Exercise to get into it : An Unexpected Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
My diet has been much cleaner and workouts feel good. Unfortunately the holidays and family time demanded food be devoured xD. But I’m back on track now and am able to control how much I’m eating. I test fit my armor the other day and it felt much better to wear than before. Good sign!
Keep up the fight, everyone! You’re doing great!

Ran yesterday as a part of my 5k training and ate fairly well all things considered.

No personal training this week due to scheduling so I plan on doing strength training for bouldering to help increase my endurance for that.

Gotta keep it up. Plan for today is strength training and maybe some yoga plus dog walk haha

Yesterday i went for a 10 mile scenic hike through signal mountain, i can already tell you i'm gonna regret it today at work.
my diet is doing well granted i forgot how bad of a sweet tooth i have, constantly craving something sweet and sugary only for me to stiffle it with some carrots

153.5 -> 151.8 lbs
my weight has gone down a bit so it seems to be working and I'm starting to see very very slight changes visibly
this is what I've been doing Jaku's workout plan
It's a merger of many things but I've been doing the non arm workouts and on days I need breaks I've been doing the arm workouts

Gained/Lost: -1.5

Stayed on track with workouts and evening walks. We even had some decent weather that I could get outside and walk instead of using the treadmill. I'd say my diet was 70/30 on healthy vs junk food. Making my way closer to my 80/20 goal.

Goals this week:
1) Drink at least 80oz of water daily
2) Workout every morning, no more evening workouts other than my walk/jog, way too easy to make up excuses to skip
3) Eat out only once. Not only good for calorie tracking but the wallet as well.

Keeping on just walking 30-45min 3x's a week this month and then starting the Couch-2-5k program in February.

Last edited:
Gained/lost this week I've lost 5 pounds

Noticeable change, my pants are now even looser even with a belt they want to jump off my hips

Goals, fix my mountain bike and get the bent rim off
1. Find alternate solution to my caffeine addiction for my new shift as i was promoted this week
2. go mountain biking on signal mountain 4-5 more times this month
3. lose 20 pounds this month

Gained/Lost: -2 lbs

Swapped 2 HIIT workouts for lifting workouts plus my regular walking due to knee pain (old injury from lacrosse). Also focused on standing more at work. Thankfully the office I'm in right now everyone has a standing desk, which makes that easier. Stayed on track with drinking more water, and ending up eating out twice, once with my work team, and once grabbing Qdoba on my way home from working late.

Goals this week: Continuing goals from last week.

Gained/lost: +4 unfortunately :cry:
I've been working out daily (except yesterday) but at a certain point my weight stopped decreasing and instead began steadily rising
im gonna try to drink more water and eat healthier since i've been struggling with that

Gained/lost: +4 unfortunately :cry:
I've been working out daily (except yesterday) but at a certain point my weight stopped decreasing and instead began steadily rising
im gonna try to drink more water and eat healthier since i've been struggling with that

Muscle weighs more than fat. Just because you're putting on weight doesn't mean fat. Unless you've been ignoring building muscle.....

I was waiting for this!

1579733743031.png
Kinda cool looking medal for doing it too.

Oct. 2018 I did a virtual race through the Zombies, Run! app. They have one each spring and fall. This spring is a murder mystery story and launches at the end of April (barely still within my goal timeframe). I've got a friend who is still on the fence with joining me, but I think my chances are good in getting them to.

So is there anyone else here who'd be interested in running this Virtual Race (5k or 10k)?

I was waiting for this!

View attachment 283386
Kinda cool looking medal for doing it too.

Oct. 2018 I did a virtual race through the Zombies, Run! app. They have one each spring and fall. This spring is a murder mystery story and launches at the end of April (barely still within my goal timeframe). I've got a friend who is still on the fence with joining me, but I think my chances are good in getting them to.

So is there anyone else here who'd be interested in running this Virtual Race (5k or 10k)?
id be interested,
how does this work?

id be interested,
how does this work?

You can sign up through the link I posted and download the Zombies, Run! app from either the App or Play store. When the race goes live until it closes pick a day, open the app, and play the race mission. If you run it sometime within the race period then your time will get added to the leaderboard. You can still run it afterwards, but your time won't be recorded on the leaderboard. They tend to release a 5k, 10k and 2 training missions that you can complete. I've enjoyed it in the past, and when I used to run regularly I played Zombies, Run! missions all the time. I like having a story interspersed with my music, and the regular missions you can turn on zombie chases where you have to pick up your pace for some time period or you start "dropping supplies in order to not be caught".

+/-: -2.5 lbs

I didn't run or walk at all last week, but I did use my stationary bike on the 3 days that I usually run/walk. Still got my lifting workouts in, so that's good at least. Weekend boredom and/or gaming eating is the biggest obstacle to bigger losses for me. I want to be careful that the changes I make are things I am willing and able to stick with even when I do eventually hit my goal.

Goals this week:
1) Stand at least half the workday (split it up throughout the day)
2) Stretch more
3) Log food and exercise every day in MFP

I think my metabolism is starting to give up on me from this desk job... Went to 175lb. where I use to stay consistent at 167-170.
Well starting to work out with the wife after work every to every other day now. Hopefully just put on some muscle and stay around 175. (we have a little home gym in the same room as our game stuff).
Been starting to eat more salad lately though. Didn't know lettuce could taste so good. Trying to drink a little less on the weekends too to cut down on calories. which in compliment also gives me more time to cosplay since I don't like to foamsmith when under the influence of more than a few beverages.

Last edited:
+/-: -5.2 lbs

Completely failed on logging in MFP, and haven't done it at all this week either, so making that a goal again. I've biked and/or lifted every day this week. Do need to be better about diet. That's always been my weakness and the one that's going to make the biggest difference. I also want to get back to walking in the evenings instead of biking. It's that mental hurdle of my treadmill lives at my parents' and my bike is at my house, and after work I just want to get home and not leave again. Even when I take my running gear with me to work I struggle to force myself to go to their house and walk after work.

Goals:
Log food and exercise in MFP
No more regular soda
Get back to walking/jogging 3 times a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back