Zombies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tapwater is fine, but what will happen when you get out of town? :p No matter how appealing the urban areas might seem, you stand better chance of survival well out of civilization. As for the jeep, I feel the need to say no-no. Bicycle is what you need. Fast, silent, light and muscle-powered. Plus, you can carry it around so the terrain poses little to no problem at all.

Odessa-086 said:
Tapwater is fine, but what will happen when you get out of town? :p No matter how appealing the urban areas might seem, you stand better chance of survival well out of civilization.

that would be the advantage of traveling by vehicle, with a group/convoy.
you could rotate shifts driving, with one person driving, one lookout, then 1-2 other sleeping, then just rotate people around, depening on the car/jeep/wahtever the only time you would have to get out, would be for gas

Last edited by a moderator:
Cars break down easily when traversing over a rough terrain, though. Gas would end up being the least of your problems after a few weeks/months. And they're loud.

Odessa-086 said:
Cars break down easily when traversing over a rough terrain, though. Gas would end up being the least of your problems after a few weeks/months. And they're loud.

ah-ha, this wouldnt be over very tough terrain however, And we would be heading as far norht as we could, taking (hopefully) days at most to get up there.

if its been a month an I ain't in canada at least, then im probably a zombie already

a backup plan, debated locally, would be to head to norfolk navel base, and see about boarding one of hte mothballed ships there. Not easy to get onto, but once your up thier, instant zombie proof (so long as noone else already infected got aboard before they turned of course)

but again, that would rely on (small) boats to transport us+supplies to said boats, and once onboard theres no gaurntee that we could do anything. Although the mothball fleet are maintined "just in case", more often then not they need teams of engineers/etc to make them sea worth, so at best they would just be floating castles, tottally immobile (which can be a good thing, use paint to spell out help messges on the deck, Fishing would be viable to for food supplies as well, and the distilling mentioned earlier can turn seawater into drinking water)

edit: i should mention my last few posts basically contain the gist (jist?) of my "overall" survival plans, to handle anything from naturl disasters. invasion by (fill in the blank), and the genral "shtf" scenarios. over games of 40k(or whatever) we like to dicuss back and forth various ideas, and overthe course of (got it must be 10 years now?) weve come up with (the last few posts) as our general "marines we are LEAVING" plan
(well...that, or take off and nuke the site from orbit, but we have a distinct lack of nukes right now)

Man, you would have a really hard time getting into a naval base, any military base, actually. I should think they'd barricade themselves up as soon as the government would get a hold of the info on the infection, them and their families. I think military bases would be the hardest places to get into if you're a civilian.
Also, malls, even though used in almost every zombie movie out there and even though packed with stuff, are also not the best choice.

Edit - regarding cars, actually, regarding gas - I think a lot of people would hurl to the gas stations at the news of infection just to get as much gas as they can, just in case. You might get a full tank in your town but while you're on the road, other people would drain gas stations along the way dry. You wouldn't be able to be 100% certain you'll find gas without going off course.

Odessa-086 said:
Man, you would have a really hard time getting into a naval base, any military base, actually. I should think they'd barricade themselves up as soon as the government would get a hold of the info on the infection, them and their families. I think military bases would be the hardest places to get into if you're a civilian.
Also, malls, even though used in almost every zombie movie out there and even though packed with stuff, are also not the best choice.

for that very reason we relagated that plan to "last ditch"
the thought being that either A) heavly armed people have sealed the base, and let NOONE in,
or :cool: security was breached at some point (probably becuase they ignored part of A)), and now we have not just zombies, but potentially zombies wearing body armor wandering about, possibly LOTS of them

and yeah, agree about the mall 100%, deathtraps they are, to many entrances, and even if you got enough people to watch them all, food for all those people would become a problem danged fast

Yeah. And I think if everyone went to coop up in malls, there would be those jerks who'd soon start going around, showing off and doing all the things they've seen in zombie movies, getting themselves infected and by that, spreading the infection among the survivors.

best place to go first is block off your home , do up windows and doors , stay in the house for a few days , plan out where to go/ see condition of streets .

as i said go to a store that is heavily secured like small hardware stores ,after that get your supplies to survive most situations , get out of any civilization far away , mountains , sea . travel to cold country's.

wilderness survival guide books are gonna be your best friend at theses time

as the earlier post have said going to the military /mall for protection shelter is one bad idea , cus everyone will think the same causing a big round red zone of zombies.

only other thing i wonder is if you change your look into a zombie or cameo , can they detect your not a walking meat bag?

Other than that i dunno if running zombies can be possible , sure reanimated cells , but only to the brain to function badly enough to basic needs and to move a body , the nerves can work but no use of muscles so they'll be similar to numb like signs. But then again if someone is infected and becomes a zombie instead of being eaten or such , then they could possibly be able to run .

then you'll need to sneak past them or get a car and get out of the city .

That's what I'm talking about, getting out of the civilized world is the best chance for survival.

