Ultimate Airsoft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sierra092 said:
At the moment I mainly do field smirkishes but I think I'm going cqb often soon.

I heard the built in scope on the rail isn't that good? Maybe and sl-8 rail with a different Acog might be good?

I have an Sl8 with a C-rail on it, I also had a K with the C-rail on it. That's all you really have to do. And the SL8 is too big for cqb, its meant to be a DMR.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ LastSpartan, you may have already answered this, but what compelled you to buy the JG version? I'm looking into an S-system myself, and I'm torn between the DBoys and A&K, anything else and I'm either out of my price range or chronoing too high for my local field. Which would you suggest?

Simply because I had the choice between a 300$ JG and a 500$ KWA.

I'm still not really familliar with airsoft so you should ask S117x about it.

I personally love the JG, and I prefer paying 300$ and upgrading to my needs than paying 500$.

And I really love the look of the M4 S. Between the JG, KWA, TM and all other brands, it's pretty much either full metal, or plastic. Depends on your needs. I needed a strong weapon, cuz I'm hard with my stuff. As for internals, I'm too "new" to the sport to really give a useful opinion. But it does look kickass :)

And as for chronoing too high, changing the spring is cheap. The rules here are 350 for Indoors, and 400 for outdoors. Mine is maybe a bit too hot to my taste as it was chrono'd at 392 at the store I bought it at. Once the spring gets a bit more used, I'll know what's my real fps.

Ya, they have a 400 limit at my field for AEGs, and the brands you named can get a little too high for that. Pretty much all S-systems are upgradable from what I've gathered, so I'm not too worried if I ever want to up the fps on whichever one I get. Seeing that both the A&K and DBoys both advertise at around 330-360, I like the idea of one of those, plus the $150ish price tag. I have read some reviews saying their fps is actually lower, like in the 290 range. Anyone have any input about this?

Airsoft is banned in Oz for some reason.. and yet paintballing is not.?

Whatever, all your guns look good... What i reckon would be fun (if not painful) would be getting hold of some real weapons and loading them with the rubber training bullets... with proper protective gear... But as basically any weapon here is illegal not possible...

Oh well... Screw Aussie governent for taking all our fun away... What pisses me off is that they go and say that kids are just sitting inside playing video games and that we should be outside doing things like they were when they were kids, little do they realise everything they once did is now damnably illegal!

Consider yourselves lucky with your airsoft... :D .

Cheers, Dave.

Edit: Mind you i have never tried airsoft so i dunno what thats like...

Honestly, I don't keep up with clones much, but I've heard better input from A&K, and I've heard they've picked up their game quite a bit. If I were to get one, thats what I'd get, but be careful, it might need some more fine tuning. (But any clone you get will). All AEGs are upgradeable (with a few exceptions)Doesn't matter the model really, as all armalites are going to have a Version 2 gearbox. And I've heard of A&K being quite high in FPS, but they might have changed that, but it wouldn't be too hard to put in a new spring, just make sure the parts in the gearbox can handle it.

And caliber, you mentioned proper gear, but rubber bullets are designed to stop rioters, aka it can break bones if hit right. A good alternative, although I know you can't play with em since you're over there. Is simunition, look it up. Its basically real guns with conversion kits to make it shoot little paint "caps". It still hurts as its shotting around 700fps but its not too bad. Thats about as real as you can get for simulation, but I'm not sure if its attainable to civilians in the US. I just play with them when the cops do, but they are fun.

Ok, in relation to my previous posts, I decided to go with the new Dboys version, primarily due to the metal body. The A&K model's body was only made out of ABS. I'm thinking about upgrading the battery to a 9.6v though, since I've read that the one that comes with the guns sucks, but I'll decide when I get it and have put a few thousand rounds through. I can't wait! I got it from the site in the link, along with a free pistol and free shipping! Woot! :D

@Spartan117

Woah, that looks pretty kool... thanks for the redirection... :D... Lo and behoold they're not legal in Oz... God Dam it...

