What do you do while making armor??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeijden

I know, I know!
I't not one of the most productive post around here.
But beside the introduction threats here to become familiar with each other.
I was wondering what you guys are doing during making armor?
Because some fases of the proces can be mind numbing; like cutting out all the pieces from pepakura.

So do you listen to music?
Parents nagging that you shoudn't waist you time?
or something else?

Let me know...

To start off, I like to listen to audio books.
Such as all audio books from HALO, but also The Hichhikers Guide To The Galaxy.
So I can listen to things besides the eternally repeating songs from the radio.

I watched "House" while cutting and pepping my armor. I got through about half of Season 3 (starting from Season 1).

I watched "House" while cutting and pepping my armor. I got through about half of Season 3 (starting from Season 1).

Cool, I just finisch Season 3 from House.
Just got Season four Started. (also watching from season 1)
I'll try watching it while cunning and glueing my armor next tume :D

While I cut and pep, I watch King of the Hill on Netflix. I used to watch 24 and the Unit, but alas, I finished all of them. While I work in the shop, I crank up the boom box and I am currently listening to Metallica's S&M CD (My Zune broke :(.) Their best in my opinion!

usually try and watch something on netflix and then the constant interruptions from the kids and the infernal honey do list. and wife asking "are you done yet" arrrggg.. then end up pulling hair out kicking the dog lock the kids in the closet and then take a deep breath and hum happily to myself as i cut and glue in some peace and quiet.

usually try and watch something on netflix and then the constant interruptions from the kids and the infernal honey do list. and wife asking "are you done yet" arrrggg.. then end up pulling hair out kicking the dog lock the kids in the closet and then take a deep breath and hum happily to myself as i cut and glue in some peace and quiet.

Ahh...being single is a wonderful thing.

Well when pepping I have 2 monitors hooked up to my PC so I have the Pep designer up on e one and I usually watch a movie or downloaded tv show on the other. I've watched like 30 movies all 9 seasons of Smallville, all the seasons of Eureka, all 8 seasons of Pen and Tellers BullSh*t ( just so the mods don't yell at me that is the name of the show) and every super hero movie DC and Marvel has put out.

In the garage I crank up the tunes.

Haha, I tried pepping while watching Batman: Under the Red Hood the other night. I ended up totally engrossed in the movie and getting nothing done. Wth happened to DC having mediocre production standards? That was the most kickass Batman by far, surpassing even the Dark Knight!

I just listen to the radio. Sometimes just in silence. Usually have the lappy on so that I can check the forums when my hands get tired of cutting and also for easy reference. Tried to watch a movie while pepping, but like Templar_320, I got distracted as well! :)

I watch George lopez or whatever is on lat nite. I like the nanny also. yea I said it, Fran Dresser was a hottie.
Or Gundam 00. I listen more than I watch. It's funnier. To me

Lol I usually listen to music more than anything. Daftpunk, Justice, Phoenix and a bunch of funky electronica music. It really gets me into the mood and zones everything out. I have tried watching movies but it tends to be counter productive. I end up watching the movie and not working on my build so I tend not to do that anymore. Lol.

What kind of music gets you guys in the building mood?

Music or Audio books.

For myself personally - I find that if I attempt to pep and watch a movie at the same time, the quality and speed of my work truly suffers.

Music - Trance, Newage and Techno
TV Shows - Babylon 5, Dr Who, Naruto Shippuuden, Full Metal, Startrek
Movies - Lord of the Rings, Starwars (all eps), Matrix, Halo Legends

I agree with ZackyPanic... Sometimes the speed of my work suffers when a good scene or part comes up and grabs my attention. :p

i watch documentaries or movies or listen to music or i play online poker at party poker
when i take a break from pepping i play battlefeild 2 for pc online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back