Just Another Armor Newbie? Mjolnir Mk VI (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, thank you Sildeo and Longshot! You guys both said pretty much the same thing! So I shall use that to my advantage! :)

This is really coming along awesomely, and now I feel bad again for not getting cracking on mine! haha! Also, it sucks that the weather isn't behaving itself for you. I guess something good about Australia is it always seems to be pretty frigging hot =P

You better get crack-a-lackin'!
That's not fair! It's been warm here and there, but it's still dippin' down into the 30's. Lucky Aussies! Hahaha

its still in the 30's in wisconsin?? danggg, its getting into the 80's here

Luccckkkkkkkkkyyyyyy :(

im pretty shure your far into your helmet but do you mind if i show you a link for the helmet i've been usin, but i've had a set back for my helmet, i sat on it, so yeah, well hears the link,
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZKNK3N1A

should be safe, i uploaded the file my self to the website

For sure! I downloaded it and checked it out. Looks a lot easier, less detail in the back of the helmet. I think I'll use that for the next suit! :)

UPDATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:

Yeah, I'm a bit hyper, despite this splitting headache and inability to hold my head up, I'm good.
Today during school I decided just to get out of my classes and work on the chest piece all day. It was actually pretty fun. Yay for ADHD and anxiety! Turns out these diseases aren't totally useless.
Anyway, the chest piece, 40 pages of fun, right? My thumb started getting sore from all the crease making, but THIS IS SPARTA!!!! Oh jeez, what the heck? Where is this coming from? Back on topic, cut to the chase before my mind wanders off to somewhere else.
This is what I have so far:
photo-7.jpg

I'm actually REALLY happy with how this is turning out.
The left piece is the front and the right piece is the back.
Hopefully this shall be done soon, as I intend on skipping all my classes this week to work on this shindig.
"What!? Abby, you need your education!" Next week is spring break, so this week is just for catching up on school work, kinda...

What!? Abby, you need your education!
;)

Just playing, it wouldn't be college if you didn't skip classes every now and then! :) Looking good on the Pep, and kudos for braving the HD pieces. I couldn't do it...:(

Nice work on the pepping!

And why did I not notice a fellow female 405ther sooner? I must have more access to the internet... >__>

Nice Job and good pep work! Really impressed to see someone at your age working on a project like this. Just to go back to the respirator matter, I like working with the fiber glass resin without a respirator the fumes help me get to sleep at night and your signature cracks me up lol Keep up the good work

Luccckkkkkkkkkyyyyyy :(

UPDATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:[/U][/I][/B]
Yeah, I'm a bit hyper, despite this splitting headache and inability to hold my head up, I'm good.
Today during school I decided just to get out of my classes and work on the chest piece all day. It was actually pretty fun. Yay for ADHD and anxiety! Turns out these diseases aren't totally useless.
Anyway, the chest piece, 40 pages of fun, right? My thumb started getting sore from all the crease making, but THIS IS SPARTA!!!! Oh jeez, what the heck? Where is this coming from? Back on topic, cut to the chase before my mind wanders off to somewhere else.
This is what I have so far:
photo-7.jpg

I'm actually REALLY happy with how this is turning out.
The left piece is the front and the right piece is the back.
Hopefully this shall be done soon, as I intend on skipping all my classes this week to work on this shindig.
"What!? Abby, you need your education!" Next week is spring break, so this week is just for catching up on school work, kinda...

I always liked this part of the armor. I always thought that it made the MkVI look more B.A. than the smaller ones on the reach armor. and you have great peps:) Btw thanks for the comment on my thread:) keep it up.... your work and posts lol

looks awesome!!!! i think for your next suit you should make reach armor but keep up the fantastic work and really can't wait to see some more progress =D

Nice job, Now you've got that far, I kinda keeps you going on you just want to see it come together, looks like your coming up to the fun part all of the little back detail pieces in the middle, those are fun to do!!!!!!!!!!!! but keep it up your doing great so far

Nice progress on the torso.
Your pepping is still spot on.
Yes those 40 pages can really take its toll on one's fingers. Just take your time and remember to take breaks.
Your doing very well.

Cheers! :)

Thanks everyone! You guys are definitely great motivators! :D

Updateeeeee:
Didn't get as much done today as I would have liked to. I got sick, unfortunately, so I spent the day on the couch. After I ate some Subway I felt good enough to work on the chest piece some more, so this is the result:

photo-9.jpg

photo-8.jpg

It's gettin' there!

Pretty, Pretty, Clean, Clean. ENOUGH WITH THE SUSPENSE! FINISH IT lol! But very nice work. when i do mine i will look at yours as a reference:D

Pretty, Pretty, Clean, Clean. ENOUGH WITH THE SUSPENSE! FINISH IT lol! But very nice work. when i do mine i will look at yours as a reference:D

Thank you! I hope to get a lot of my pepping done next week during spring break :D
Hopefully it gets warm again, 'cause it snowed today >sadface<

I live in west tennessee and it is 72 degrees outside. I remember that it snowed over winter and it made going out to bondo/resin a pain. but I think me and you are the youngest people on this website as far as i know:D yay for youth!

WOW!!!! it looks awesome!!!! great progress and keep up the fantastic work, really can't wait to see more progress =D
and yes i did just turn 13, i am young but at least i am not the youngest here on the 405th =D

Wow. I had no idea you are thirteen. well happy birthday. you are now a teenager:D I turn 16 next month on the 25th. But i seriously thought everybody on this website was older than 17.

WOW!!!! it looks awesome!!!! great progress and keep up the fantastic work, really can't wait to see more progress =D
and yes i did just turn 13, i am young but at least i am not the youngest here on the 405th =D

Thank you! And hooooooray!

Oh, and on the back of the chest piece where I haven't put the pieces in yet, it looks like an angry face going "RAWRRRR."
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back