New halo: Reach live action trailer- deliver hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone have somes pics and/or links to Thom's costume? Trooper0621 posted some photos here but was hoping more might be available (especially the jetpack). I know his suit is very similiar to Noble 6s, but there are some slight differences and I want to make sure they're noted :)

I wonder why I never noticed this before.

4df18d4d.jpg

Musta been a helluva kegger

P.s. On serious(?) note. Does anyone know what type of explosive that is? Is it canon

I know this is a realllly really old thread... and but I figure it's better than starting a new thread: but anyone realize that Noble Six wouldn't have died if he didn't to that epic 'stand around and look cool before throwing the bomb in slow-mo' thing? XD He should have just gone it, threw the damn then, than ran out. But nooooo, he had to waste time and over look the covenant and look cool.

That is the old Six. Because first time watching, I was like "wtf, Kat has her normal arm... this time line doesn't match up..." But then I realized, the live action trailer was when the old Six was with them and when Kat still had both arms. A like prelude to the game.
And really.. he could have just stashed it behind something lol.

I know this is a realllly really old thread...

Thanks for reviving...what a cool trailer (I haven't seen it before today).

It makes sense that this would be the Noble Six that the Noble Six in the game replaces since it appears he perishes in the trailer and he interacts with an "armed" Kat but didn't the Covenant arrive on Reach after Noble Six is replaced in the game? How then could the pre-game Noble Six die in this manner? I suppose the events of the trailer could have occurred somewhere other than Reach but that seems unlikely with the prominent "Remember Reach" tag-line. Maybe the glitch was caused by a change in story before the game was released?

In any event...what a cool trailer.

Yeah, that is a bit of a hiccup in the timeline... But I think I read somewhere, that this trailer took place on a different planet or area or something, and that it was 'before' Covenant attacked all of Reach. Uhhh... It was a city/colony I think.. called... uhh... Visegrad or something?
I think the live action trailers are supposed to go like this:
- Remember Reach
- Birth of a Spartan [Note at the spartan shown is Carter... And I'm pretty sure all the other guys in the truck at 0:50 are Jun, Jorge, and Emile]
- Deliver Hope [extended]
THEN 'Reach' the game where you play as Six. Sooo... pretty much the order in which the trailers came out. XD
So there's Visegrad, Carter is 'born', Noble team is trying to defend Visegrad, Kat is wounded and 'Thom' Six dies in blast, all of reach is under attack; you start playing as New Six which is where the game starts.
That or I'm wrong and Bungie just actually made up a weird timeline that doesn't make sense but still cool none the less. lol

Some side funny creative lawls:

Also on a side note, just found this, pretty interesting! The making of 'Deliver Hope'
Pretty funny how Kat is played by a dude in the trailer. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that is a bit of a hiccup in the timeline... But I think I read somewhere, that this trailer took place on a different planet or area or something, and that it was 'before' Covenant attacked all of Reach. Uhhh... It was a city/colony I think.. called... uhh... Visegrad or something?
- Remember Reach
- Birth of a Spartan [Note at the spartan shown is Carter... And I'm pretty sure all the other guys in the truck at 0:50 are Jun, Jorge, and Emile]
THEN 'Reach' the game where you play as Six. Sooo... pretty much the order in which the trailers came out. XD
So there's Visegrad, Carter is 'born', Noble team is trying to defend Visegrad, Kat is wounded and 'Thom' Six dies in blast, all of reach is under attack; you start playing as New Six which is where the game starts.
That or I'm wrong and Bungie just actually made up a weird timeline that doesn't make sense but still cool none the less.
Visegrad is the name of the town on Reach with the relay station where you, as Noble 6, run your first mission as part of Noble Team.

The fight in the "Deliver Hope" trailer is from an unnamed battle on a different planet (name unknown), something like 5 or 6 months before Halo: Reach begins. Carter takes a while to pick replacements.

Visegrad is the name of the town on Reach with the relay station where you, as Noble 6, run your first mission as part of Noble Team.

The fight in the "Deliver Hope" trailer is from an unnamed battle on a different planet (name unknown), something like 5 or 6 months before Halo: Reach begins. Carter takes a while to pick replacements.
Well ok then, lol, Bungie likes to make confusing timelines that don't match up.

- Remember Reach
That or I'm wrong and Bungie just actually made up a weird timeline that doesn't make sense but still cool none the less. lol

Some side funny creative lawls:

Also on a side note, just found this, pretty interesting! The making of 'Deliver Hope'
Pretty funny how Kat is played by a dude in the trailer. lol

jorge is not a SIII, he wouldn't be in there.
remember reach happened a day before the main covanet invasion.
visegard is a coms relay on reach, it was noble teams first deployment on reach during the fall.
carter was in combat wih noble during deliver hope. he and cat were the last two original surviving members of NOBLE team before the fall.(at one minute you see him assasinating a elite.)

jorge is not a SIII, he wouldn't be in there.
remember reach happened a day before the main covanet invasion.
visegard is a coms relay on reach, it was noble teams first deployment on reach during the fall.
carter was in combat wih noble during deliver hope. he and cat were the last two original surviving members of NOBLE team before the fall.(at one minute you see him assasinating a elite.)
But the rest of Noble WAS in Deliver Hope as well... Jorge, Jun, AND Emile... Not just Carter, Kat, and Old Six; which is what made it confusing...
Jorge is at 0:35
Emile is at 0:36 for a split second - He's behind a rock waving people over
Jun is at 0:55 - they didn't technically show his face, but the sniper rifle implied it.
The Carter at 0:59, assassinating, Kat through the whole thing, and Old Six at 1:30

And you can't tell me the other 3 aren't in there when they clearly are... Emile and Jorge are stupid obvious in there (I mean, who else would carve up their helmet like that), and Jun was implied (because everyone knows, if you're a decent sniper, you're never seen)

But the rest of Noble WAS in Deliver Hope as well... Jorge, Jun, AND Emile... Not just Carter, Kat, and Old Six; which is what made it confusing...
Jorge is at 0:35
Emile is at 0:36 for a split second - He's behind a rock waving people over
Jun is at 0:55 - they didn't technically show his face, but the sniper rifle implied it.
The Carter at 0:59, assassinating, Kat through the whole thing, and Old Six at 1:30

And you can't tell me the other 3 aren't in there when they clearly are... Emile and Jorge are stupid obvious in there (I mean, who else would carve up their helmet like that), and Jun was implied (because everyone knows, if you're a decent sniper, you're never seen)

It says Jun in his HUD.

I was watching this yesterday, going through it frame by frame. I love this video. It's always nice to see the live action stuff. Makes me both excited and disappointed about a Halo movie: it would be so good if it were this well done, and what is taking so long?

I know I'm late to the party on this thread, but because I was revisiting it yesterday I thought I'd necro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back