Just Another Armor Newbie? Mjolnir Mk VI (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very patient pep work! I did that same piece a few weeks back and rushed the dipped bits on the exterior section. I usually jkust rely on rondo to do the work for me, but it doesn't look like you'll have too much trouble there :D

Thanks guys!

Update:
I put the final coats of resin on the helmet today, so I'll be touching up with the rondo this week! Considering I'm so impatient when it comes to this and I really want to show my art teachers at school before this semester is over, I think I'll go ahead and finish up the helmet. I'll work on the rest of the suit during the time that I have to wait for the helmet to dry and what not.

I finished up the right sized right bicep today, but unfortunately I rushed it, so I'm not too happy about that, but less time with the pep means more time with the rondo.
I'm pretty sure this a good size length wise, right? My arms are small so I'll have to add extra padding, I assume.
Sorry I only have one picture for this. It's kind of hard to take pictures with my left hand on the iPhone, so I had to take it with my right hand, but I'll take some good pictures once I have both biceps done. Ya?

photo-1.jpg

I'm getting really excited! I never usually finish things, I get 90% done with something and then stop, but I'm forcing myself to finish this suit. I really want to do a Stormtrooper suit, too.

This is coming along awesomely! Pretty sure you'll finish well before I do =P
We'll see about that!

looking really good keep it up
Thank you!

Update 3/8:
Started putting the right forearm together!
I also put on a coat of bondo on the top part of the helmet. It's not so easy to get it on smooth because it's so cold outside, but it's not so much of a problem, just means more sanding.

Update 3/9: Sanded some of the bondo I coated on the helmet. Still more to do... a lot more to do, obviously.
Oh, the shenanigans! Loving it so far, can't wait to finish it up.
photo-2.jpg

Love your signature miss. Good work so far on your build. I am a noob too and the veterans builders are very unforgiving when it comes to the use of fiber glass but who blames them? I am building the marine armor from Halo 3 and am on hiatus until weather improves more. Good luck on your build.

Uuuuuuuuupdate:
-Put a nice last coat of bondo on. I'm going to go buy a dremel tomorrow, hopefully. Can't do much but sand the basic parts of the helmet without it, sadface.
-Finished a hand plate that was too big. Good practice. Haven't printed up any new pep parts yet, but I do have a BR pep printed from a while back that I haven't been working on a lot, so I've been working on that here and there.
-Took a break from Halo 3, played some more Reach, still hate it.
-More to come.

Love your signature miss. Good work so far on your build. I am a noob too and the veterans builders are very unforgiving when it comes to the use of fiber glass but who blames them? I am building the marine armor from Halo 3 and am on hiatus until weather improves more. Good luck on your build.

Thanks! I just checked your build out, actually! Very nice :) I wish you luck on your build, as well.
The weather is indeed hard to work around, but here has been getting better, around the 50's now, so that's helped a lot.

nice the helmet is looking great and the bicep looks like it fits great, keep up the great work =D
Thank you! I plan on it :)

Heh, I did the exact same thing on my handplate, just be glad its not a major part that takes days to pep! Anyway, Good luck on the rest of the build, its lookin great!

For sure! And thanks! I'm gonna be doomed when it comes down to finishing the chest and finding out I screwed that sizing up. Might as well just use the correct scaling method, rather than playing it by year and making multiple ones, but I kind of like making multiples... That way when I need a reference and make suits for my friends they can just try a piece on and I can make adjustments from there... so either way I'm happy. Not to mention, experience is always a plus! ...most of the time.

When you do your chest piece, use the LD tester pep file, its like 20+ pieces, that way if you scale it wrong you didn't put that much work into the HD one, when you get the scaling right then do the HD pep, trust me it sucks doing a HD chest piece twice, I found this out for myself, But so far your build is turning out great keep it up

When you do your chest piece, use the LD tester pep file, its like 20+ pieces, that way if you scale it wrong you didn't put that much work into the HD one, when you get the scaling right then do the HD pep, trust me it sucks doing a HD chest piece twice, I found this out for myself, But so far your build is turning out great keep it up

Sounds good! Thank you for the tip!

very nice work but i will agree with all the rest of the guys about your healyh.. please use a respirator and try to wear clothes and cover all the body parts to avoid contact with the resin..... and again nice job!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back