SubXzeroXhero

New Member
Alright! so not to ignore this build thread its time for some updates. I kind of went off the radar while trying to get as close to finished for summercon. Still plenty to do but got some good results so far.

Fist thing is first, I coated all the parts with Rustolium LeakSeal. It is similar to plastidip but it goes on thicker and requires less coats. I will say that I also went through about 9 cans of it. Some parts required a double coat to remove lines and such from the foam.

PXL_20220527_111029554.jpg
PXL_20220601_101452173.jpg


Later in the build i ended up using a product called Flexbond that was watered down. It is something that you brush on but also has self leveling properties to smooth itself out. I reduced this with some water and it helped mask some of the more porous sections were the rubber coating didnt want to cooperate
.
PXL_20220616_034744620.jpg
 

SubXzeroXhero

New Member
I decided to use a pistol belt to hold all the hip hardware and attach each of the pieces with elastics and it worked perfectly! I have a few details i would like to add but I will have to add them later, particularly the small silver buckles below the hip plates.
PXL_20220530_235555902.jpg
PXL_20220616_034901612.jpg
PXL_20220530_235607416.jpg
PXL_20220616_034919562_2.jpg
PXL_20220616_035436952_2.jpg
PXL_20220607_044122484.jpg


I also used this to attach the Thigh pieces and ran the strap underneath the hip plate. The shin was held in place with some foam i added to the inside of the shin along with the material of the boot when i put that on. I attached the knee plate to the shin and added an elastic strap to hold it in place. I do think that i will replace these at some point because looking at the references they should be a bit bigger.
PXL_20220622_023417134.jpg
PXL_20220622_023425858.jpg


Here is what it looked like all together. thank you pipninja for taking the photos.
PXL_20220617_043136621.jpg
PXL_20220617_043144640.jpg
PXL_20220617_043139784.jpg
 

SubXzeroXhero

New Member
used E6000 to attach the caps to the boot and I also added the strapping details with the buckles as well. This part was tricky since I had to carefully clamp the parts on while they dried.

PXL_20220622_023214589.jpg
PXL_20220622_023232272.jpg


I used my cricut to cut out stensils I designed in maker for the chest plate and the shoulder plates.
PXL_20220617_204226518.jpg
PXL_20220617_223143155.jpg
PXL_20220617_163729366.jpg


Strap details for the thighs.
PXL_20220622_023029384.jpg
PXL_20220622_023035667.jpg


I attached the bicep pieces to an elastic strap that goes around my arm and positioned it so it will fall into place.
PXL_20220622_023113981.jpg
PXL_20220622_023121634.jpg


Added finger loops to the glove covers that match to the fingerless gloves I picked up that way the knuckle guards follow with the hand.
PXL_20220622_024016014.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220622_024025140.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220622_024149367.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220622_024201402.PORTRAIT.jpg


Attached all the plates to the main chest rig and added the details along with the shoulder straps to attach to the shoulder pauldrons.
PXL_20220622_024308392.jpg
PXL_20220622_024313393.jpg
PXL_20220622_024320603.jpg
 

SubXzeroXhero

New Member
So This past weekend was Summercon and I took what i had completed to kit up. This is not what i would consider complete but it was passible for the weekend. I'm still proud of what i got done so far but there is much more to do. Just wanted to show how the fit was turning out.

Thank you Lukavago for taking the photo!
20220618_165610.jpg


What is next for the build... when i tried to apply a base layer to the helmet the paint seemed to scrape off with just a touch of my fingernail and that is with a top coat added to it. My guess is that because I left the helmet out in the garage for so long that some sort of oily residue was on the surface that prevented the paint from adhering properly. I will sand it down again and apply a fresh coat. On the bright side this gives me a chance to layer the helmet with a gunmetal color and then add some paint mask for some weathering details.
PXL_20220623_012745497.jpg
PXL_20220623_012734439.jpg


Still have to finish the flash bangs as well along with building the hardcase backpack. The question will be if I want to 3d print it or continue with foam for the backpack as well. I would also like to make another spine protector once i figure out the scaling for that one. Eventually I may also go back and edit the undershirt and try for new sleeves that have the underarm detail on it. For now i think the BDU with the neck seal works just fine. may also add some foam to the helmet opening.

Finally there are some drop pouches and strap details that i would like to add to the shins and thighs along with resizing the knees.

Lastly the details on the thighs and the forearms should be urban camo to be accurate but I'm considering keeping it the colors that it is at the moment.
 

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Top