WinterHuntsman’s ODST build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to the 405th! I'm in the same boat as you but I just created a dft helmet with modifications to appear better in my opinion. By the way the templates are free now. Anywhoo.. for scaling there is the option of using Armorsmith Designer. I'm still learning it but it's much easier to visually see how pieces fit on you with an avatar to shape to. Also I am once again in the same boat having an issue finding the ODST chest rig. I posted about it in my forum post, created a thread over the weekend and still got nothing. But we'll see. There you can find images of armor Smith.

I'll follow along and throw in some input. Good luck and good job in all the questions. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

WinterHuntsman and Caleb I I have believe i have the chest plate file you guys need. post the file once I get home from work.
That’s great! I thought I was going to have to free hand the chest plate.

Edit: I’m working on gluing the parts for the helmet and it’s so annoying. Paper feels weaker once glue is on it and as it drys it wraps the paper a bit. I hope this is not a issue during the next step after the paper helmet is assembled.

Last edited:
I found this, I think this may be what both of us need? Still curious what PaiganBoi may have file wise.
You can also find all of these in the armory. I compared this list you shared from the "Foam" folder from this download page -> LINK
And they are all exactly the same models, just named a little differntly.

You can also find all of these in the armory. I compared this list you shared from the "Foam" folder from this download page -> LINK
And they are all exactly the same models, just named a little differntly.
However still missing a foam template for the center chest piece. But thanks though!

Sorry for the delay posting the file.
Just a heads up. This foam conversion did strip out a lot of parts. It has a flatter profile when looking at the source material.

20180706_141825.jpg

Here's how it turned out in my build. I do plan on redoing the plate. I may use the pep version in conjunction with this file to get a better looking plate.

Attachments

• H3 odst by nightshade chestplate - foam.zip
    82.8 KB · Views: 306
Sorry for the delay posting the file.
Just a heads up. This foam conversion did strip out a lot of parts. It has a flatter profile when looking at the source material.

That's okay, that's actually the same thing I posted yesterday, cool! I happened to stumble on the post by Evakura awhile back providing that whole set with that chestplate file. Thanks anyways man.

Here is a link that I created for the FULL Set of this armor (foam conversion). Hope this helps! Dropbox - H3 ODST full armor set - Foam Conversion.rar

However still missing a foam template for the center chest piece. But thanks though!
You are correct! I will have to use that foam chest plate when I get there, I didn't notice that one had the helmet and the other had the chest plate. I will be using this file now, thanks!

You are correct! I will have to use that foam chest plate when I get there, I didn't notice that one had the helmet and the other had the chest plate. I will be using this file now, thanks!
You're very welcome! Good luck!

All of my supplies are in! I can start now. Any recommendations for a good piece to start on that will give me good practice for working with foam?
Great to hear man! I will be starting on my forearm pieces as I hear that's a good place as any next to starting from the ground up (boots/legs/thighs) These are places that you can try and try again at without hurting yourself time wise I imagine meanwhile if you can learn from these pieces oppose to learning from a helmet build where the key focus is for a suit. Looking forward to some WIP images!

Sooo... I remember you were wanting files for the chest of the odst but if I recall there was something not ideal about the files, and there werent any more files out there or something. I dont know if this will help or not but i just remembered heroes workshop did a build not to long ago and posted templates( i think they are free) and may help solve your problem?

Sooo... I remember you were wanting files for the chest of the odst but if I recall there was something not ideal about the files, and there werent any more files out there or something. I dont know if this will help or not but i just remembered heroes workshop did a build not to long ago and posted templates( i think they are free) and may help solve your problem?

I've been following his build on instagram, incredible odst build. Definitely setting the example!

That build looks great!
The problem I was talking about for the file in the armory for the foam build, was the chest piece Has a spot for the breast plate but there was no template for the breast plate.

Next thing I’m working on is scaling the templates as the chest piece is only 13.5 inches wide and I’m at least 15-16 and need to add an extra inch for the foam thickness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back