What Does Your Username Mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My username is RFPnoodle, which comes from two sources.

RFP stands for Randomflyingpigeons, which is the name I use for deviantart and is my pen name. It started because on the first art forum I joined I was messing around with a friend. We were being immature and making multiple accounts and pretending we were our characters and going back and forth and having a multi-"person" conversation with only two people. I needed a third party to pretend like they didn't know what was going on, and he/she/it needed a username, and the first words that popped into my head were "random flying pigeons." I finally chose to take things seriously and be an actual contributing member of the forums. And since I figured I'd get banned with the other two accounts, I stuck with Randomflyingpigeons, and a legacy was born.

Noodle comes from the randomly generated name that I got assigned the first time I ever played the first halo game. I was at a friend's house and we were using his brand new shiny xbox and they wanted me to play halo. So I did, and I got the name "noodle". It's a silly name for a spartan and the least threatening object one can be named after, which is perfect for me because I'm all talk but I'm completely a pacifist, and no one takes me seriously. So it works.

And since I couldn't have randomflyingpigeons on here, I abbreviated it and added noodle. And that's my story.

My name was given to me in a video game, when I was creating a character and clicked the Randomize option, this was the name. It stuck with me :) I use it for everything now. My XBL gamertag, this forum, character on World of Warcraft, Runescape, lots of stuff. Doesn't really have a meaning I guess.

Well...I actually didn't come up with this name, my brother did. He came up with it back in the days of Diablo 2 and was thinking of a character to name. Completely random, he used Frozensnot.

And after he forgot about it, I swipped it! I have another username, Knuspriger, but I thought Frozensnot was better. :D

Chevysrule. Because they do. The story on it is that I used it on my profile at this remote controlled car website, and it just stuck as my online name for my username, so that's my name at many online places now.

Mine is from the Road warrior movie's, loved them as a kid haven't seen them in awhile. And now I love all things Post Apocalyptic it's now my all interwebs name.

My Original name for everything was GunMan from one of the pilot's in MechCommander 1, it was also my Halo:CE/Halo:2 splitscreen name. Now my XBL tag is Skulls n Guns I wanted something that sounded cool and I got it :D

I thinking I might try Bruce Campbell's role: Ash HouseWare's(I think that's what he said his last name was in the movie(Make's more sense if you see the movie.) from the best movie ever Army Of Darkness. Who is now Sam in Burn Notice.

Two parts, as usual.

Just me(Yeah, it is just me.) I can guess you get it

No one else(because it is really just me). I think you can figure this out also.

Just me was created after Blaster Builders Club did not accept my old nickname(me) anymore. So I got it longer by a bit.

Although, I have learned to hate my new nick, so I'm more commonly known around the net as Atlas, AcidSnake or DeThBr1NgEr.

Atlas comes from the coolest mech around, and also from the evil guy in bioshock(I love that game)

AcidSnake comes from Metal Gear Solid, I thought that there was solid and liquid, but what bites 'em both? Acid. You bet.

DeThBr1NgEr comes from a song. Ensiferum's Deathbringer from the sky. I just mis-spelled it intentionally, left A aout and replaced I with 1.

There goes.

I lost the game again. Sorry

JustMe

my name is over three years old and comes from a lego figure I painted in 6th grade named fred. I joined ruinscape in 6th to talk to online and to have something to do. the name i requested was not available so in a pinch, i looked at the camouflaged lego guy on my desk and thought camofred. from then on i have used it for other user names and it has become part of who I am on the internet.

ThunderDragonX13 actually has a pretty straightforward explanation.

Thunder= My favorite element

Dragon= because I've loved dragons since I was a kid

X= favorite letter

13= favorite number

My username is kind of obvious,but i know it's gay a bit.i came up with it straight on the spot.

Mjolnir Follower means: One dedicated to 405th mjolnir armor and One who is dedicated to making props.

Hence my avatar.

