Direct Halo ripoff in Samsung Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
makes sense, I totally understand.
thanks for clearing that up for me : P
isn't there anything 343 or Microsoft can do?
it's quite obvious they wanted to make a clone of the masterchief.
Samsung is pretty smart for releasing it with the whole halo reach hype :p
Agreed, they're very smart- the most they can do is try and sue for copyright infringement (stealing their design etc.)
However, things like this have happened before and like someone mentioned earlier they could easily try and call it a "space warrior" because they made some slight changes to the design...

Agreed, they're very smart- the most they can do is try and sue for copyright infringement (stealing their design etc.)
However, things like this have happened before and like someone mentioned earlier they could easily try and call it a "space warrior" because they made some slight changes to the design...

just like that that buzzbee assault rifle toy.
they couldn't do anything because the back was different.
The helmet in this video looks a little bit different, same with everything else, especially the shoulders.
mehh, what can we do :/

this is a ripoff first its copywrite because it doesnt say halo at the end microsoft or bungie. and they give no credit to them!!

That's crap if MS or bungie can't sue em if I made shrinky smalls and instead of shrinking they get small I won't be sued? I think if they don't sue I will be mad.

It's thw world of business, Samsung wants to make money, they found the least amount of work they'd have to do and they took that path. I really wish they would get sued, but alas corporations will continue to do this to each other...

When i first saw this commercial a few days ago on my TV my heart started pumping, because what went through my head at first was, THE HALO MOVIE!!!! Then i saw the rest of the commercial and i my heart started pumping faster out of ANGER!!!!!! I hate Samsung now. Plus it is going to be abit harder for Microsoft and Bungie to keep the halo franchise safe because any one can make there own MK6, or EVA, or whatever, but these guys abused the armor. 405th: Honor, Armor, Unity. Samsung: Armor, Dishonor, Abuse.
:angry:angry:angry:angry

almost looks like a rubies pajama chief mod. That sharp breastplate is a clue. That or they ripped a muckle statue apart...

LOL this is a legit commercial with permission for msoft. There was a big thing over this commercial on the bungie forum and a mod said they had consent.

LOL this is a legit commercial with permission for msoft. There was a big thing over this commercial on the bungie forum and a mod said they had consent.
theny why would they not mention microsoft or bungie or 343 in the end/somewhere in the commercial? i dont believe that- there would be a direct mention of one of those 3 companies if that were true

omg!! i just saw this on my tv and guess what they took out the begining so i doesnt show the spartan only the fighting part so why take out the begining with the spartan SO THEY DONT GET SUED

omg!! i just saw this on my tv and guess what they took out the begining so i doesnt show the spartan only the fighting part so why take out the begining with the spartan SO THEY DONT GET SUED
I think they just shortened the commercial. A lot of companies do that.

Yikes guys, chill. You all act like marketing doesn't always do this to anything semi-successful or popular franchise-wise. Haven't they been doing this sort of thing to Star Wars for... forever? And a lot of those didn't exactly represent Star Wars in a very aesthetic way.

Just advertising jumping on the $$ bandwagon.

ripoff, thats what master chefs face looks like. not haha

wait NOOOOOOOOOOO we're not supposed to know what he looks like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah but even if they didnt have consent or approval they could still get away with this because of the small changes

btw does this mean samsung inc. gets added to our list of recasters???

I'm so glad I searched first before I made another topic about this! XD I was about to post a thread about the same thing since I just saw the commercial the other day for the first time and I was totally floored when I saw that. The first thing that popped into my head was that samsung used an idea from a HUGE iconic character, slapped the armor on some dude and made a commercial in hopes that people would recognize the armor and they would have an increase in sales. XD haha

I know I got excited when I saw that and recognized the armor. I was like "ZOMG! A Halo commercial!!!" Then it turned out to be just a commercial for a new phone. :\

Why can't someone, ANYONE make a Halo movie already. GOD it's so maddening to see peopel skirt around the halo univers with commercials and such when all they need to do is get it in gear and make the dang movie.

As cheesy as this commercial was I can still see the potential for a kick-arse Master Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back