rino's odst build (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rino626

Jr Member
Hey everyone. Ive been a member for about a week and a half now and have been working on odst armor. Just thought I'd post my progress so far!

Big thanks to Hughs for the pep files for the armor! Oh and I used Kirrou's helmet file so thanks to him as well!!

So far I've pepped an resined the helmet, both shoulders, and both gauntlets. I completed pepping the chest piece today but have yet to resin it (way too cold!)

Here's some pics:

Helmet
IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

Gauntlets
IMG_0975.jpg

Shoulders
IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

Chest in place
IMG_1015.jpg

Ill probably start working on the rest of the chest pieces tonight. :D

What do you guys think??

Attachments

• IMG_0988.jpg
    IMG_0988.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1007.jpg
    IMG_1007.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_1015.jpg
    IMG_1015.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 252
Looking very good so far. :)

Going Halo 3 ODST are you?

What are you plans for the undersuit?

Definitely off to a good start, keep it up.

That's awesome Rino! All of the parts look very clean. All of those unfolds look a lot better than the original ones I used. Looking forward to seeing the rest of this.

Keep up the great work!

Oh, and I know what you mean about the weather dude. It dropped down into the 20's this week here as well, with strong winds non stop. I can't do a thing, other than 3d work.

After I finish with some re-unfolds was thinking about doing the binoculars and other helmet attachments for people to use.

tcmmart23
Thanks!
Well if i can find a semi cheap motor cycle racing leathers i might use that. If not i'll probably just use some black army fatigues. Im planning on making the chest core out of foam and then attaching all the pepped chest pieces.

hugh
i was happy with the way its turned out so far! Thanks again for the files. Id definitly be interested in those helmet attachments!

wiyumishere
thanks!

Thanks Combust!

aktaylorh
I got it off hugh's odst build thread, so search for that and it should be pretty easy to find.

Looking Very good there Rhino. Very clean and sharp. I was thinking about doin an ODST myself, I think you just convinced me
Keep up the great work

Double post ik! But I have an update! Finished pepping more of the chest pieces tonight, just thought id post some pics.

Finished this one
IMG_1019.jpg

And these
IMG_1026.jpg

Together with the main chest piece
IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

More updates to come! :D

Attachments

• IMG_1026.jpg
    IMG_1026.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1023.jpg
    IMG_1023.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_1025.jpg
    IMG_1025.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 250
Looking very clean and well done. I love your expression in the pic. LOL. Keep up the good work it looks like you are moving right along. Hope the temperature cooperates with you so you get some more resined.

Grave_Hawk
Thanks! I think the cold weather has set in for the winter though :( But over break I'll be able to work at home in a heated garage so I should be able to keep moving :D

Anywaysss, more progress!

Got the rib plates done
IMG_1035.jpg

And the belt buckle
IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

progress so far
IMG_1038.jpg

More updates to come! :D

Attachments

• IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1034.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1033.jpg
    IMG_1033.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_1035.jpg
    IMG_1035.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1038.jpg
    IMG_1038.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 241
Rino,

Awesome work brother...that is turning out awesome! Nice clean and precise... lloking forward to seeing the rest of it come together...

Cujo3131

OMG Rino you are really moving on this project! Wow, now I know that the new unfolds look very nice when built.

Would it be ok if I linked your thread on my own so that others can see what the 2nd generation files look like?

Also, I've been trying my best to try and get this out sooner but it looks like you already built the old belt buckle. You still did a great job, but if you ever wanted to go back to it like I am doing I have here an entirely new model that I built. I actually got a better reference screen shot to work from this time around.

ODSTBeltBuckleV2.jpg

Dowload

Btw: If you were going to use my shin model don't print it yet! :p
I'm working on a update right now lol

Attachments

• ODSTBeltBuckleV2.jpg
    ODSTBeltBuckleV2.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 245
cujo and waynehead thanks for the words of encouragment!

hugh
Of course, feel free to link me in on your thread! And wow that belt buckle does look sweet! I think I may try to modify mine a little bit to resemble the new one ;) I think i'll be working on the chest core next so the lower body is still a little ways off. I'll be looking forward to the update, everything looks great so far!

Bountyknight
These werent my files. They belong to hugh ^ Check out his build thread and you'll find everything I've used so far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back