My username doesn't have so much a meaning, as it does a story behind it.

I'm just including the shortened version, because I started typing my whole halo story, and realized it was way off topic, so I'm including it as a spoiler for posterity if you'd like to read it. It's at the bottom. Beware though, it's a novel. Lol :)

In 9th grade, my drafting and AutoCad class had an internet connection for the computers. One kid quickly realized the only website that wasn't blocked by the school servers was microsoft.com He was playing with it, and found that downloading from microsoft's website wasn't blocked. He downloaded the Halo trial, and all hell broke loose.

We had a moron for a teacher, and she barely even realized wat we were doing. Every day we came into class, and played slayer games over the LAN connection, sometimes taking breaks for a few CTF games. The first time I logged on, I had no idea what to call my profile. I don't quite remember how it went down, but I seem to recall "HeavyGunner" popping into my head for no reason whatsoever. I only used one other name which was, "GeneralGorilla", but it didn't quite stick. The "heavy" part came from my love of providing support for my team using heavy weapons. "Gunner" just seemed like a natural word to use after Heavy. Nowadays, when I get the opportunity to play Halo online, I actually like to provide sniper support more than heavy support, but that doesn't change my name one bit. ;) I have used HeavyGunner for any online profiles I can. It's my favorite name, but it was taken on xbox live, so a friend helped me decide on CRANKdatMoNkEy. :p

Back when I was in fourth grade, (2002) I vaugely recall playing a game at a friend's house, that I'm fairly certain now, was Halo CE. I loved it, but didn't think about it again until much later when I was in 7th grade. During a trip to the mall with some friends, I decided to buy a computer gaming joystick, while I was in the store, I thought, "Hmm I'm going to need a game to go with this". Looking back, this reverse logic makes me laugh uncontrollably, but I was young and still very immature mind you. ;) I bought a flight simulation game that I never figured out, and a few weeks later, upon returning the game, I decided to look for another. As I was browsing the computer game aisle, one paticular game caught my eye. To this day I don't know why, but Halo CE jumped at me. I loved it instantly, and I played through the entire campaign with my computer joystick. A few months later, I spent an all nighter with some friends, playing none other than, you guessed it, Halo 2. We had a two console system link going than ran the entire length of my friend's house. In that night of mischief and mayhem, I learned the hard way, many things: Getting in the purple plane is a very, very bad idea, the glowing sword is very, very deadly and hard to find, and lastly, the map that looks like the one from Halo 1 isn't quite as fun as the original.

