Noble Spartan(mod's/add-on's begin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking saaaaweet! Loving you suit man. Wish I wasn't so far away I would love to see all these suits in person, and ofc meet you guys at the cons.

Looking great Thorn!!

I hadn't noticed it before in your photos, and it might be because the ones I'd seen earlier you had a hood on under your helmet, but have you thought of using something to cover your open ear holes on the helmet?
Something like the scrub filters in fish aquarium filters. They're usually black and are very open so it wouldn't interfere with your ability to hear or anything. They look like this:
th_DSCF6589.jpgth_DSCF6586.jpg
It would just close it off and maybe give it some depth.

And have you thought about doing a double visor or scoring your visor? I'm going to try the double visor when I get around to my suit after my son's. I found a close up of it in the Deliver Hope Live action trailer on YouTube of the way it looks.

Not picking on anything you've done though, because everything as I said, looks great. Just an idea is all.

Attachments

• th_DSCF6589.jpg
    th_DSCF6589.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 130
  • th_DSCF6586.jpg
    th_DSCF6586.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 133
Looking saaaaweet! Loving you suit man. Wish I wasn't so far away I would love to see all these suits in person, and ofc meet you guys at the cons.
Thank you, Drake.
no way man!!! i'm so jealous right now. wish mine was that far along
Thank you, Early90z.
Looking great Thorn!!

I hadn't noticed it before in your photos, and it might be because the ones I'd seen earlier you had a hood on under your helmet, but have you thought of using something to cover your open ear holes on the helmet?
Something like the scrub filters in fish aquarium filters. They're usually black and are very open so it wouldn't interfere with your ability to hear or anything. They look like this:
th_DSCF6589.jpgth_DSCF6586.jpg
It would just close it off and maybe give it some depth.

And have you thought about doing a double visor or scoring your visor? I'm going to try the double visor when I get around to my suit after my son's. I found a close up of it in the Deliver Hope Live action trailer on YouTube of the way it looks.

Not picking on anything you've done though, because everything as I said, looks great. Just an idea is all.
Yes I wear a hood normally, this was just a test fit so I didn't have it on(to hot inside for winter hood). That will cover all that skin showing on the head and neck. I plan on ordering a heat gear hood soon. I also have some black screen that I need to glue on to cover the holes. I just didn't know if I was going to do a add-on on that side or not.

As to the double visor..hmmm. I might just have to look into that. The visor I have right now cost $32 so I'll have to do a web buy for that. I payed the higher amount because I needed it right away. It's still set up as a temp right now so that would be real easy to do. :cool

Thanks for the Idea's Spartan_127 :cool I'm loving you're build by the way.
I Was worried for you at first, about possible warping on the chest piece. But you seem to have that all worked out. Mine warped in 2 places so I didn't want you to have the same problems I did. You're son will be so happy when it's done.:D

Attachments

• th_DSCF6589.jpg
    th_DSCF6589.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 131
  • th_DSCF6586.jpg
    th_DSCF6586.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 127
That is a sick looking ab plate. Did you scratch build it or did you use l3xs' ab plate pdo, either way it is looking great. What part of Detroit are you at? I went to southwestern high school.

Looks great :)
Thank you, Mstruvmgc.
Aaawesome update, Thorn. Love the ab plate!
Thank you, LilTyrant.
You and Roxy were very inspirational on how this part started to morf. into what it is now.

That is a sick looking ab plate. Did you scratch build it or did you use l3xs' ab plate pdo, either way it is looking great. What part of Detroit are you at? I went to southwestern high school.

