Halo Community Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be on by 630 at the very latest, on my way home now. Places are crazy busy today, warm weather + holiday weekend = serious business!

Wow wow wow, Game 2 was a blowout and a half... and not the good kind.
Guess that's what happens when people who build Halo stuff and play for fun, play srs gamers :)

Sorry I'm out guys, the audio went out in my $170 gaming headphones and now I have to figure out what's wrong with them.
If I fix them I'll be on later tonight for some games.

Wow wow wow, Game 2 was a blowout and a half... and not the good kind.
Guess that's what happens when people who build Halo stuff and play for fun, play srs gamers :)

HA! serious gamers? all they did was hide in the corner grenade spam, and then pumble you.

Screenshot.ashx?fid=18156647&size=medium.jpg

poor 405th. :'(

Aftermath:

Screenshot.ashx?fid=18157021&size=medium.jpg

Just my two cents on the tourney.. While I respect MT for their skills, I can't help but say a few things. First of all we lost, that can't be denied. MT was better than us and we really had no idea how fast paced they were. Props to them.

However, I can't say I felt a slight dissapointment on how they used all power weapons and camped. Their team had the two snipers, the rocket launcher, the shotgun and the plasma launcher. We never stood a chance. All we had at the most was a shotgun, DMR, and the AR. I'm not saying it makes them any less, but I wasn't really that thrilled that most of my deaths were caused by either the DMR or rockets.

How the other game went, as far as I could hear, it was basically hiding and camping with grenades. I was hoping they wouldn't resort to camping..... but if it helps them win then good on them.

I think someone even said Jenny called us Nerds.. Don't know if it was a joke or she meant it.

So if any of them read this: Good game, I enjoyed the playing with my fellow 405th members.

But at the end of the day, we still got Halo armor, amirite?

AW WEAK! I MISSED THE 405th PIC!? Thats what I get for eating ribs....

MT has moved on up and are currently on bracket 4 vs GAF. I've been rooting for GAF since the beginning (aside from ourselves obviously) and I would absolutely love to see them run a train on them.

sorry I could make it. my xbox is being gay and lagging me like hell. so I didnt want to play and mess up the score for you guys hope you guys did good :)

Well if you call getting gang raped by a truckload of village idiots "good" ... WE WERE AWESOME! lol

I didnt get to play, but it was fun just waiting.

Hats off to MT... our butts will be sore for a week....

I think someone even said Jenny called us Nerds.. Don't know if it was a joke or she meant it.

Nope, she only called me a nerd :p

Master Theory currently against MetaHalo now for the championships.
Those guys really know how to use Evade and spawn points. Just goes to show that Evade can bail you out (sorry, Armor Lock, you're just delaying the inevitable) and get up to 4 to 5 guys surrounding you in no time.

But yeah I kinda expected us to lose to these guys. Unfortunately we didnt get to "connect" with the other fan sites during this tournament but oh well.

EDIT: MetaHalo Wins First Round.
Slayer on Synapse (Forge World) 75-33
But this time, MetaHalo has 2 Forerunners ;P versus MT's one.

Anyone else find it a bit odd how all the teams Master Theroy has versed seem to have negative feelings to them? Maybe they camped all the other rounds too? I'd guess so since thats basically all they did...

C0ME 0N META-HAL0! THE 405TH SUPP0RTS Y0U!

Anyone else find it a bit odd how all the teams Master Theroy has versed seem to have negative feelings to them? Maybe they camped all the other rounds too? I'd guess so since thats basically all they did...

C0ME 0N META-HAL0! THE 405TH SUPP0RTS Y0U!
Yeah, I'm reading the Neogaf Thread and MT uses Evade...A LOT

So you played gametypes where Evade was a Loadout? That sucks
Yeah on Tempest on Blue Side where there's this high giant rock the enemy team can just camp and shoot you from where as everywhere you spawn is down below them. It would have been less of a big deal if I would've spawned at the Pelican or something but no, we just kept spawning in our base with three to four on us a time.
Kind of sounds like how we faced them....... they were using evade to get out of sight and grenades and whatnot and they could use Evade to close in on us quickly.

My theory on how MetaHalo was able to win that time was because MT wasn't familiar with the map Synapse.

But how do we know what gametypes and maps we can use seriously??? :/

EDIT!!!!!!!!!
MetaHalo wins the second round, soooo they win the tourney I guess? Congrats MetaHalo!
Capture the Flag on BoardWalk 2-0

http://challonge.com/halocommunity
^ the overall results of the tournament.

Sorry to hear about the outcome guys. But we can still be proud that the 405th participated and was represented as one of the coolest Halo communities. Like someone else said, no matter the outcome, we have wearable Halo armor! None of the other communities can say that!

Can someone post links to the Carnage Reports of the games the 40th played in?

From what I understand, MT was using some annoying tactics to win. Which is a shame, because even though a win is a win, it's nice when the opposing team is not exploiting lame tactics like camping. Oh well. Too bad we couldn't have been matched up with a community that doesn't revolve around competitive play. Of course those kinds of communities are able to field a team of their absolute best players, who are no doubt good at the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back