I really doubt you could make yourself appear zombie to fool other zombies. It's the scent of living flesh that attracts them, not the sight of it, so...no such luck. It's much like how horses won't drink muddy water, zombies won't eat already dead flesh, they'd notice on the most basic, instinctive level that the meatbag, as you call it, is actually alive and not dead.

Ah but what if you covered yourself in their dead rotting flesh *blech*

your smell would be hidden,but then again i guess you'll be infecting yourself in some way , well it was an idea

but yeah most tactic idea , don't say in urban or city's for to long before it get over runned by zombies/thugs

if your able to go by transport car with supply good for you but you'l need to in overall be in a hard to get place or a place where it's hard to live .

Unique Name said:
Let's start off with a brief description of zombies: They are the living dead. More accurately, they are the walking dead, as they as the only thing living about them is the virulent infection in their brain. This brings me to their only truly vulnerable spot, which is said brain. The virus has no real objective: while zombies seem to move in hordes,this is only because the moaning sound they make as they detect prey attracts others. There is no good reason to believe there is any sort of hive mind. Zombies actually have very poor control over their own bodies. They have very slow reflexes and cannot feel pain. In fact, many believe they cannot feel at all. Their senses of hearing and smell however, seem to be extremely acute. This may spring from the fact that they have extremely poor eyesight (their eyes decay as they are not self-repaired) and the aforementioned touch issue.

That's probably enough for basic rundown, let's move on to bad weapon ideas.

Chainsawing a zombie=bad idea. Zombie blood is how they infect you. Chainsawing them sprays it all over you,and then it's pretty much just a matter of getting a small cut from something that touched the blood first. This is also why you have to be real careful with swords. The other reason is they're extremely loud and will attract zombies, and if you run out of gas you're screwed.

Flamethrowers are out: zombies will stop for nothing, even being set on fire. If what he's coming at is you (which is most likely the case if you're attracting attention to yourself with a 60 foot jet of flame,) the flames will come back at you. It takes about 5 minutes for the Z to burn to the point of being unable to move. So only use fire in the case of being far higher than the Z's up a vertical, noncombustible surface.

Automatic weapons are also a no. They waste ammo. All it takes is one headshot and they're out. No point wasting ammo. Shotguns, while they have massive stopping power, are very loud and not very effective at actually incapacitating the Z.

when it comes to everyday objects, shovels are excellent, as well as simple crowbars. Basically anything sharp or heavy enough to break through the skull and that won't get stuck. Harpoons, for example, are out unless you want to recover a zombie along with your weapon.

Good weapons: semiautomatic carbine, hunting rifle, silenced semiautomatic pistol, and Shaolin Spade, trench spike, among others.

A semiautomatic carbine has good skull penetration and accuracy in a nice small package. It also avoids "rock 'n' Rolling," or getting out of control with an automatic weapon.

A hunting rifle is basically the same thing.

A silenced pistol is good for taking out individual threats without drawing the attention of other Zs.

the Shaolin spade is basically curved blades on both ends of a staff, like this: )------D It's good for decapitation.

Trench spikes were invented during world war one for use in, well, trenches. They were designed to penetrate a steel helmet and a skull, so they can easily break a zombie's head. Another bonus is that they can be acquired as antiques instead of weapons, and will be legal in more areas than other weapons.
As for a base/hideout, you should choose something with few or no windows at ground level, and any weak ground level doors should barricaded. Basically, any means of entry save for strong vehicle doors of places impossible for a zombie to reach should be semi-permanently shut off. in fact, your base should really be shut off by more than barricades, but also extreme distance from population centers. population centers = zombie centers. Not a good place to be. Even if you have a 3 storey building, enough zombies trying to get to you and they will form a pile and some will be able to reach you.

You will obviously need to have a lot of supplies. Ideally, your base should be self-sufficient, with a well or better yet, a spring. It should have a garden. It should have solar power. it should have a large stock of ammunition is case of zombies finding their way to you. Basically, it should be everything. If you want to continue any communication with other humans, you should have a radio or satellite-based internet. Zombies would have no way of disabling satellites. (correct me if I'm wrong here and satellites do not have the capability on their own to serve internet users)
All this is great, but zombie outbreaks need to ultimately be contained or they will consume the entire world. Cleansing should be done very carefully, an inch at a time, to prevent any zombies slipping through the cracks. I'd go into specific tactics, but i'm really bored of writing this right now. Just go read the Zombie Survival Guide.

So what's my zombie plan? all of the above, taken into account.

[/my longest post like ever]

Ok Unique Name, you made a small mistake. It's not the brain. It's what is called the Apricot by professional snipers.
On yourself start by touching your forehead and moving your hand to the back of your skull. Once you stop feeling the curvature of your skull and begin to feel the top of your neck you have found the EOP (external occipital prominence). This is the location of the medulla oblongata (or apricot as its called by snipers). This very important part of the brain can also be struck by firing between the eyes of your target. This is a straight shot into the apricot.

and my survival plan is to use whatever i have at hand.

hmm, well first thing is first, i need to find survivors to help me out, fighting off a horde of zombies is not a one man job

i would just keep some survivors in the Pawn Shop, steel door and no windows means safe, and a load of guns and ammunition means safer.

