405th Veteran Chat Discussion - IMPORTANT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yipes, is the meeting tomorrow? I don;t think i can make it this time. I just cant set any time aside with deadlines creeping up for D*Con and client work that needs to get done tomorrow. I'm afraid you'll have to get someone else to take notes for the meeting if you have it. I'm thinking though that most people are about as panicked as I am now for convention season. Adam is still away I believe. I'll be out of town next weekend on vacation.

Well, I'll check back and see how things go when I have a chance. It's prime time.

@AlexSpartan177- We are doing this on Skype.

@Sean Bradley- I completely understand. It is con season, so its understandable if some of you can't put down your armour due to fear of not finishing it on time for a con, or the Halo Reach release.

The meeting is scheduled for August 1st, at 4:00pm EST. So, if memory serves me correctly, that’s today at 4:00pm EST.

I hope to see as many of you all as I can there!

I'll be there. I need to get back into an active spot in the community. I'll be at my computer much of the day, so 4pm sounds fine for me. Just be sure that my skype is on the call list (Adulese).

- Adulese

As much as I would like to attend, I cannot make it due to having to work the long weekend. "I drew the short stick". :(
I'll have to take a Raincheck on this round.

I would love to be a part of this. So i'll try. I have never really used Skype before but i'll figure it out. I hope I qualify as a veteran been oh here for close to a year.

@Kirrou - when you get skype and have an account just make sure you either post your username on here or give it to Xtreme or someone you know is going to be there so we can add you and get you in.

@Xtreme Ill be there for sure...having a little difficulty with my internet at the moment but i will be there for sure.

I've only been here a month and a half, but I just want to say even though I'm still a greenhorn I appreciate what you guys are doing. I recently dealt with a very rude member, and I managed to ward him off. Though I hope I don't have to do that again anytime soon, I'm going to help where I can.

Goodluck guys!

‘Notes from the 405th Veterans Meeting’
August 1st 2010

In attendance: Michael Wojitas (MikyVengeance), Jake Furlong (Xtreme Tactics 101), Joe Glaser (Adulese), Alex Monje (AlexSpartan177), Bob Van Dijk (Bobvdijk), John Wayne Tingley (Project003), Jesus Valdez Calvillo (Kirrou), Shadokatt (ShadoKat), and Lorenzo Maffin (Shadowshail) Hopefully I did not miss anybody.

This meeting's purpose: To identify current problems with the 405th forums that was not discussed in the last meeting and to brainstorm solutions and action items to resolve these problems.

First Issue: Spamming of Blogs. As clarified by Xtreme TACTICS 101, “Blogs are staying. Access to them by noobs may not be permitted (At least them commenting on other peoples)”. It was decided that Blogs were not as important as some of the other problems mentioned from this meeting and last meeting. So Blogs have been moved to the back burner.

Second Issue: Gallery. Will be re-instated later down the road.

Third Issue: Stickies. Re-cap of what was talked about last meeting.

Fourth Issue: Moderators. Re-Cap of last meetings notes as well as distributed a test Application for comments and review.

Fifth Issue: Warnings and Haters. It was proposed that new members making a thread asking questions that could be found in stickies would get a link to the topic they are looking for and then a lock of said thread. Older, more experienced, members will get a link to the said topic they are looking for, then a lock to the thread and a small warning.
When the forums are fixed up to the way that the veterans discussed then it was proposed that all members, new and old, are given a Link, Lock, and Warning.

For Haters it was proposed that they should be corrected and have a warning or small punishment (ie. Not able to post for a week or two). If they continue their hating and/or rude comments, or the comment was really bad, they will be banned from the site. This of course will be a lot easier when we have more moderator staff and are more organized. As ShadoKat said “like "three strikes" kinda thing”

Sixth Issue: 405th United Kingdom Sub-Forum. It was proposed that we get rid of the United Kingdom Sub-Forum and replace it with a Members listing by Country, so people can find local 405th members to talk to about local suppliers and maybe getting together to help each other out. This will be a locked Forum with a list of members by country and possibly a list of local suppliers in that country.

