Ranking discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.

NZ, it doesnt bother me - not at all.

But if we're trying to make the transition into more professional group and whatnot, clubs and all, then it wont be "Adams forum" or "Adams group"

No disrespect of course to anyone.

But just because one person likes another persons work a lot, or likes another person a lot, should they be able to make the executive decision to give them a special title, over other people who they might not like, or who's armor is not "good enough for their own group"

At the end of the day I don't really care, it doesn't bother me if my "rank" says Advanced Member or Fiberglass Monkey because, it's just a forum on the internet full of people that I'll probably never meet
QFT

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a high ranking member, I don't have a suit so Im not even eligible for membership. There are no ranks. there are a few forum moderators, and the site owner.

We'll im glad that we've put this to rest.

I was worried that the vets people wernt as good as the others ;)

Untitled-1-4.jpg

I'm glad we're all the same :)

yeah yeah i was being modest but forget it then dude theirs a shoe on my floor...........................................................................
................................................................................
..................................................................dibs :D

Xavier said:
But if we're trying to make the transition into more professional group and whatnot, clubs and all, then it wont be "Adams forum" or "Adams group"

My point is that its just not good business to give something special to the people you like.... if we were just a group it would be cool, but were trying to gain official club status.. there cant be handmeouts to favorites, in my opinion.

NZ-TK said:
I'm not a high ranking member

your a mod dude.

Being a mod dosnt make me high ranking, all it means is I can moderate threads. I'm more like a janitor than a sergeant

the point im trying to make is one you just tried to make. There are no ranks, there are mods and a site owner... your a mod, thats power here. for now - thats rank.

There are no ranks, there are mods and a site owner... your a mod, thats power here. for now - thats rank.
I think you are mistaken. Being a moderator is not a position of power, its a position of servitude. The mods job is to keep the place tidy, moving threads, merging them and doing general house keeping on the forum. Unfortunately there are times when keeping house means "taking out the trash" by removing members that refuse to observe the rules, however the moderators don't set those rules, the site owner does, we just help. This forum is the property of Adam, he pays for it and so, is the only member in a position of "power". As long as that is the case, we would all do well to remember it. Is it democratic? Not at all, personally I consider it to be an oligarchy. It is a natural phase for a community to go through, next will come an aristocracy THEN democracy. Is that "fair"? who cares, its just words on a screen. Go build armour, that is what its all about. The "power" you speak of is entirely fictitious.

I OWNZ all YoUZ Bases...

Lol.. they're titles... more humorous than anything else...

Me being from Texas, does make me feel better than alot of people not fortunate enough to be here... lol, but thats how all Texans feel.

But living in Texas doesn't auto get you into some secret power club, neither does making a helmet. I Happen to live not far from Adam, and I can get things done... as have a few others close to us in Texas.

Its not crazy to say that Adam Started the forums here, and the group is sort of starting in Texas and radiating outward... but that will be rather quick seeing as we already have a base of people here on the net.

The Texas people talk regularly, and work on things together because we are simply more than forum friends now, we have meet, hung out, spent money together, time together... played Rock band till midnight, and went out after that to work on armor... We are helping each other here, not ruling... until the 405th Infantry Division is created and it's decided Otherwise... Adam, Rules all...

All I do is mop floors and keep up with paper work anyways... ;)

gamerguy55 said:
hahaha... seamen. I'm sorry i couldn't resist.
ANYWAY!!! I like Ironcobra's idea about the ranks for what you do for the 405th...not a bunch of useless posts.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Rarrrrr me matey! . . . hahaha. . . ha. . .. (ok mine wasn't as good)

MasterGun said:
or less more like 150
That makes me feel better. . .I think.

NZ-TK is right, for now the forum is an oligarchy, and Xavier, it does seem to be handing out favors.
There's not a lot to do about it but get out to the shop, build your own armor, and have a say in what the 405th becomes.

Spase said:
Give this a rest... go back to making armor, quit getting wrapped up in what you "think" is going to happen...
Take break from complaining, and try to help this community.
NZ-TK said:
who cares, its just words on a screen. Go build armour, that is what its all about.
Vrogy said:
There's not a lot to do about it but get out to the shop, build your own armor, and have a say in what the 405th becomes.

QFT.
Just thought I'd point out the three posts I've seen in just over 24 hours saying the same thing...
just the ones I could remember seeing.

There are far more useful things to be discussing and doing, instead of wild speculation and chatter.

...not that anyone who is going to continue arguing will read this or any of these posts I've quoted, anyway...

relating to the "ranks in the 405th" post here, i was wondering like should we make a bar sig for completing PEP armor, Cardboard, Molded, etc? That does sound cool and im up for it if theres gonna be a team of Bar Sig makers. I would be like an award for like SOTW (Signature of the Week) on Photoshop Forums, Planet Renders, etc. The thing is, when you make your armor, you must post it in your gallery.
anywho, just a thought.
the basic concept would be like so.

a Barsig for Completing a PEP piece of armor
a Barsig for Completing a PEP armor
a Barsig for Cardboard armor
a Barsig for Molded armor
a Barsig for exclusive armor such as Gears of War, this that and other...

this way, when they make it, finish it, post it, they will go and grab the code for the sig and place it in their signatures. this would get rid of the rank system and people would be that much more motivated to get armors done for the sig awards. again, this could be done with different color styles, and different artists. besides, its kinda boring to see people post x% of how much is done of their armor. I would rather see a sig saying that they are done and that they post their signatures proudly.

and besides if this idea is passed, then i could get more practise with Photoshop and GIMP. :D
again, just a thought.

I'm only arguing here because it isn't spring break and I don't have the stuff for my armor yet.

Not to offend any body, but to those who are trying to shoot it down at the moment, I really don't like that. This thread is meant to discuss the possibility of creating a ranking system, and decide if the outcome is worth it. But if you constantly post "this is a bad idea", not many are going to be happy. This thread has gone from the point of "maybe it could be arranged like this" to "this idea is ridiculous, it doesn't really matter, who the hell cares".

If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything. Please! It works so well everywhere else! Why not here? If you must say something that just downright shoots down an idea, come up with one to takes it's place. Example; look at my post in the Barsig thread. Showed the issue, added a possible solution. It isn't that hard.

Go look at Spase's signature and think for a while.

NZ-TK, if you had just politely mentioned people might get powerhungery over a ranking system and bombard Majors with useless spam, I would have changed the system I came up with rather than everyone spending 2 days arguing about how dumb an idea is. I mean no disrespect to anyone at all. But please, constructive criticism.

Oh, we should add a sort of Judge to the ranks, to help alieviate issues without needing to involve an otherwise overworked mod.

That would be excellent for ranking! But it might anger people because it might lengthen your posts if you put on every one. Maybe those little skimpy ones you see on other forums.

But it would be cool to recieve rewards for making a good suit. :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back