What's YOUR irrational fear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deepest darkest irrational fear? Being stranded out in a large expansive wide space.
Not like in the middle of a field or anything daft like that :p
More the idea of being dumped in the middle of an ocean where all you can see around you is water, or just in the middle of space. Basically being put somewhere with no bearing on my relative position. I just dread the thought. Like in that film where those divers who get left behind.
That would well and truely suck :/

- X.

I have to ask... What is wrong with you people?!?! Eating spiders?!?! I can't step on one alone eat one, and those linked pictures freaked me out, especially that giant thing on the trash can, as soon as I saw the size I closed the tab.

i have an associative phobia of needles. my ex girlfriend would always describe getting shots and stuff and i would almost punch her... that sounds terrible but i hate them.

I have to ask... What is wrong with you people?!?! Eating spiders?!?! I can't step on one alone eat one, and those linked pictures freaked me out, especially that giant thing on the trash can, as soon as I saw the size I closed the tab.

Ah Hahahaha! While I agree whole-heartedly with you about the eating part... That giant thing was a CRAB!!! NOT a spider!! Lol. You don't have a problem eating crabs and lobsters, do you? :p

A co-worker and I were talking at work (nyc subway tunnels) about this and as we were walking thorugh an especially dark section, he brought up zombies. As if on cue I started shivering, and began imagining what I would do if all of the sudden the shadows started crawling with undead activity.
Same with me I'm afraid of a mass zombie apocalypse across the world. I guess it's because I watch the walking dead, 28 days later, those types of stuff. I'm afraid of spiders too and roaches, especially the giant ones that fly.

My real fear is drowning, or dieing a painful death.

This is my first post:) I'm happy to be here on the 405th! Anyways, my irrational fears, and I say fears because there are 2, are needles and aliens...otherwise my others are eh pretty normal.

Gotta be spiders. I think what set it in motion was several years ago. You fellow spider-haters will love this....it was the middle of the night, and I awoke to something tickling me right under the nose. I thought it was my brother playing a trick, so I grabbed at it, and threw it away from my face. As I sat up, I could see the running silhouette of a spider across my bed spread, thanks to the utility pole light outside my window. Not a little tiny spider either. Something big enough to be able to lift itself off the covers a good 1/2". Guess that's what living out in the county produces. Eeck, getting the shivers just thinking about it. And to top it off, my wife is terrified of spiders, so I have to be the exterminator in the house. That gets interesting sometimes.

I seem fine with dark, and small places, and i love to creep my friends by putting spiders and snakes up my sleeves, but I would say my one irrational fear is large open space. Nowhere to hide.

Gotta be spiders. I think what set it in motion was several years ago. You fellow spider-haters will love this....it was the middle of the night, and I awoke to something tickling me right under the nose. I thought it was my brother playing a trick, so I grabbed at it, and threw it away from my face. As I sat up, I could see the running silhouette of a spider across my bed spread, thanks to the utility pole light outside my window. Not a little tiny spider either. Something big enough to be able to lift itself off the covers a good 1/2". Guess that's what living out in the county produces. Eeck, getting the shivers just thinking about it. And to top it off, my wife is terrified of spiders, so I have to be the exterminator in the house. That gets interesting sometimes.

We saw one of those big spiders in my fiance's basement...it was a good 3 to 4 inches:O that's one of my other fears.

Ah Hahahaha! While I agree whole-heartedly with you about the eating part... That giant thing was a CRAB!!! NOT a spider!! Lol. You don't have a problem eating crabs and lobsters, do you? :p

I didn't realize what it was until like ten minutes after I posted, it was in the same post talking about spiders so my brain put two and four together. Over sized crabs like that would still be freaky but I would eat it.

We saw one of those big spiders in my fiance's basement...it was a good 3 to 4 inches:O that's one of my other fears.

Lol, I love big spiders. One time in a cornfield I found a big yellow and black striped spider, and she had some white fuzz on her thorax that was almost shaped like a skull. I picked it up, measured it, (4 1/2 inches :D), and then I showed my friends.

I have real bad entomophobia. I am scared to DEATH of insects. Like, ants, gnats, and flies, whatever, but cockroaches, moths, bees (Oh god, bees...) ugh... For that matter, arachnophobia. That extends to a severe hate of spiders. Whenever I find a cellar spider (long-legs), I set its legs on fire. They scream. And they DESERVE it. NOTHING gets to make me feel fear and get away with it. >_>

Well, you gotta hate the dark...
I recently bought RE4 for iPod Touch, and I'm at the part just after you fight the Verdugo and Salazar, now I'm afraid that the Verdugo's in my closet.
Too many video games and horror movies.

I have real bad entomophobia. I am scared to DEATH of insects. Like, ants, gnats, and flies, whatever, but cockroaches, moths, bees (Oh god, bees...) ugh... For that matter, arachnophobia. That extends to a severe hate of spiders. Whenever I find a cellar spider (long-legs), I set its legs on fire. They scream. And they DESERVE it. NOTHING gets to make me feel fear and get away with it. >_>

I am deathly afraid of bees and wasps...there ya go all my fears have been listed lol

EXACTLY! I HATE bees, And I just got my eagle scout lol Some boyscout I am lol

You won't believe it, but something just like that happened to me! Big spider (one of the slim ones though), crawling all over my neck and shoulders and I didn't even realise it until it decided to move down my arm. But when I realised it... oh boy. Panic! :-D

Whenever I find a cellar spider (long-legs), I set its legs on fire. They scream. And they DESERVE it. NOTHING gets to make me feel fear and get away with it. >_>

If that was serious, it's really sick. Seriously. Not "showing people pictures of what they're afraid of using obfuscated URLs" sick, but "sick in the head" sick.

Wow, so much hate for spiders! So long as they don't crawl on my face I think they're kinda fascinating!

I like to say I'm scared of clowns, but it's one of those humorous fears you secretly like to revel in!

I gotta say roller coasters and other crazy carnival rides. I hated them when I was little and my parents made me ride them, and I still hate them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back