ODST MK III; “Halo 2 Anniversary”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck! The ODST helmet is pretty awesome, I'm looking forward to watching your progress.

So good news, plaster bandages came in yesterday. Gonna try and see if I:

A.) have enough to make both a front and back torso.

B.) have enough free time to make the torso on Sunday.

Helmet is coming along nicely. Kinda stuck on the sides. Not because I don’t know what to do, but because I don’t want to mess it up. Hen I have to remember that this is the first draft. Will post pics tonight.

Okay, so I have a question: I have his fear that I might not have enough Plaster of Paris, I bough some that look like this...

But I’m going to get more that look like this...

Would there be any complications or unhealthy reactions with these two?

So bad news: I did this thing on my files where I join the parts. The bad news is that I accidentally saved it and closed it. Now I can’t make finish the helmet in a quick succession. RIP “Draft helmet 01.”

Onto DRAFT 02!!

So bad news: I did this thing on my files where I join the parts. The bad news is that I accidentally saved it and closed it. Now I can’t make finish the helmet in a quick succession. RIP “Draft helmet 01.”

Onto DRAFT 02!!
Is there no tracker to view previous saves?

“D02” is coming along really great!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

As you can see from the righting on the left side of the helmet, there is no angled cut, but instead just a flat cut to give it that smoothness. You can really see the difference on the red price on the right side.

Still one of my favorite builds, drawing up your own templates, that's a true builder! Keep it going!

Here’s the progress on the helmet. Got the back of the head done. Now to reduce heat, I will install a mesh there to act as a vent. Should reduce the sweating and fogging.
image.jpg

Construction is done!!!!! “D02” off to sanding...
908F072F-5B12-413C-B572-3D821CFD0F7D.jpeg 0961DFE9-D633-45E8-B8CA-533F2C8A5A0A.jpeg C53C3B78-F81E-4D3D-87C1-CBCEA03DE281.jpeg E9E91E9B-4ED2-4EE7-9A97-295A20ABBD6F.jpeg 333823B1-FF88-4E98-9BA7-8B0AFFA9F3A2.jpeg

...but I don’t know what type of grit to use. I see that whereisdanielle Is doing the same technique with her armor and sanding it all down. And I saw that her armor seemed organic. If any of you have any ideas on how to sand armor, it be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back