1st Build The Red ODST Halo: Reach build log.

N8TEBB

awesome What kind of 3d printer do you have can you send the name or a link to where i can buy it
I also have a CR-10. From what I've heard the CR-10S runs better out of the box, but that also means you may learn less about what each of the parts do, because you'll never be taking them off or replacing them as much. A CR-10S isn't a free ticket to easy street though, they still need plenty of care. Usually the parts that need upgrading are cheap and easy to fix though. As usual, the new models will tend to work better, but what it really comes down to is how well you take care of the machine.

I've had my CR-10 just over a year and it still runs great! only had to make a few small upgrades.

S225

Looking great so far! Are there any issues getting the shins to fit right? I'm having trouble getting mine to the right scale so they can be slid on in one part.

KGSupreme

Looking great so far! Are there any issues getting the shins to fit right? I'm having trouble getting mine to the right scale so they can be slid on in one part.
Hey thanks!

First issue to solve would be how large your printer is, I am 6ft 2in and my CR-10s has a large enough build volume that I was able to print a whole shin piece in one go.
Second issue is measuring your calf, shin, and feet in the shape of an ovaloid cylinder, like trying to imagine pointing your feet and sliding into an oddly rounded tube. The tolerance for how tight this fit will be is up to you.
Third problem to solve is how much of a printed part you can cut away without ruining the look of the part. The 3d models I used had a curled lip that bent inwards on the shin armor, so I was able to cut alot of material off post-print to make it more comfortable.

Of course making the whole set is a per-person problem to solve, I am still running into issues every time I get to work on it. Like I have been working out more and more since I started working on this project, and my thighs and biceps have become larger than they were when I measured and printed those parts.... gotta be lean not huge!

Good luck!

PokProps

Jr Member
The build is looking really good so far. I love the color scheme and the fact you got the magnum to sit on the hip. what did you use to get it to stay?

KGSupreme

The build is looking really good so far. I love the color scheme and the fact you got the magnum to sit on the hip. what did you use to get it to stay?
Magnets my dude! Edited the magnum 3d model so I could embed a magnet inside the model, did the same to the thigh armor. It works well enough for walking around, but it needs to be stronger if I plan to move a bit more aggressively

PokProps

Jr Member
Magnets my dude! Edited the magnum 3d model so I could embed a magnet inside the model, did the same to the thigh armor. It works well enough for walking around, but it needs to be stronger if I plan to move a bit more aggressively
Oh sick, I haven't seen very many magnets that are able to hold props on thighs. glad to know it works for you for the most part.

Hein B287

Oh sick, I haven't seen very many magnets that are able to hold props on thighs. glad to know it works for you for the most part.
with a printed magnum you can get it fairly light. for magnets i have a supplier that shows the holding force. for my own magnum's magazine i used 3 magnets with each capable of holding up to 2 kg. so 6 kg of force keeping the mag in place XD