Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
mc hammer time said:
About the DARE armor: It would be great if we could get the shoulders out first since Romeo also has the DARE shoulders.

I don't think DARE really has any shoulder pieces. At least not anything that big like the regular ODST shoulder pieces. They also look somewhat tight on the arm too.

Nightshade:

That SMG is lookin pretty freakin cool! Will it be finished anytime soon so that people can start pepping it?

Last edited by a moderator:
HaloGoddess said:
I don't think DARE really has any shoulder pieces. At least not anything that big like the regular ODST shoulder pieces. They also look somewhat tight on the arm too.

@Nightshade:

That SMG is lookin pretty freakin cool! Will it be finished anytime soon so that people can start pepping it?

I'd get some flexifoam, just some foam sheeting (if theres such a thing) or use some fabric - stitch it into the shape of Dare's shoulders and put soft stuff underneath the fabric?

If you go and look at xtreme tactics' WETA odst version thread, you'll see that he's making his undersuit out of foam (also some pieces of armour), thats pretty much what I'm talking about by saying you should use some foam sheets. I shouldnt be too fiddly if you get the currect measurements to your shoulder and research good ways to attach it to your shoudler discreetly.

im completly alright with making the shoulder out of foam. i just meant that to make the piece as detailed as it is and to keep the curves that it has, (the top curves on three planes), it would be challenging to make it out of foam sheets. im sure that people can stil make great recognisable pieces with just foam sheets.

FalseKnightmare said:
im completly alright with making the shoulder out of foam. i just meant that to make the piece as detailed as it is and to keep the curves that it has, (the top curves on three planes), it would be challenging to make it out of foam sheets. im sure that people can stil make great recognisable pieces with just foam sheets.

oh yeah, i get what you mean now :pIm sure it will be hard for whoevers making it to get as little sharp and out-of-place corners.

Normals Fixed:

fixednormals.png

fixednormals2.png

The SMG is now READY TO BE UNFOLDED (Woo-hoo!)

(New and Improved) Halo 3: ODST SMG

Unlike some other annoying weapon files, this file isn't one where the barrel geometry just goes right through the gun, etc. The red-outlines detail faces on the sides and top of the gun are there as a template, so you can cut out several copies of them to build up width, or just use it as a guide for cutting out cardboard/foam pieces. The secondary handle is designed to allow the handle (once properly connected with the main body of the gun) to swivel from an up-right position to a near-90-degrees fold in. The handle/trigger-guard has an area cut out to allow the trigger to go inside the gun (although you might want to make the trigger out of cardboard, etc. The silencer should slide right on after being resined (or before), and the sliding stock can in-fact slide because of a hole cut out in the main body of the gun.

The magazine clip is not actually attatched to the main gun: I guess that, after resining, you could drill two holes in the main body of the gun covered by the clip, and glue two short dowels to the back of the clip. Then it would fit right in and still be removable.

If you plan to use a real lazer pointed, I wouldn't waste time pepping the little barrel thing poking out of the rectangular sight box. I'm sorry I didn't make the little addition which you can add to the top (a sight?), but I suppose you can always scratch build it. If built at a standard size, I could later release an additional file so you could have that element on the gun.

I just tried to model a weapon and not include all the things in other weapon models that make pepping a pain, or sometimes impossible. I hope you all like it!

Shade

mc hammer time:

dude! those are perfect! all you would have to do is make a simple foam sape for the inside and that would keep its shape perfectly!

FalseKnightmare said:
the "shoulder" piece is a little too complicated to just make it out of foam (i think) i think that the best thing to do is make it out of flex foam.

http://brutalgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/halo3_odst-dare.jpg

(this is a big hd pic of dare, you can see the shoulder very clearly)

I hate to disappoint you but those 'shoulders' are the straps and buckles holding the chest piece in place

Take a look at the part circled in red. There's a metal loop, and outlined in blue is a fit of fabric which goes through the metal loop and clasps into place.

darebuckle.jpg

Can anyone give me a link to the Buck's helmet attachment file/thread please? I can remember someone made one but i cant remember where it is.

sierra092 said:
Can anyone give me a link to the Buck's helmet attachment file/thread please? I can remember someone made one but i cant remember where it is.

JUICE made that one. Check his profile and search under his Topics tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back