AF200XL said:
:lol: i would get a decent sized group of my friends and head to walmart.... where i would rally all workers and customers to blockade off all exits... once done me and my friends would kill off everyone we dont need......*no point in haveing all those extra mouths to feed... * there we would live out the rest of our days... at walmart they have enough guns and ammo to easly kill off the entire population of marion indiana from the roof... they have all kinds of shotguns.. 22's... 223's 9mm's the list goes on.... hell even a few bow and arrows.... :) but yeah thats my plan... go to walmart proclaim my self the leader.... then kill most of my followers so that my food would last longer :) :lol: **note all this will be done in my MC armor**

Lol a restatement of times past

Odessa-086 said:
Very nice choice of weaponry, I would definitely go for Spas myself. (funnily enough, Spas means Salvation in Russian/Croatian). However, all that comes up quite heavy, it would eliminate carrying any survival gear with you. Advanced medical kit, canned goods, a portable rainwater cistern, battery-powered radio, emergency flares, telescope, light sticks, purification tablets, water filters, spare parts for weapons (especially a silencer)? 12-15kg is the optimal weight for a human to carry around on hikes, any more than that and you'd find yourself wearing out too fast.
Not trying to bring down your (excellent) choice of weapons, but am just saying you might not be able to take all of those with you and get extras necessary for survival. Unless you find a hideout you can stay in up to a week, of course.

I spend way too much time thinking on zombie survival techniques... :cautious:

A valid point for sure. that is a lot of weight. But it's been my experience that i can carry that in addition to an amount of food and survival gear. (I enjoy going on "camping trips" with some friends occasionally. On which we usually bring our airsoft gear and play around.) and I also think that i wouldn't be keeping all the ammo on me too long. chances are I'd be doing a bit of shooting before i found a safe house. (in the event my current one was overrun or somehow was no longer safe.) after which i wouldn't need to carry all the gear.

i've done a bit of "planning" as well it seems. :cool:

I do like camping with airsoft gear :D It has an awesome feel about it.
But in case of zombies, you gotta include the stress factor. There's very little stress on camping and you're normally able to go on for hours before exhaustion just because it's fun and you're enjoying it. But stress gets to you fast. Now this is a hypothetical situation and I understand a lot of people would say "Oh I'm not easily stressed" but think again. We're talking about zombies here. Real (well, let's just assume) undead bastards heading for your brain if you don't let go of your "I'm strong enough" attitude. If you were to face such a danger, not only would you find yourself dead tired by mere hiding, but the stress levels would wear your body out as much as your sanity. We're talking about extreme stress. So unfortunately, your endurance will suffer, whether you like it or not.

If ever would be a Zombie Outbreak in my Town, i would do this Things:

Looking for a Headquarter like a Military Base or high Buildings with a Entry that no Zombie can enter it.

Find more Survivors with Radio or visuall Signs -> say them to search a safe Place.

Then make a Plan for rescue them, in the best Case some armored Vehikles or better, build a Armored Suite like the Marauders in Starship Troopers 3.

In the Case that something is not avaiable, light Armor and a Weapon Store, take out some Rifles like M16 with Drummags, Pumpguns, heavy Guns like Vulcan & M82 for the HQ. Some Swords like Katanas are light and sharp, best if the Ammo is out.

Rescue the Survivors with a big Car like Hummer or a light Tank, crush Zombies all the Streets back to the HQ.

Make a Plan for Escape and Destroying the City, but first look for a Satellite-Controlstation to acces some of them with Cameras, to look if other Places are full with Zombies.

If there was only my City full with this Freaks, i would look if someone of the Survivors have the Knowlegde how Atomic Bombs work and if he can build them. Add a Satellitecontrolled Igniter to that Bomb and place it in the middle of the City and get the Hell out of this Hell as fast we can, let the Bomb explode and Problem solved.

Fast, easyest and safest Way to eliminate any Zombie-Outbreak.

ok... 3 plans

plan 1: 'dawn of the dead' slow moving dumb zombies
first head to bp (petrol/gas station) get all diesel available, then store it in asda (uk version of walmart) then head to B&Q (hardware store over here), take all generators, use them to power refrigerators, heating, and lighting in asda. Then make a camp inside asda with all the shelves (that the food was on). lock self in.

plan 2: '28 days/weeks' fast moving dumb zombies
go to Scotland, head to ben nevis (big mountain) stay in lodge on top. zombies are fast but they cant operate cable cars :)

plan 3: 'Land of the dead' clever zombies
gather all food supplies for a week, storing them at docks. take a boat to an of shore oil rig because even though the zombie can go underwater (yes, watch the film if you don't believe me) they cant get onto the oil rig because i will pull the access ladder up :)

Technically, the ones in 28 days later aren't actually zombies, but people infected with a Rage virus who have NOT died (they starve to death if not killed beforehand).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back