the special Pep weekend. So, if you have Stickam, add me... my screen name is Malechei (weird, i know). If you don't have Stickam, get it, and then add me. And for those of you that can't be with us in person, this will do.

And Arbiter452, you'll be able to chat with us without turning on a cam, so your parents shouldn't have a problem with it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back