Special Invite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ithica said:
Your soul will be present my friend. A vid will expalin all to those who do not know yet.

Ithica

Awesome! Maybe everyone can sign it or something at get togethers and one day when Linda and I get over there I'll collect it. Keep it safe in the collection for me till then Ithica. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok a lil update on how things are going. Lovebug has done her first cast which will be the busa used for Juliet76 at the gathering. Today Lee will have his tickets to join us. We are getting so close and we will have so much to do with so lil time.

A special update :

smick6 is running a special deal for Members coming to the party. He is doing a extra low price on his spikers. They will be rough casts straight from the mold, but I can tell you that you need one of these babies for your collection. I ordered one and it will be here for the get together. You can have them shipped to me so they will be here for you or you can have them shipped to your home. Please contact smick6 fort any and all information pertaining to this great deal.

Ithica

Thanks for getting that out for me Dave. All of you guys inspired me to try and do something for the community like the rest of you, so that's my attempt.
I also want to thank all of the other people that purchased anything from me in the past, without you guys I wouldn't be able to do this. Hats off to you guys, thanks again.
I hope you guys have fun..

I'm down! I won't be able to join until late Saturday night (work conflict woooo). Unfortunately I won't be able to actually come down, because I live in Nevada and such, but will be able to join via stickam just like Rvb4life. If that's alright with you guys. :tutu:

Ithica said:
ok a lil update on how things are going. Lovebug has done her first cast which will be the busa used for Juliet76 at the gathering. Today Lee will have his tickets to join us. We are getting so close and we will have so much to do with so lil time.

Woo-hoo! I have a soul! Thanks Lovebug (hope the cast went well for you) and Ithica. ;)

That's great news about Lee's tickets. Hope those of us that can't make it get to see lots of pictures from the wweekend. :D

Well, we'll have the Stickam party going, and if all goes well, I'll have both of my cameras, so lots of pictures and even some video.

On another note, some things are coming up for that weekend, so I'm not sure when exactly we'll be there, but we will be there.

juliet76 said:
Woo-hoo! I have a soul! Thanks Lovebug (hope the cast went well for you) and Ithica. ;)

That's great news about Lee's tickets. Hope those of us that can't make it get to see lots of pictures from the wweekend. :D

Indeed! Gotta share some pics and vids with the rest of us unable to attend this event. Don't want to be left out of the loop, after all ;)

P.S.: You've got a stand-in "soul" there for the get-together? Damn... I'm envious, buddy. :D

I'm also bringing a camera, and my laptop for it's iSight and movie editing programs readily available on it.
We'll be arriving in Austin Friday night, then popping over early Saturday morning.
Popping over with cobbler!

So I was showing my sister what she's getting herself into (she's kinda the black sheep at this), and she got really excited about Sigma's Fallout mask. And when I told her pepakura could be used to make an Iron Man mask.. well she just did a little happy dance.
So she's got herself a project to work on. Haha.

Also, Dave, I didn't know you worked a reptile rehab facility!
How ironic is it that I volunteer at a rescue-rabbits one?

Drakku said:
I'm also bringing a camera, and my laptop for it's iSight and movie editing programs readily available on it.
We'll be arriving in Austin Friday night, then popping over early Saturday morning.

So I was showing my sister what she's getting herself into (she's kinda the black sheep at this), and she got really excited about Sigma's Fallout mask. And when I told her pepakura could be used to make an Iron Man mask.. well she just did a little happy dance.

You and Brittany are going to get along great. She used to breed the bunnies and now rats and mice..lol. I founded Herp Halfway House back in 96 but it is on hold right now. I'm hoping to start it back up in the near future.

Ok someone speed up time. I'm impatient...lol

Ithica

Drakku said:

So then, you could feed his snakes for him, huh? :p lol

I think it's kewl how more and more people here are beginning to get their significant others, friends, or family involved in this wonderful hobby. Now that's what I call togetherness :)

Obviously, your sister's big on Iron Man, lol. You should get her to join the community. That way, she'd have easier access to the Pep files available for that armour :cool:

Besides, we could use another female member, to help off-set all the testosterone around here:lol:

Hey Ithica
I was wondering if during your "meeting" if you were going to have an hour or so when members could get on their webcams, let says of Skype. We could have big conference call, just to say hi, meet people, stuff like that. I know I use Skype and it is free, for one, and it works really well.

just an idea.
((plug for Skype haha)))

I've got Skype myself (just downloaded it the other day), so I'd definately be game for that!

However, I believe those attending via the internet are using an application called "stickam". Don't know if we'd want to go complicating things by employing two different web conferencing apps.

I've never heard of stickam before. Ithica only listed one person who was using it but idk. I figure skype would be more popular software to use.
I just wanted to ask about it. but i would agree having different apps would make it a little hard.

It's a good suggestion, dude. Let's just wait until Ithica sees this to find out what he thinks about it ;)

I don't know anying about stickam but I love skype....you can only cam to cam so cam conference would be out. Regular conference would be good.

Ithica

Ithica said:
I don't know anying about stickam but I love skype....you can only cam to cam so cam conference would be out. Regular conference would be good.

Ithica

Sorry buddy, kinda confused here, lol. Haven't used Skype yet (just downloaded it), so do you mean it's only webcam-based? One can't just call someone through that app as they would a regular phone (no video)? And, what do you mean by "regular conference"? Not to be difficult or anything... I'm having a dumb moment lol

SPARTAN II said:
Sorry buddy, kinda confused here, lol. Haven't used Skype yet (just downloaded it), so do you mean it's only webcam-based? One can't just call someone through that app as they would a regular phone (no video)? And, what do you mean by "regular conference"? Not to be difficult or anything... I'm having a dumb moment lol

You can call real phone numbers using skype (with no video bc you're calling a phone) with cost $$
Or you can "call" another skype user for a video call (or just voice if they don't have a webcam called a skype call
with a skype call you can talk to one-to-one (kinda like instant messaging) or you can set up a big video conference between several skype users.

So if you call a real phone/cell number it cost $$
A skype call is just like aim or yahoo video calls, with sound and video. ( it's a video phone but using a computer app.)

Ohhh... I think I got it, now. So, I should avoid calling real home/cell phone numbers so it doesn't cost anything. And, I can call another Skype user with or without video (depending on webcam capabilites, or lack thereof).

I guess that's what Ithica meant by a "regular conference"? Without the video aspect, I mean? :cautious:

Gawd, I feel like such a blonde right now:lol:

You can conference with up to 24 people on skype I cant find what the max is with video but Im still looking, also we need to see how many ports ithicas internet will handle. My laptop is wireless so I can setup a network through it if anyone else needs to connect. This is all with the mans permission by the way lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back