Cheers, Dave...

Hey I have a quick question for anyone experienced with the internals of an M4 AEG. I currently have a JG M4A1 Enhanced Version. Now I was wondering if there is anyway aside from getting a new spring or using heavier BB's to decrease the FPS? I took it today to use in an airsoft game but I was told I could not when I chronoed it and it was shooting 412 FPS average. I have another game comming up pretty soon and I highly doubt I can get another spring before then so I was wondering if there's anyway to decrease the FPS? I had to use pistol only in today's game because I couldn't use my M4.

@ SpArtan-270 I found these, not sure how well they work or even how they work, but they sound like a good alternative to destroying your gun's interiors.

SpArtan-270 said:
Hey I have a quick question for anyone experienced with the internals of an M4 AEG. I currently have a JG M4A1 Enhanced Version. Now I was wondering if there is anyway aside from getting a new spring or using heavier BB's to decrease the FPS? I took it today to use in an airsoft game but I was told I could not when I chronoed it and it was shooting 412 FPS average. I have another game comming up pretty soon and I highly doubt I can get another spring before then so I was wondering if there's anyway to decrease the FPS? I had to use pistol only in today's game because I couldn't use my M4.

Using Heavier BBs won't help. As chrono-ing is normally done only with .20s.

And yeah, changing the spring is pretty much the only thing. I think there is a velocity reducer, acting like a silencer in the end of your barrel, but I don't if it works.

okay forum i need some help on a descition, i personally are fine with both of thease, so i need some help with the descition making on thease rifles

//Jeremy

DevilFish101 said:
i noticed when i actually took a picture of all my gear, i didnt actually get a close up of my M4 lol and that is the one i use the most so...

dscn4564.jpg

//Jeremy

You win this round!

i also have a question my G-36c is shooting way to the left and when i try to adjust the hop up it just shoots further up or down. Any suggestions?

Dusty said:
You win this round!

i also have a question my G-36c is shooting way to the left and when i try to adjust the hop up it just shoots further up or down. Any suggestions?

Adjust your sights...

LastSpartan said:
Adjust your sights...

already did( i have them moved as far as they can go left) it still shoots to the left, but i just took it apart and messed with it. hopefully this will fix the issue

Dusty said:
already did( i have them moved as far as they can go left) it still shoots to the left, but i just took it apart and messed with it. hopefully this will fix the issue

try geting some optics

//Jeremy

I'll try to cover everything

Dusty: Fix your hopup, get a new bucking set if needed, it might be torn or misplaced. Thats my guess.

Devil Fish, get the VSR Clone, theres a lot more upgrades for it, assuming it really is a VSR clone.

Spartan270, gotta change your spring sorry. Velocity reducers don't work (except for the first few shots on semi auto, after that no) but most places you go, people will hate you for it because it is cheating as it won't stay a low velocity for long. Most places don't even allow em. Theres a new crawler barrel out, but I haven't heard much about em, if they do work that would be great but not sure. And i'm not sure if they're released, if you want to take a look, madbull makes em.

Spartan117x said:
I'll try to cover everything

Dusty: Fix your hopup, get a new bucking set if needed, it might be torn or misplaced. Thats my guess.

Devil Fish, get the VSR Clone, theres a lot more upgrades for it, assuming it really is a VSR clone.

Spartan270, gotta change your spring sorry. Velocity reducers don't work (except for the first few shots on semi auto, after that no) but most places you go, people will hate you for it because it is cheating as it won't stay a low velocity for long. Most places don't even allow em. Theres a new crawler barrel out, but I haven't heard much about em, if they do work that would be great but not sure. And i'm not sure if they're released, if you want to take a look, madbull makes em.

Yeah, I thought I would have to. So today I went down to Evike and gave them my gun to have a new spring installed. I'm getting a Matrix PDI M113 Irregular Pitch spring. I should be able to pick it up in a week or so. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back