Seventh Issue: Pictureless WIP threads and Double Posting. Encouragement is a key to both of these. Encouraging people to post WIP’s with pictures and also encouraging people to edit their posts using the “Advanced Edit” button instead of the quick edit. Another suggestion to the Pictureless WIP’s is locking them till the member has pictures to post.

Lastly we decided on a date and time for these conference meetings to take place: the meetings will be held every 1st Sunday of each month at 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time, the next meeting will be via Skype on Sunday, September 5th 2010.

It was a pretty simple meeting this time as most of the big dawgs were not there but we still covered a pretty good amount. Please chime in if I missed anything.

Your next meeting is during D*Con. You might want to reschedule...unless you're counting on people not showing up next time.

A) sorry i missed this last meeting.
It was my brothers birthday and my mom decided we were gonna stay out from 9 A.M. till 8:30 P.M.

2) i might just have to apply to be a mod when its available.
All i do is 405th most of the time anyway.

And

Trois) i hope to miss the next meeting.
(i will hopefully be at D*Con this year.)

So no meetings for me so far. :(

I hope this isn't concidered a necro (if I missed a thread somewhere, please delete this post!), but it seemed like there was some really good discussion going on through the 14 pages of this thread.

If y'all need help organizing the stickies, let me know. I'm going through and reading everything as I work on armor, so it may be easier to get a newbie's help on that one than from someone who's not in the n00b forums that much. I could compile links that have dead/broken information or the links that are still good to go just as I work my way through the build, and send them to whoever takes point on the organization. As far as the way it sits, it's almost easier just to use the search tool than try and dive into the ocean of stickies. I know it's because how much information there is, but some stickies could be combined for content.

I'm keeping tabs anyways just to be able to easily get back to the threads, so compiling the information and kicking a PM to someone with what I find wouldn't be difficult.

Again, apologies for the late appearance.

Kudos all round for getting a dialogue underway.
I've been here a while.. 2007-ish.?
And I admit I dropped out of sight pretty soon after publishing the first pepakura how to. My inbox just exploded with noob 'how do I do this' questions. While I didn't mind helping as long as the guy was at least typing in full English. I found it was taking a good hour and a half to clear my inbox. Every day. When Frizzlefry produced his pep tutorial the flood slowed somewhat (No pun intended) But I still get the occasional 'Can U maek me Pep armur plz!1!' emails.

Most of the guys on here are pretty good guys, but everytime a new game is released or halloween comes round, we get swamped with new members. Usually the same guys who play online and trash talk. The 405th isn't a multiplayer game of Halo. It's for mature people who are looking for assitance building armour or props, not people who just want to buy a completed item . I could never get that through to some people.

Anyway, good that the members have realised that we as a site have some issues. And Even better that the mods and site owners are engaging to see if we can't solve it once and for all.

Again, apologies for the late appearance.

Woah... Is it really you JediFraz? I joined the 405th after your time, and that was over two years ago! If you've been on since then, forgive me, I haven't noticed. Pepakura is the lifeblood of the 405th now, as you may already know. I'm sure some people will be ecstatic to see you back, myself included. ;)

Most of the guys on here are pretty good guys, but everytime a new game is released or halloween comes round, we get swamped with new members. Usually the same guys who play online and trash talk. The 405th isn't a multiplayer game of Halo. It's for mature people who are looking for assitance building armour or props, not people who just want to buy a completed item . I could never get that through to some people.

Quoted for truth. Good to see you here again JediFraz.

Hmm... I better get back ontop of this again.

What do you all say to the next meeting on Sunday, November 7 at 4:00pm EST? September didn't happen due to cons, expo's, and so on, and October isn't a good time because costumes for Halloween are taking up the majority of our free time.

I'll try and get this back on track.

Stay frosty,

Jake
Xtreme TACTICS 101

Wow its nice to see SOME of the older members again. I went MIA for about a year because of school, work, and getting married. When I came back I was somewhat shocked to not recognize ANYONE. Also kinda shocked to not see very many posts from Adam (sorry if I just didnt notice them). And I was most shocked to see that the site was "smaller" (found out later that the reason was due to hackers and host move). I am still very very busy and can not offer much help but if there is something small I can do let me know and ill be happy to do it.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Hopefully we can get rolling again.
Make this group as great as we know it can be.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back