AB plate pep was done by jtm1997. I did a mod on mine to make it fit. I used some of Roxy's magic and a little of LilTyrant's inspiration to get it to this point. :D

But the basic guide line to the parts came from that pep. The file to the AB plate is here.---http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...admau5-Scout-and-daft-punk-helmet-peps/page55

As to were I live. I'm out in Clinton Twp. But Work at the GM Ren. Cen. in Detroit doing Traffic control. :cool

Looking crazy good!!! Loving this build man you have some top skills! Looking forward to when this bad boy is complete. Although I am sure you will keep adding to it to take it one step beyond. Saying that, are you going to make something new once this one is done? Other than weapons ofc because one man can never have a big enough arsenal
Ok back to this question :D
Gundam will be the next build.
I don't know what one as of yet, But I'll be looking into this a little more. ;)
Just have to finish up on the Noble 6.
Man thorn, everything is coming together great! keep it up.
Thank you, Cinderblock

Last edited by a moderator:
Gundam! :D
Nice choice thorn! when ever I see it, it brings me back to when I was 9 watching Transformers! Gundam always makes me think of Star Scream and Side Winder for some reason....

Looking forward to seeing the build!!

Dave.

do you have the file for your chest also. your about the same size as me. what was the scale for your armor?

do you have the file for your chest also. your about the same size as me. what was the scale for your armor?

I used the default scale and as to the file mine is a little out dated try going to L3X's data file--->>http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/33480-L3X-s-File-Database for the latest and greatest.

Gundam! :D
Nice choice thorn! when ever I see it, it brings me back to when I was 9 watching Transformers! Gundam always makes me think of Star Scream and Side Winder for some reason....

Looking forward to seeing the build!!

Dave.
It will be a little while before I get to it but the mech/Gundam is going to be a MS-18E Kampfer:cool
and I'll keep you in the loop Dave, I never know when I might need a artist of you're caliper's opinion. :D

To all those Fathers/Dads out there building their Child's armor, I'd like to give a shout out.

Happy Fathers day.:cool

And to the rest of you also, just for being there.:D

Don't be afraid to Dream.
Because it's our Dreams
That show Us what Life could Be.
If we only Believe in Them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Farthers day to you too Thorn. Hope you have/had a good one (unsure of time differences)

hey thorn did you have to rescale your cod piece cause i don't think mines big enough ;) hahahaha jk. but really did you have to change it at all?

hey thorn did you have to rescale your cod piece cause i don't think mines big enough ;) hahahaha jk. but really did you have to change it at all?

I printed it out in default and did a direct mod to the sides removing 2 inch's on each side after I was done pepping. (Of course in hind sight I wish I had them back to fit the under suit.) I'm a 5'8.5" 165lb's med build, about a size 31 waist. If you need to add you can get away with a few inches next to the pouches with taking away from the look. I hope this help's you.:cool

I printed it out in default and did a direct mod to the sides removing 2 inch's on each side after I was done pepping. (Of course in hind sight I wish I had them back to fit the under suit.) I'm a 5'8.5" 165lb's med build, about a size 31 waist. If you need to add you can get away with a few inches next to the pouches with taking away from the look. I hope this help's you.:cool

thanks thorn that's all i needed to know. i'm 6'4 about 33in waist and losing (shouts in excitement). so hopefully no modding for me :)

thanks thorn that's all i needed to know. i'm 6'4 about 33in waist and losing (shouts in excitement). so hopefully no modding for me :)

Oh yes, that should give you 1 inch movement on the wast line.

Now I personally was not able to do this but I'm going to put it out there for you to see if you can make it work. If you look at the pep you'll see that the front clip has a real nice cut line. That is were I cut mine for the clip on. What I couldn't do was hinge the 2 back pieces, The pep was just a hare off (my fault) and no defined cut line. So if you mod the back a hair you will get a nice clean cut line. That mod would just be pushing the paper joint in. Then you can have a nice clean, separate pieces when you go to belt it.

Mine is still in a "C" form as of right now. I may change it up after this years Halloween/Youmacon. I just don't want to mess with things to much, till after the big contest that could possibly pay for the next build. ;)

Yes I'm still going to Build at least one more big project using everything I learned here with this one. Thanks to everyone here, I got the Bug :cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back