"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I want to know: How can I make a pep file, for example a bicep from Halo: Reach, into a foam template file?

Or are there templates that I don't know of?

This is a pretty good tutorial, and it doesn't require Pepakura Designer:

Check out some of his other vids too, they're good. Especially the vacu-forming one.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've been working on a new idea for a visor and if u guys could look at my thread that'd be great. So I glued about 90 something hexagons on to my taped visor. I had orginoaly planed to sandblast it but as I was glueing the hexagons on I thought of the potential dangers of that. Such as the glue giving up and hexagons being blasted off the visor, also sand scratching under hexagons if the glue didn't seal off perfectly. Any way I need some way to remove the tape cleanly, cuz as of now using an x actor knife is the easiest solution. Thanks guys

Ps should I scratch in the details or use some sort of frosting spray?

you could try shaping it over a hard object that has a curve in it. As you heat the visor apply pressure to the edges and gently coax it to follow the curve.

You probably shouldn't. The visor is pretty bendy, so it's kinda hard to break. But when you take a hairdryer or heat gun to it it deforms the surface. It can look awful, especially with the really shiny ones.

I never actually quite gotten the difference between the Pepakura Request Thread and the 3D Model Request thread. Can someone please explain it?

I never actually quite gotten the difference between the Pepakura Request Thread and the 3D Model Request thread. Can someone please explain it?

Pepakura request is simply that, a request for files that are already imported to pepakura (unfolded or not). The 3D request forum is a request for raw 3D files of various file formats (3ds, skp, obj and so on), intended for use outside of pepakura like 3D animation, rendering, etc, but most will bring them into pepakura anyway.

I understand how to build pep it's relatively easy but I wish to try a new and more challanging task does anyone have the .STL or DXF halo files? For like a complete halo suit or a weapon or two?

help with buying

How would i go about finding someone to make me a cast of the mass effect blood dragon helmet, i couldnt find a buy and sell sub forum.

You can't access the classifieds untill your and infantryman. Besides the site is more about building you own and learning how, with the rest of us to help you when you get stuck.

Rondo is easy to mix, it's just a mix of fiberglass resin and bondo. You put your bondo in a cup then add resin until it's runny then you add your Bondo hardener, you can't really get the hardener part wrong any amount will do I think. and if it's too runny add more bondo or if it's not runny enough add more resin

Thank you for explaining this. I always looked in stores for it but could never find it. Now I know. Thanks again.

You can't access the classifieds untill your and infantryman. Besides the site is more about building you own and learning how, with the rest of us to help you when you get stuck.

I understand this is more of a DIY site but I suck at this. I tried to make a blood dragon helmet before but it caved in on itself. Could someone suggest a good place to have one made?

i'm was about making the visor with normal coke plastic 1 quetion what i must use to stick visor to the helmet

Guitarmaster..... Can you play the Halo them?..... post a sound file we wanna hear it! AS to the previous post, I agree with you that coke bottle plastic wouldnt work too well. But then ive never used it myself. Eventually a Halo Reach helmet I want to build will need a visor. Mark VI version. But im going to use a motorcycle helmet's visor for that!

Ive been scouring the forums looking for an answer to this question and so far no luck. If I missed it and if this is the wrong place to post this question then I apologize in advance. I need to get my hands on a visor for my JFO Helmet as part of my Reach armor build. I've located about a hundred different motorcycle replacement visors online for a wide range of prices but there is surprisingly little information on the dimensions of these visors. My concern is that I will purchase a visor and then it wont be wide enough to fit the opening of the JFO which has a wider visor requirement than most of the other helmets. Have any other builders here had a similar experience? Ive located a few threads on JFO builds but there was no mention of where the visors were purchased from or what type they were. Again, if I have missed the answer then I apologize and thank anyone kind enough to point out the missed information.

Thanks!!

Craftyname3 just type noob thread into the search box and you will find just about everything you need to know. I still find an answer there from time to time. Good luck mate. Just remember the only stupid question is the one that is never asked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back