Halo Ds Coming Soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoRRupt3d

Jr Member
Im making a platform game for NDS called Halo: the beginning and here is the first screen

EDIT: If anyone is good with coding or DS game maker help...plz

Cover

[attachment=13678:Halo DS.jpg]

First screen (inteface copied from revolution)

[attachment=13679:scorpiontankcj6.png]

I really hope you have permission from Microsoft/Bungie to be making this. Especially if you are planning to sell copies of the game. You don't want those Microsoft Lawyers on your @$$...

Other then that, looks good so far.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
I really hope you have permission from Microsoft/Bungie to be making this. Especially if you are planning to sell copies of the game. You don't want those Microsoft Lawyers on your @$$...

Other then that, looks good so far.

aslong as its free and fanmade without the use of any bungie assets its ok :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to say this but even if the game is free and fan made Bungie could still come after you on this since you are probably using Master Chief as the game character, if it was another character it would probably be alright but I would change the main character and the name because if I am correct I belive Master Chief and Halo name are both copyrighted, I could be wrong but you always want to make sure everything is ok before doing it and even check with Bungie before fully going through with it.

Nintendude said:
I hate to say this but even if the game is free and fan made Bungie could still come after you on this since you are probably using Master Chief as the game character, if it was another character it would probably be alright but I would change the main character and the name because if I am correct I belive Master Chief and Halo name are both copyrighted, I could be wrong but you always want to make sure everything is ok before doing it and even check with Bungie before fully going through with it.

Dang I never thought of those things. Just when i was just about to start a Halo vs Gears comic. :(

Nintendude said:

ill find out

You can make a Halo vs Gears comic informer, they can't stop you from making fan art. Just so long as you don't try to sell it and you give the proper credits to Bungie and such(forget the makers of Gears) for the characters then you will be ok.

Sorry to change subject.

Nice idea though, if I remember correctly there was a group of people from some not too well known game developing companies that were making a halo for PSP just for the hell of it. Search it up on google if you want to find out, it was posted on here quite a long time ago though so you may find it in search.

CoRRupt3d said:
Im making a platform game for NDS called Halo: the beginning and here is the first screen

EDIT: If anyone is good with coding or DS game maker help...plz

Cover

[attachment=13678:Halo DS.jpg]

First screen (inteface copied from revolution)

[attachment=13679:scorpiontankcj6.png]

oh great. another DS game to stock on the shelf. (I work at Gamestop)

JK! keep it up, i'm sure it will do fine, don't forget to get a licence from Bungie!

With Love,

PR0J3CT 003

This is cool looking if you want some help I may be able to help with game animationing. I can not do major coding or even minor coding but I once knew my way around gamemaker. I also know that there is a sheet of animations floating around the internet. I also own one of those weird D.S. cards that let you put on stuff from the computer so I would be able to get the Beta. Please PM me

As long as it's fan made and is not sold or illegally distributed and makes no claims of ownership to the Halo franchise, it'll be fine. If Microsoft sends you a cease and desist for any reason (which they can), you can either stop or get sued out of every penny you have and more.

ImaGonnaGetYou: you can either stop or get sued out of every penny you have and more.

CoRRupt3d: sounds like fun!!! jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back