Later that year(2007), I heard about Halo 3's release. I was ecstatic, because I had already built up a love for Halo. I didn't even have a 360, and never owned an xbox. I played the Pc version of CE, and couldn't play Halo 2 either, because the Pc version of halo 2 required Windows Vista, and our computer had XP. Needless to say, I decided to reserve it anyway, hoping that somehow, I would get a 360 in the summer, before halo 3 came out in the fall. Sadly it didn't happen, and I remember reading about the release, not holding my copy of the game, and still penniless, without an xbox 360. We had a wii, but my heart was absolutely set on Halo, the only game I had ever been obsessed with. The joy came later that year on Christmas, when my dad got me a laptop. Which ran Vista. I was overjoyed, and overlooked everything about the computer, until I bought Halo 2. I played through the campaign, not quite as many times as I had CE, but enough to memorize the storyline. The first time I played Halo 1, I was enthralled with the story, and promised myself I would memorize the storyline of all three games as I got them. With the summer of 2008, I made some new friends, who in turn, owned 360's. I can still remember the first time I saw the intro to the Halo 3 campaign. We didn't play the campaign (just multiplayer), but I vowed to buy a 360 even if it cost me my life, just for the campaign. We played mutiplayer for months, getting together whenever we could. Finally, in March of 2008, I got a 360. It was the happiest day of my life. I bought Halo 3 with it, and beat the campign for the first time. During my first couple of playthroughs, I found out about achievements, and was pretty much obsessed. A few weeks later, during spring break, I beat the campaign Solo Legendary. One of my best friends was such an encouragement to me throughout my first experiences with halo 3. We did everything together. He was even there to walk me through setting up my xbox live. (and the creator of my hilarious gamertag, "CRANKdatMoNkEy") As a side note to this story, I just wanted to let you readers know, I have never been able to play online. I have satellite internet out where I live, and DSL isn't possible. I can still connect to xbox live, but the only things I can do are send voice messages, and track stats and progress. It is definitely a sad thing for me, but nontheless, it makes me love Halo all the more. The few chances I get to play online at friend's are like windows into another world, short, ephermeral chances to earn achievemnts and hone my skills. It might make the average fan quit and never return, but not me. My love for Halo will never fade. In June of 2008, I got involved with 405th.com,and have been here ever since, building and meeting new people. It occupied a vast majority of my time from that June until September 22nd 2009, when Halo: ODST was released. During that time, a lot happened. I steadily worked on my costume, having many failures and learning experiences along the way. I also went on vacation in the summer of 2009, to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. We rented a beach house, but ironically, I spent more time at the house than at the beach. The house had DSL, and I had brought my 360. That week, I earned more achievements than I could shake a stick at, and had made a few friends online too. The last day I had online was a saturday, double xp weekend, and I had played grifball a lot. I realized I had unlocked the Lightswitch achievement, and decided to drop grifball, and get a party for Annual. That 6 hour journey was truly an unforgettable day, and I have vowed to one day repay two of the guys who I got it with, and majorly thank the guy who had to endure it twice. But that's a story for another day. ;) Back on topic, my suit, some parts made, most parts bought, was unveiled at my local gamestop at midnight for the release of ODST. Since then, I've gotten to know some other games personally, but none as close as halo. I'm still here, waiting diligently for the release of Halo: Reach.

If you actually took the time to read this, thank you! I'm really not sure why I decided to write this, but I guess I just felt like it. Hope you enjoyed! I'm thinking about starting a thread so everyone can tell their halo story.

well I created Iren when i was like 5ish i think it was the name i used in a game of war with my friends and i always liked it so i stayed with it. the 00 is my Motocross racing #

Chances are if you see a JackSkelling10 on a forum or something, it's me. It was my Youtube account, then my gamertag, then 405th account lol. It's supposed to be Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas, but that's taken everywhere so I just started using that. I got it from a NBCX toy car license plate lol.

Dads nickname when he was a wee lad passed to me when I was a wee lad in the form of Lil' Squid as I look just like my dad, evolved to Squid Squires overtime and now as far as I know I'm the only one. It started because the first 4 letters are the same in Squid and my last name, Squires. Ta da

I "created" my nickname at the age of 14. A classmate wanted to play Command & Conquer with me online and asked me what my nickname would be. I looked around and i read the name from my jacket wich was "Camaro". Then I said "I will take this name just with a K instead of a C". This is my story ^^

just me(no one else) said:
Two parts, as usual.

Just me(Yeah, it is just me.) I can guess you get it

No one else(because it is really just me). I think you can figure this out also.

Just me was created after Blaster Builders Club did not accept my old nickname(me) anymore. So I got it longer by a bit.

Although, I have learned to hate my new nick, so I'm more commonly known around the net as Atlas, AcidSnake or DeThBr1NgEr.

Atlas comes from the coolest mech around, and also from the evil guy in bioshock(I love that game)

AcidSnake comes from Metal Gear Solid, I thought that there was solid and liquid, but what bites 'em both? Acid. You bet.

DeThBr1NgEr comes from a song. Ensiferum's Deathbringer from the sky. I just mis-spelled it intentionally, left A aout and replaced I with 1.

There goes.

I lost the game again. Sorry

JustMe

Cr4P, now i lost it too, thanks a lot, :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back